• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I approve of the new thread title

I agree the opening sequence is a bit daft. I also don't feel like the song is best suited to the series, but it's not a bad song - it's catchy, and has grown on me since I first heard it. The second episode was definitely a big step up in quality from the first (which was only just the tutorial case, it was never going to be anything spectacular anyway), but the second episode does have Maya and Edgeworth in its favour, so it had already won somewhat from the start. :p

I've also been playing the actual episodes from the game alongside the anime, so I can compare the two - see what the anime added or removed, and what it can do differently thanks to being a different medium. It's staying faithful to the games, and the changes are mostly just to the sequence of events, for the sake of pacing (and even adds some new bits, like Grossberg agreeing to defend Maya before being warned off by Redd White). Didn't notice anything major being cut (except for Phoenix's first meeting with April May, but whatever). I like what they've been doing with Edgeworth and Maya so far - I'm going to be keeping a close eye on how those two are adapted, so if anything is off, you can expect to hear about it from me.

Enjoying the series overall so far.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I approve of the new thread title

I agree the opening sequence is a bit daft. I also don't feel like the song is best suited to the series, but it's not a bad song - it's catchy, and has grown on me since I first heard it. The second episode was definitely a big step up in quality from the first (which was only just the tutorial case, it was never going to be anything spectacular anyway), but the second episode does have Maya and Edgeworth in its favour, so it had already won somewhat from the start. :p

I've also been playing the actual episodes from the game alongside the anime, so I can compare the two - see what the anime added or removed, and what it can do differently thanks to being a different medium. It's staying faithful to the games, and the changes are mostly just to the sequence of events, for the sake of pacing (and even adds some new bits, like Grossberg agreeing to defend Maya before being warned off by Redd White). Didn't notice anything major being cut (except for Phoenix's first meeting with April May, but whatever). I like what they've been doing with Edgeworth and Maya so far - I'm going to be keeping a close eye on how those two are adapted, so if anything is off, you can expect to hear about it from me.

Enjoying the series overall so far.
My big complaint of the anime is how we lost the sarcasm of Phoenix for a more "basic anime hero" guy. Sure, he was always like this to begin with, but I miss his really sarcastic comments and how he felt like a normal dude trapped in a somewhat goofy world. Now we got cheesy shots looking at the rain and lots of flashbacks. At least he's still clumsy, and he does the poses of the games. I just wish that he was more sarcastic, so in short, closer to the games.

The anime is still fun though. Over the top, just how I like it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My big complaint of the anime is how we lost the sarcasm of Phoenix for a more "basic anime hero" guy. Sure, he was always like this to begin with, but I miss his really sarcastic comments and how he felt like a normal dude trapped in a somewhat goofy world. Now we got cheesy shots looking at the rain and lots of flashbacks. At least he's still clumsy, and he does the poses of the games. I just wish that he was more sarcastic, so in short, closer to the games.

The anime is still fun though. Over the top, just how I like it.
Being sarcastic isn't his main trait though. He's still a straight man compared to the other characters in the series.

:231:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I never played any Ace Attorney game, but Im interested on the anime; should I know anything before watching to undertstand it?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
it's not really the fact that I have no interest in Ace Attorney at all, it's just that usually with Anime adaptions of game franchises, they're not really that good.

I'm not saying the Ace Attorney anime is bad, but you'd have to go back to the late 80's when Zelda got an animated show, and from what Peanut Butter Gamer says, it isn't that great.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
You can call me a filthy memer if you want, but a thing just popped into my head, and I found it quite funny and thought that I should share it. I just wondered, what if we got the greatest music remix of all time: Dadrude - Grandstorm

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
it's not really the fact that I have no interest in Ace Attorney at all, it's just that usually with Anime adaptions of game franchises, they're not really that good.

I'm not saying the Ace Attorney anime is bad, but you'd have to go back to the late 80's when Zelda got an animated show, and from what Peanut Butter Gamer says, it isn't that great.
Oh, you and your leaps of logic.

>The 80's Zelda animated series wasn't that good
>Therefore all animated adaptations are bad
>Therefore the Ace Attorney animé isn't worth watching.

See, if you don't have interest in the Ace Attorney animé, just say so. Nobody is going to hold it against you. You don't need to use weird logic to justify yourself. :p

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Y'know, if you don't have interest in the Ace Attorney animé, just say so. Nobody is going to hold it against you. You don't need to use weird logic to justify yourself. :p

That's not what I meant AT ALL.

but yeah, I'm not too interested in it.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I never played any Ace Attorney game, but Im interested on the anime; should I know anything before watching to undertstand it?
Not really, I'd say it's pretty self-explanatory so far. You'd miss some of the hints to other things in the games here and there, but those are basically meant for fans of the games to spot anyway, and you aren't missing anything important by not getting them.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Speaking about Ace Attorney, I got around to finishing the first game.
Wow, case 4 is annoying.
It's pretty much just Von Karma saying "OBJECTION" to every single thing you say.
Which gets me wondering...
How the hell do Edgeworth and Karma get away with making their witnesses hide key testimonies?
I mean, the Bellboy in case 2 hides the presence of a second person, who could possibly be (and is) the killer, then says Edgeworth told him not to talk about this. And nothing happens to him! Like, wtf? How come they aren't punished for that? Is Japan's court system really this biased for the prosecutors?

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I admit I have never played any of the Ace Attorney games, what have I done with my life.
So there's three kinds of people in this situation.

1. Ace Attorney Fans
2. People who aren't interested in Ace Attorney but don't doubt it's a good franchise, (like me)
And 3. People who just don't care.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
So there's three kinds of people in this situation.

1. Ace Attorney Fans
2. People who aren't interested in Ace Attorney but don't doubt it's a good franchise, (like me)
And 3. People who just don't care.
Idk, it certainly looks interesting, I might buy it someday, there's a collection in the eshop right?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Idk, it certainly looks interesting, I might buy it someday, there's a collection in the eshop right?
Yup, all three of the original games in one package, for $30. There are discounts on the game pretty often, too, so it's worth looking out for those. Either way, it's amazing value for probably about 45-60 hours of play time.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

The Super Mario Bros movie wasn't that good either

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Super Mario Bros movie wasn't that good either
That was fun in its own way. President Koopa, towering Goombas, weird haircut Toad, to name a few.

Speaking about Ace Attorney, I got around to finishing the first game.
Wow, case 4 is annoying.
It's pretty much just Von Karma saying "OBJECTION" to every single thing you say.
Which gets me wondering...
How the hell do Edgeworth and Karma get away with making their witnesses hide key testimonies?
I mean, the Bellboy in case 2 hides the presence of a second person, who could possibly be (and is) the killer, then says Edgeworth told him not to talk about this. And nothing happens to him! Like, wtf? How come they aren't punished for that? Is Japan's court system really this biased for the prosecutors?
I don't know if Japanese prosecutors can get away with hiding that much evidence, but they do have a very high conviction rate; about 98% of suspects are found guilty, apparently.

That's why you play as a defence attorney and most of the suspects in the game are innocent; it's supposed to be a jab at the Japanese legal system.

EDIT: I looked up Wikipedia, and the conviction rate is 99.7%. Damn.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

See, if you don't have interest in the Ace Attorney animé, just say so. Nobody is going to hold it against you. You don't need to use weird logic to justify yourself. :p

I mean it is Cliff. Just saiyan...

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I just finished case 4. Wow, this was great. But damn, this made me realize how many "oh noo, we're helpless, whatever shall we do" *cue either internally screaming due extremely obvious contradiction while having evidence to counter it / deus ex machina* moments there are in Ace Attorney.

And yeah, I'll be blunt, the Mario movie was pretty ****. It was pretty much "baby's first action movie" with Mario characters throw in randomly.

Last edited:

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
The only good thing about the Mario movie was the Goombas that turned into a meme
That and the infamous 'Mario Mario' scene.
It's a real shame that the Mario movie we saw was a horrible script made last minute compared to what could of been. I remember reading that it was suppose to be animated and stick to the original material instead of what we got.

There were a a bunch of scripts made. One was the kid-friendly version, which was the original take. And another was a more serious edgy take that made actors like Bob Hoskins get in on the project. There are more, but those are the two main ones I can think from the top of my head.

EDIT: I know nobody cares, but in case there are any curious individuals out there, here's a link that has all the original scripts of the Mario Bros movie.
http://www.smbmovie.com/SMBArchive/preproduction/script.htm

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
...there's an ace attorney anime?

Welp, time to throw away my entire schedule for the week. Just gonna binge the anime now.
Actually, it is ongoing and only two episodes are out right now. You only need an hour to catch up with everything.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Another thing that annoys me in AA is the adventure game rule.
When more than one evidence appears to match a contradiction but only one will counter the statement.
Case 1-3 for example.
When Dee Vasquez states she ate a t-bone steak at 2:30 for 15 minutes then took a van ride to Studio 1. However, the victim died at 2:30 as well, which means they should have found the dead body in the way. But no, of course that's not it, you have to present a completely unrelated steak plate to show HER plate had no bones in it.
Which leads me to another thing. How the original games punished you for not playing on a single sitting / taking notes. Took a break during an investigation? Better remember what you were doing before! Went to sleep during a trial? Better make sure you remembered everything!
Like case 3-2, where you have to remember a character wasn't in the room at the time an important plot point was revealed. As if that wasn't enough, getting it wrong gives you an instant game over, forcing you to replay the entire trial from the beginning. Also no matter what you pick, the conversation begins the same way for everything, which means even if you got it right, the game will still scare you out of your guts.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
That was fun in its own way. President Koopa, towering Goombas, weird haircut Toad, to name a few.

I don't know if Japanese prosecutors can get away with hiding that much evidence, but they do have a very high conviction rate; about 98% of suspects are found guilty, apparently.

That's why you play as a defence attorney and most of the suspects in the game are innocent; it's supposed to be a jab at the Japanese legal system.

EDIT: I looked up Wikipedia, and the conviction rate is 99.7%. Damn.

So basically is: "Guilty until proven guilty"?

D

Deleted member

So, hey everyone. I found this out on NeoGAF.

Star Fox Zero pays homage to Iwata in the game's credits. It says "This game is dedicated to our wingman who fell in battle." You can check it out here.

It's perfect.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Dark souls 3 doesn't release until 6pm
I just want to play the game already I've waited long enough

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Dark souls 3 doesn't release until 6pm
I just want to play the game already I've waited long enough
I have to wait until midnight tonight to play it, and I'm out of my house basically all day the next days. So I'll basically make my character and that's it until thursday...

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
At least you two can buy it.
250 bucks here for the game fml

Last edited:

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
I have to wait until midnight tonight to play it, and I'm out of my house basically all day the next days. So I'll basically make my character and that's it until thursday...
Ouch.. and I thought having to wait 3 hours after school was bad. (Which I'd just pass by playing Enter the Gungeon anyways)
Why is it not a noon release.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I bought it for 100$

It came with the season pass. But seeing as I have never beaten any Dark Souls/Demon's Souls/Bloodborne that might have been a bad idea. lol

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
It's $60 here for the console versions. Hmm... I guess that's a fair price.

10% preorder discount on steam if you own one of the past games. Was nice but I would've paid full price anyways.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Hey guys, what's up ?
Check out this drawing I did :
Valentine's day.png
What do you guys think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.