• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Soul.

Well i never really utilized chain grabbing when I played them. And I'm pretty sure the chain grabbing wouldn't be an issue in Smash 4 since there is now a cool down on grabs.

2 in 1 characters are a pain to go up against given my experience against good Rosalina players within the past month LOL but idt they ICs would be that bad.
Oh yeah, grabs have cool downs now. If the ICs were in Smash 4 they would have to be played differently. No chain grabs, still good and stuff.
And lol yes, Rosalina is too good. Single Star Bits stop the opponent due to how far they go (pls correct if I'm wrong). Everything about her is good (except the light weight and tall frame). Luma is just a bonus.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I've got a great idea then.
Let's talk about the Star Wars prequels. I honestly thought they were okay.
I enjoyed them. Then I saw opinions on the Internet. Since then, I've never really talked about my opinion on them besides maybe discussions on how things are connected.

TIL that if you are a Japanese Club Nintendo member and you register both SSB4 and Pokemon ORAS, you get a code for a Greninja based on the one in Smash. I've always wanted a Pokemon event based on a playable one in Smash, but this is Japan only. Hopefully they have one for Mewtwo worldwide once the DLC for Smash is released...even though you can just get him in XY or have an event Mewtwo from gen V.

D

Deleted member

I totally am fine with this. Tweak them if they must!
Better than nothing, to be honest. Although it might give them some nerfs here and there, I think that's the best way to find a solution to the 3DS problems.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I will not rest until I find one person, ONE, who says, "you're right, Kenith, it's possible, albeit remotely, that a character represented by an Assist Trophy could become a fighter through downloadable content".

Just once. This must be what being a Ridley fan feels like. Except there were a lot of them...
You do realize I've always supported the idea that one role does not make the other possible, right? Unlikely, sure, but that's about it.

I think it depends who the AT is, not the fact they're an AT. I think all the Zelda AT's could easily be great playable choices. Same with Takamaru, and I admit Dark Samus could work too. This is ignoring who I want when I say all this.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You do realize I've always supported the idea that one role does not make the other possible, right? Unlikely, sure, but that's about it.

I think it depends who the AT is, not the fact they're an AT. I think all the Zelda AT's could easily be great playable choices. Same with Takamaru, and I admit Dark Samus could work too. This is ignoring who I want when I say all this.
Sort of in the same boat if I'm being a little more serious. Though I don't actually expect any of them to be full on fighters in this game. I could see one or two of them being made playable in a later Smash game. Essentially being promoted to playable status, since they were somewhat close before.

That said Dark Samus would be personally hype to me. But that's my own bias.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
See, this is what I want to hear. Actual discussion instead of being dismissed entirely.

And besides this, this isn't just about the Zelda character anymore. If I was asking for just Midna to be promoted through DLC...well, I wouldn't, that would be unfair. Isabelle and Takamaru are more likely anyway.
I just want people to not dismiss the possibility, and to keep pushing for what they want to see, regardless of what is already in the game. That applies to even Ridley.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
See, this is what I want to hear. Actual discussion instead of being dismissed entirely.

And besides this, this isn't just about the Zelda character anymore. If I was asking for just Midna to be promoted through DLC...well, I wouldn't, that would be unfair. Isabelle and Takamaru are more likely anyway.
I just want people to not dismiss the possibility, and to keep pushing for what they want to see, regardless of what is already in the game. That applies to even Ridley.
Agreed. It's fine to think it's unlikely, which is reasonable. But impossible? Sakurai clearly isn't following any rules nor gave ones to us about this. Why should we act like they exist?

And we do have a good Zelda amount, admittedly. I would not mind Tingle myself, but Vaati is the only not AT and actually could be interesting. That said, there's so many neat choices that got AT'd. Saki, Lyn, Waluigi, Samurai Goroh, every Zelda option, Takmaru, Isabelle, arguably the 3rd Party ones...

On another note, the one sucky part about IC's being cut is that we can't make Hammer Bros. alts for 'em. XD

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I can see Isabelle becoming a DLC character with how she's everywhere in video games now.
Her moves would revolve around making everyone die of cuteness.

Now in a serious way, I'd like to see her moveset as something like Phoenix Wright in UMvsC3 mixed with Villager playstyle, with other Animal Crossing items.

Also I wanted to ask, who's that in your avata?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've got a great idea then.
Let's talk about the Star Wars prequels. I honestly thought they were okay.
I really liked them all when I was younger but I noticed their flaws a bit more as I got older.

I still like them all, perhaps just not quite as much as I used to, particularly episode one.

I do love me some Revenge of the Sith though. It's my favorite movie in the franchise along with Return of the Jedi.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The only thing I edited was the little mole, that wasn't there in the original face
Pretty darn accurate imho.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Agreed. It's fine to think it's unlikely, which is reasonable. But impossible? Sakurai clearly isn't following any rules nor gave ones to us about this. Why should we act like they exist?
And we do have a good Zelda amount, admittedly. I would not mind Tingle myself, but Vaati is the only not AT and actually could be interesting. That said, there's so many neat choices that got AT'd. Saki, Lyn, Waluigi, Samurai Goroh, every Zelda option, Takamaru, Isabelle, arguably the 3rd Party ones...
I don't actually anticipate it to ever happen, but if it does, I think the first one to get confirmed will be Isabelle, like @ praline praline said, considering she is everywhere now.

After that, there needs to be a new Zelda character. From what I have seen from the old polls from before release, the requests for all of the Zelda characters outweighed some of the biggest numbers by a lot, and Zelda has gotten a lot of growing. Now, the only non-Assist Trophy choices are Vaati, who, while cool, is really obscure, Tetra, who isn't outstandingly unique and another form of Zelda, and Impa, a side character who only recently was even considered by the fanbase. If Sakurai seriously wants a new Zelda character for DLC, I don't think he would say "well, we've spent all the most unique and popular Zelda characters, guess we just have these guys".

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't actually anticipate it to ever happen, but if it does, I think the first one to get confirmed will be Isabelle, like @ praline praline said, considering she is everywhere now.

After that, there needs to be a new Zelda character. From what I have seen from the old polls from before release, the requests for all of the Zelda characters outweighed some of the biggest numbers by a lot, and Zelda has gotten a lot of growing. Now, the only non-Assist Trophy choices are Vaati, who, while cool, is really obscure, Tetra, who isn't outstandingly unique and another form of Zelda, and Impa, a side character who only recently was even considered by the fanbase. If Sakurai seriously wants a new Zelda character for DLC, I don't think he would say "well, we've spent all the most unique and popular Zelda characters, guess we just have these guys".
You forgot Toon Ganondorf and regular pig Ganon. But otherwise, yeah. Lots of neat choices, not counting maybe Phantom Ganon(that could be interesting) and Odowolda(spelling?). There's quite a lot of notable bosses. I would love somebody from MM(if only to promote the game via a DLC character. But a DLC stage would be great too). Remember the half-Gibdo? Weird choice, but there's so much to work with. That's my favorite part about the Zelda series, it has tons of potential.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You forgot Toon Ganondorf and regular pig Ganon. But otherwise, yeah. Lots of neat choices, not counting maybe Phantom Ganon(that could be interesting) and Odowolda(spelling?). There's quite a lot of notable bosses. I would love somebody from MM(if only to promote the game via a DLC character. But a DLC stage would be great too). Remember the half-Gibdo? Weird choice, but there's so much to work with. That's my favorite part about the Zelda series, it has tons of potential.
I never actually considered Toon Ganondorf seriously. He does have dual swords, and would also be a solution to the whole "clone" thing...
I support, I guess?
And if you want someone from Majora's Mask, how about Young Lin-*shot*
Or Skull Kid. There is more than one, and they don't all have masks...

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I thought 3 was wrapped up just perfectly. And as brilliant as the people at Pixar are I can't help but have a little bit of doubt that it won't really live up to the 3rd film...

Guess I'll have to wait and see where it goes too. Only time will tell.
It's their second most marketable movie. If... *sigh* Cars gets a sequel, this is not surprising.

Still I'm waiting news for Finding Dory and Incredibles 2.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Incredibles 2 should have existed way before Cars 2 or Planes existed.
A cure for cancer should have existed before Cars 2 or Planes existed.
World hunger should have been resolved before Cars 2 or Planes existed.
The very existence of those films shows that mankind is slowly regressing back into cavemen.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I never actually considered Toon Ganondorf seriously. He does have dual swords, and would also be a solution to the whole "clone" thing...
I support, I guess?
And if you want someone from Majora's Mask, how about Young Lin-*shot*
Or Skull Kid. There is more than one, and they don't all have masks...
To be fair, the Skull Kid from MM is the only one with that Mask. The ones in OOT and TP don't. Would work well, imo.

I think it's only fair Ganondorf gets another one of himself if Link and Zelda do. Plus, Toon Ganondorf, as said, solves the clone issue while keeping the version people enjoy playing as around. Ganon with a Trident is more interesting, though. Since it's not another Ganondorf, but an entirely different version of Ganondorf. Pig Ganon's Final Smash should be a Ganondorf who attacks. :troll:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I liked the first Cars movie *dodges bullets coming from everywhere* but the second... really, who came up with such a stupid plot? It makes the ending of any Negima adaptation or Brand New Day look brilliant in comparision.

Planes wasn't even made made by Pixar, which was mistake number 1.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I really hope they keep some of the adult humor from the first Incredibles.
Like the part where syndrome was like:
OH NO. You married elastic (spelling) girl? Ho ho h- AND GOT BUSSAAAYY!!! ITS A WHOLE FAMILY OF SUPERS!!
I swear I laugh soooo hard when he said the get busy bit. Gets me every time XD

Soul.

Young Link is never going to come back unless they get rid of Toon Link, which I doubt. Of course, the Zelda series needs a smaller Link in Smash Bros. (Correct me if I'm wrong again.)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
To be fair, the Skull Kid from MM is the only one with that Mask. The ones in OOT and TP don't. Would work well, imo.
I think it's only fair Ganondorf gets another one of himself if Link and Zelda do. Plus, Toon Ganondorf, as said, solves the clone issue while keeping the version people enjoy playing as around. Ganon with a Trident is more interesting, though. Since it's not another Ganondorf, but an entirely different version of Ganondorf. Pig Ganon's Final Smash should be a Ganondorf who attacks. :troll:
Forgot about Ganon. Would totally be okay with Pig Ganon at this point.
BTW, what I was suggesting is that the Assist Trophy Skull Kid would have no mask while the playable one would. It wouldn't be confusing either way as the Assist Trophy is stationary anyway.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This just in. Person on internet says smart thing. More at 11.

The fact Cars even got a sequel at all is just weird. But, hey it sells toys, so that might be why it was made.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom