• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Didn't Animal Crossing have a SoL anime before? I'd figure they'd be the prime candidate for stuff like that.
The Animal Crossing anime was absolutely beautiful. Shame it wasn't dubbed.

I'd love to see something that again.

:231:

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
But why Rosalina and the Lumas? These scenarios are typical sitcom plots, yet are incredibly out of character for this setting. Why does Rosalina have to wash clothes? Why does she go to a baseball game? She's the queen of the cosmos, near godlike power, she's not going to spend time doing crap like that. A slice of life series would be better in a game series that could have fun with the tropes while remaining in their world and still being able to provide humor. Splatoon comes to mind as a prime example:

1. An early-level inkling watching a ranked turf war sneaks in to try to prove his worth against top players.
2. An inkling is attempting to choose a weapon from Sheldon's shop, only to be completely inadequate, much to Sheldon's dismay.
3. Wondering why Judd sleeps so long, a bunch of Inklings try to wake him up. Gives us more insight on Judd through his dreams or something.
4. A jellyfish tries to get some shopping in at Arowana Mall, unsuspectingly interrupting a turf war.

EDIT: That isn't to say Rosalina isn't capable of starring in a series of shorts. Hand-drawn shorts recapping her Storybook would be sweet af.
You probably have a point there. I guess I was just thinking about stuff that Rosalina and the Lumas would do during their travels. The things I've brought up wouldn't necessarily take place at the same planet though.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
You probably have a point there. I guess I was just thinking about stuff that Rosalina and the Lumas would do during their travels. The things I've brought up wouldn't necessarily take place at the same planet though.
I've got this small hunch that you kind of like Rosalina...

:p

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
By the way, PSA that avatar uploader is broken again.

Warchamp7 is doing his best now and is preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready. :p

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
One good thing about the movies would be, that we'd get Nintendo characters involved with actual plot, which has often been lacking, at least in some series. Also, they could use the movies to easily reveal some interesting backstories, that they could use in the future games and other stuff.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
YouTube is smart!

Well, now that you brought this up, I want to say that I hate this guy. I have been listening to his high quality rips a lot currently. And every time I see that he has ripped some song, I know what I will get if I listen to it. And every time, even after I get what I expected I feel cheated. What kind of sorcery is this?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've been watching Yuyushiki over the last couple of days. I know of no other show that uses browsing random stuff on Wikipedia as the premise.

That resonates with me really well. :laugh:

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Urgh, this morning's off to a wonderful start. I'm a shift manager at a restaurant that I've only been working at for a little over a month (I was promoted mid-interview), and last night, when I was doing the cash count, the register came up almost two dozen over. In the past, I've never had to deal with this (usually the total comes up fine when I'm running the shift) but I think it's because I had a newbie who was stressing during a busy dinner shift, and I had to do shipment (which is exhausting and stressful as well). Anyway, I tried to call and text my boss about what I should do, and no response the entire night. So I'm friggin' paranoid the whole night, to the point that I can't sleep because I'm worried about if I did the right thing or not without her instruction. Finally, this morning right after I get up (not really wake up so much as accept my fate), she texts me with instructions on what to do. Now, I have to open the store soon anyway, so y'know, I can fix what I did real quick, but getting barely any sleep between a closing and opening shifts is the ****ing worst.

Also Fαлکऊপあ you change your avatar a lot, I mean dang

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Urgh, this morning's off to a wonderful start. I'm a shift manager at a restaurant that I've only been working at for a little over a month (I was promoted mid-interview), and last night, when I was doing the cash count, the register came up almost two dozen over. In the past, I've never had to deal with this (usually the total comes up fine when I'm running the shift) but I think it's because I had a newbie who was stressing during a busy dinner shift, and I had to do shipment (which is exhausting and stressful as well). Anyway, I tried to call and text my boss about what I should do, and no response the entire night. So I'm friggin' paranoid the whole night, to the point that I can't sleep because I'm worried about if I did the right thing or not without her instruction. Finally, this morning right after I get up (not really wake up so much as accept my fate), she texts me with instructions on what to do. Now, I have to open the store soon anyway, so y'know, I can fix what I did real quick, but getting barely any sleep between a closing and opening shifts is the ****ing worst.
That sucks. =/

Also Fαлکऊপあ you change your avatar a lot, I mean dang
Unless I'm too fond of an avatar, every few days. :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
After thinking it over, I've decided to dump my Smash Wii U ISO onto my computer, and I was able to get all of its contents in one attempt.

Now, I'm kind of just browsing through the parameter files to see where the character attributes are, and I ran into something called fighter_param.bin. That seems to be the file that contains all the attributes for each fighter, but I do still need to record all of my findings in regards to where the walk speed, run speed, air speed, air acceleration, and falling speed values are.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Sooo... the next death battle features one of my all time favorite videogame characters.
Freakin' Sweet Tooth is matched up against the Joker! :D

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
So, tomorrow marks the final day of the school year for me. Super hyped! Now I have time for the things I want to do. :happysheep:

Last edited:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
FG's currently undergoing maintenance, is it safe to assume the update's inbound?

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
So my work day surprisingly turned right around and got a lot better. I successfully delegated duties and trained up the newbies. I've had this weird feeling all day, I think it's something freaky like, I dunno, job satisfaction? Feels good to be the boss lady and be good at it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So my work day surprisingly turned right around and got a lot better. I successfully delegated duties and trained up the newbies. I've had this weird feeling all day, I think it's something freaky like, I dunno, job satisfaction? Feels good to be the boss lady and be good at it.

And what is it you do?

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
Yayyyyy! Finally let out of school! Also had a super awesome party with my friends during lunch. It was such a great time :121:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well, now that you brought this up, I want to say that I hate this guy. I have been listening to his high quality rips a lot currently. And every time I see that he has ripped some song, I know what I will get if I listen to it. And every time, even after I get what I expected I feel cheated. What kind of sorcery is this?
So Im not the only one that feels like this too?

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799

And what is it you do?
I'm currently shift leader at a restaurant. There's only one other proper shift lead and as things stand, I'm basically the GM's first mate (and the DM's favorite). I actually went to college to study veterinary medicine, so I don't plan on being in a restaurant forever, although I do like working with food a lot; I almost considered culinary school.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Just get foobar and the vgmstream plugin, get the sound file from TTYD and voila, you have the best quality playback yay! :)

Though, tbh, gulvasummer, the legit account that is, is really trusted for quality compared to brawlbrstm, seriously, brstm disappointed me a lot. You think they are ok, but no, I freaking hear static on a lot of rips of them so I don;t trust them as much.
Welcome to Smashboards, where we play Smash Bros.
YOU DO?

0_o

(95% of my activities here was talking about everything BUT ssb)

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I spent some more time playing around with my first texture hack for Smash Wii U, and I pretty much learned the hard way that replacing one palette swap with another one can lead to color issues; while doing these tests, my Flying Mario hack's gloves turned red when they should be white. As a result, if I was working on Mario's default outfit, the texture edits to it had to stay on the 1st palette swap.

I also decided to change which palette Flying Mario uses, which is now over Mario's 5th palette, instead of his 7th palette.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
At the rate I'm going, I should be done with both Imperishable Night and Phantasmagoria of flower view before the end of the month.

It has seriously enriched my vocabulary, due to having to translate a lot of terms and concepts I only knew in English or Japanese. And for many of the lines, I translated not just from English translation, but also from the French one, which unlike most translations on the site is translated not from the English one but independently from the original Japanese.

TL;DR: Games are an incredible language learning tool, especially if you want to expand your vocabulary.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
There's a Smash tourney coming next week-end near my place, so I decided to to participate. So I'm actually playing Smash and learning my characters properly. Mario & Falco are great as mains.
I'm also drawing some stuff, and JoJo is influencing me a little too much...
JoE.png

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
There's a Smash tourney coming next week-end near my place, so I decided to to participate. So I'm actually playing Smash and learning my characters properly. Mario & Falco are great as mains.
I'm also drawing some stuff, and JoJo is influencing me a little too much...
Ooo! A tourney! Is it a friendly one? Those are loads of fun! Although competitive ones are not shy of that either!

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Ooo! A tourney! Is it a friendly one? Those are loads of fun! Although competitive ones are not shy of that either!
It's at a convention. I don't even know if it's a legit tournament, so I'll see what I get. It's probably gonna be a crappy tourney.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
It's at a convention. I don't even know if it's a legit tournament, so I'll see what I get. It's probably gonna be a crappy tourney.
last time I played at a convention I got first place just by spacing f-airs with jiggly puff then when ever I got a knock down i would just read their get up option and f-smash. I got throght the bracket entierly on four stocks until winners quarters :) #ezmoney

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Still kind of surprised the patch only did work only on one character. Has to suck for Bayo mains though.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Not as bad as it sucks for us Bowser Jr/Koopaling mains. :p

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Still kind of surprised the patch only did work only on one character. Has to suck for Bayo mains though.
tumblr_inline_o3vnqjUYh01rz2l15_500.gif

Smash4_1.1.6_update.gif

I guess that's another top tier down. Now let's see who will be the next "Hey, that's pretty good" top tier character. Putting my bets on Rosalina for old times sake.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I want to believe that this is the last update if they only bothered to balance a single character.

Only time will tell though.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
So has anyone on this thread talked about this ***hole yet?
(If for whatever reason you can't/don't feel like watching the full video, basically, what the guy, CJ So Cool did was went out, bought Ice Cream for his kids, and snuck crushed up Laxative pills into the kid's Ice Cream on camera, then proceeded to feed the Ice Cream to the kids. 90 minutes later, the kids are seen on camera, literally in tears. What's sad is that there are people actually defending this idiot. Also, it should be really obvious, but I was talking about CJ So Cool, not the guy covering the news. The guy covering the news, ReviewTechUSA, as far as I know, is actually a really cool person.)

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
(If for whatever reason you can't/don't feel like watching the full video, basically, what the guy, CJ So Cool did was went out, bought Ice Cream for his kids, and snuck crushed up Laxative pills into the kid's Ice Cream on camera, then proceeded to feed the Ice Cream to the kids. 90 minutes later, the kids are seen on camera, literally in tears. What's sad is that there are people actually defending this idiot. Also, it should be really obvious, but I was talking about CJ So Cool, not the guy covering the news. The guy covering the news, ReviewTechUSA, as far as I know, is actually a really cool person.)
What a giant asshole this guy is.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'd like to think that's less of a prank and more of a crime.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
What a giant ******* this guy is.
Indeed. The guy never even made an apology video or anything. Didn't apologize on social media either, as far as I'm aware. He's a piece of ****.

---

@Fαлکऊপあ Also, same here. It's child abuse. Pretty sure that's considered illegal here in the States, where the video was filmed. But then again, I'm not the best with laws, so if I'm wrong, people may feel free to correct me.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Pranks ware a mistake. Youtube made every idiot try to bother random people in increasingly invasive ways for that 5 seconds of fame to the point that walking around in US feels more dangerous because of pranksters than gangs or bad cops or terrorists or what have you. This here, this is the tipping point, what the hell. Its just wrong, at least it wasnt someone else's kids as that would be downright ****ing illegal, but this is still disgusting. Just what the hell man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom