• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I have acquired festive power. I am ready for halloween.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I have acquired festive power. I am ready for halloween.
Halloween is cancelled for this year at where I live. Apparently a month ago or so someone killed a cop and is on the loose. And he can apparently survive in the forest on his own, ala Rambo. They still haven't caught him so Halloween is cancelled to keep the kids safe.

This happened not too far from where I lived, which is crazy because I live in a relatively really low populated area with no nearby huge cities.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I have never seen you. I mean, I know of you, but I have never actually seen you.

Indeed. I am also unaware of the happenings in America.
Haven't seen your name on this site or at least not in this specific thread for a while.
Better?

Morbi

Scavenger
Halloween is cancelled for this year at where I live. Apparently a month ago someone killed a cop and is on the loose. He's a survivalist and can survive in the forest on his own. They still haven't caught him so Halloween is cancelled to keep the kids safe.

This happened not too far from where I lived, which is crazy because I live in a relatively really low populated area with no nearby huge cities.
Oh, please protect the poor children. I am sure that a cop-killer is sooooooo obsessed with murdering children by the dozen on Halloween. Let us fear monger so that our denizens do not have to bother purchasing Halloween candy!

I would still trick-or-treat. Cops can't stop me. If they wanted to "keep me safe" they would have to throw me in jail for the night.

#correlationdoesnotimplycausation

Naoshi

Oh, please protect the poor children. I am sure that a cop-killer is sooooooo obsessed with murdering children by the dozen on Halloween. Let us fear monger so that our denizens do not have to bother purchasing Halloween candy!

I would still trick-or-treat. Cops can't stop me. If they wanted to "keep me safe" they would have to throw me in jail for the night.

#correlationdoesnotimplycausation
Not to mention the killer is likely way out of the county by now :/

But I understand their concern, he is on the FBI 10 most wanted now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Matthew_Frein

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Not to mention the killer is likely way out of the county by now :/
But I understand their concern, he is on the FBI 10 most wanted now.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Matthew_Frein
What I don't understand is if he's known for killing cops...why would he go after children?
Especially when they're in a huge group with adults who could kill him?

Morbi

Scavenger
What I don't understand is if he's known for killing cops...why would he go after children?
Especially when they're in a huge group with adults who could kill him?
He would not go after children and they do understand that. It is probably some half-hearted attempt to spread awareness. I mean... look, we did not know about him until about a couple of minutes ago. It works!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
He would not go after children and they do understand that. It is probably some half-hearted attempt to spread awareness. I mean... look, we did not know about him until about a couple of minutes ago. It works!
Seeing as how I still haven't heard of this anywhere else, I'm guessing it's happening somewhere far away.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Halloween is cancelled for this year at where I live. Apparently a month ago or so someone killed a cop and is on the loose. And he can apparently survive in the forest on his own, ala Rambo. They still haven't caught him so Halloween is cancelled to keep the kids safe.

I've been in that kinda situation before, but it was more about the weather than crime. Back when I lived in Miami when I was ten, they cancelled Halloween because of hurricane danger.

Naoshi

I don't agree with their methods but I guess it's their "better safe than sorry" I suppose.

Seeing as how I still haven't heard of this anywhere else, I'm guessing it's happening somewhere far away.
Yeah, it's just happening in northeast PA. My county doesn't have a huge population. Even my town barely has 1000 of people

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I've been in that kinda situation before, but it was more about the weather than crime. Back when I lived in Miami when I was ten, they cancelled Halloween because of hurricane danger.
I suppose, at the very least, hurricane danger is a very real problem. I was not aware that anyone could "cancel" a holiday, that seem extremely outlandish to be honest.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
A cornered animal is very unpredictable (hostages, ect), depending on circumstance murderer might alredy have lost his mind by crossing the line.

There was once a woman who shot a man to death and got to walk free because he was the subject of her revenge, and clearly, she had no plans to kill anyone else so she posed no threat.

She killed herself and her child by jumping into deep water and intentionally drowning.

I say lets keep the kids safe for now.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
There was once a woman who shot a man to death and got to walk free because he was the subject of her revenge, and clearly, she had no plans to kill anyone else so she posed no threat.
"Justice"

Do you know anything more about this? I feel there might be more to the story.

Morbi

Scavenger
A cornered animal is very unpredictable (hostages, ect), depending on circumstance murderer might alredy have lost his mind by crossing the line.

She killed herself and her child by jumping into deep water and intentionally drowning.

I say lets keep the kids safe for now.
It does not sound as though he is very cornered to me. It is seemingly apparent that the pigs are #rekt regarding this issue. One does not objectively "lose" their mind after committing homicide either. There are quite a few sane murderers. Regardless, most parents would probably keep their children indoors anyways. Nothing gets to a parent more than the threat of violence.

There are other ways they could celebrate Halloween. :4jigglypuff:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Yeah. Some people in this world are creepy...

So Let's talk about Ice Cream!
What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Smurf.

No seriously, thats what its called (at least here). Its blue and tastes like bubblegum.
Smurf? Pft. I've heard weirder things...
No, seriously. My favorite Ice Cream flavor is Toast.
Toast flavored Ice Cream is the BEST THING EVER.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah. Some people in this world are creepy...

So Let's talk about Ice Cream!
What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Mint chocolate chip; only the artificial green mint, I hate when they put the mint attributes into the chip itself and pass it off as a "more serious" ice-cream. Mint chocolate chip needs to learn what it is and accept itself for what it is.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
No, Paper Mario! Geno is perfect for SMASH 4 franchise in time to shine!View attachment 28409
problem: smrpg is the foundation of the Paper Mario series.

Without smrpg, Paper Mario never existed.

But Geno is third party...Paper Mario acted as its replacement, but it can't replicated because of third party stuff.

I however, do support smrpg in any way possible even as low as trophy, but knowing the chances are super low. The reasons I do support any repping is because personally, I don't see repped without smrpg, but due to the circumstances, smrpg got ignored and tbh, even tough I like more Paper Mario, that's quite unfortunate.

It's like, I would like that the game that spawned this wonderful series was at least acknowledged decently, but is instead ignored for reasons that unfortunately is most likely going to take over.

Now, geno as character is really if you go crazy in repping broadness (which is already crazy imo), but remove any third party restriction and he MIGHT get this, but with them, it`s unfortunately the forgotten origins of Paper Mario....

I just wanted to comment on this because no one seems to acknowledge that and the truth is, I do owe a lot to smrpg because pm64 was based on it and took several inspiration from earthbound (I might have found a tessie equivalent).

So, I sort of want repping for smrpg in any way and in this case since it`s pure want, you might think it's support, but the reason I'm not vocal on it is because the sad truth is the chances are super low.

So, GL with your support!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Chocolate may not be my fav flavor but...
I do not like chocolate ice-cream because it tastes nothing like chocolate. It also looks like ****, literally. :4jigglypuff:
I'm beginning to get the feeling that you've never actually seen real life ****.
You must be an alien who feeds off positive emotion, which is why you like so many people's posts.
Also, seriously. If you ever havea chance to buy toast ice cream, do it.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
You guys be crazy to be hating on chocolate icecream. Clearly you are possessed and in need of purification, we need some holy water! And sacred fire!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Chocolate > Vanilla. This is fact. Mint is pretty good too, but not the absolute best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom