• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Isn't Chandelure a pure special attacker in the regular games?

I know that doesn't always mean anything, but I wouldn't expect much in terms of being a physical fighter.
While it's true Chandelure is a full on Special Attacker in the main games, this might not be the same here. He's got some physical attacks, like Foul Play, that could be incorporated in his moveset, which would give Chandelure more diversity on the battle field.

I'm not saying I expect it, not at all. All I'm saying is it's a possibility. Because in my head, the thought of a chandelier just tossing fire at you sounds really boring. That's why having some physical attacks wouldn't be such a bad idea.

-Mercy

Smash Apprentice
While it's true Chandelure is a full on Special Attacker in the main games, this might not be the same here. He's got some physical attacks, like Foul Play, that could be incorporated in his moveset, which would give Chandelure more diversity on the battle field.

I'm not saying I expect it, not at all. All I'm saying is it's a possibility. Because in my head, the thought of a chandelier just tossing fire at you sounds really boring. That's why having some physical attacks wouldn't be such a bad idea.
I imagine him as a Mega Man or even Samus-like character. With most of his attacks being ranged/projectiles but a very small number of physical attacks added in there.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I imagine him as a Mega Man or even Samus-like character. With most of his attacks being ranged/projectiles but a very small number of physical attacks added in there.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. With a little spice of melee, Chandelure would be more lively then he would be without. Of course, these are all assumptions, and it might not actually be the case, but we'll find out at the end of the month.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Ah, but the mind is such a trifle thing is it not? What harm is there in poking around? I put everything back where I found it.

Usually.
I suppose that is true.
It can be interesting to play with the mind.
But the mind is such a fragile thing.
If you push it too much, it could bring great misfortune.
However, I believe that we are quite far from that at this point.
For now, everything is fine.
The mind is stable.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
For some reason I imagine Chandelure spinning like a BeyBlade to attack its opponents

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wow, it's been 3 months since my last update on my :4drmario: sprite project!

Well, I'm happy to announce Round 8 is done!

A TON of changes since:

• Redesigned the Virus Blaster & Capsule Blaster pieces
  • Redesigned the "active" Tetris block and added "inactive" piece from Tetris & Dr. Mario
  • Greatly expanded the pill clear effects and added the big pill version
  • Made a minor fix to the Express playfield tileset
  • Added Player 1 & 2 versions of Virus Buster cursors used in Miracle Cure
  • Added numbers (and "C" for computer) to go with Miracle Cure's Virus Buster cursors
  • Redesigned the Zapper Miracle Cures
  • Added a star "block" (inspired from a mode in the later Puyo Puyo games)
  • Added the "hard nuisance" pill (also inspired from the later Puyo Puyo games)
  • Added the mutilplayer win counters (stars from Dr. Mario & Puzzle as well as 64, crown from original game).
  • Added the boxes for multiplayer win (colors for 64, pink for original game)
I'm SLOWLY getting there but hopefully the next update won't take too long. :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Soooooooo anyone else excited that the new president wants Nintendo to expand to movies and anime this year? There are so many options they can choose from, whether it be using some new material (Metroid, Xenoblade, Splatoon, etc) or even exploring some old ideas (Fire Emblem, Mario, Kid Icarus, etc). I'm actually curious as to where they would begin first with this plan even though they would want to target the most recognizable IP's first.

D

Deleted member

Soooooooo anyone else excited that the new president wants Nintendo to expand to movies and anime this year? There are so many options they can choose from, whether it be using some new material (Metroid, Xenoblade, Splatoon, etc) or even exploring some old ideas (Fire Emblem, Mario, Kid Icarus, etc). I'm actually curious as to where they would begin first with this plan even though they would want to target the most recognizable IP's first.
I've been thinking of the possibilities myself.

Xenoblade (both the original and, from what I've seen and played of it so far, X) lends itself to anime, as do Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Metroid, and Zelda. I can also imagine live action working for Metroid and maybe Zelda.

As for Mario and Donkey Kong, I think Pixar-esque CG animated movies would work best for those two.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
aldelaro5 aldelaro5
I decided to install Kubuntu and try it.

Guess what?
I uninstalled it 30 minutes later.

It may be pretty, but goodness, it slows down Dolphin to a crawl.

Now to test Lubuntu.

:231:

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Oh my Lord, SoCal vs Japan crew battle right now. Ranai is a monster.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
aldelaro5 aldelaro5
I decided to install Kubuntu and try it.

Guess what?
I uninstalled it 30 minutes later.

It may be pretty, but goodness, it slows down Dolphin to a crawl.

Now to test Lubuntu.

I told you, kubuntu sucks (but idk it slowed dolphin, but it does take a lot of cpu which your dolphin badly needs).

lubuntu? google seems to tell me it uses lxde.......I have no idea what it means, but perhaps it;s similar to the very popular xfce?

They both aims to be lightweight, but tbh, idk if it;s TOO lightweight, I dont; want my pc to look bland. Which is why I love cinnamon, it;s a great balance :)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I told you, kubuntu sucks (but idk it slowed dolphin, but it does take a lot of cpu which your dolphin badly needs).

lubuntu? google seems to tell me it uses lxde.......I have no idea what it means, but perhaps it;s similar to the very popular xfce?

They both aims to be lightweight, but tbh, idk if it;s TOO lightweight, I dont; want my pc to look bland. Which is why I love cinnamon, it;s a great balance :)
Lubuntu is apparently even lighter than Xfce, so maybe.

Anyway, yeah, I found myself coming back to Cinnamon too. :)

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
When you 'excel' in a game of a series but suck and get nowhere at the rest.
Looking at you, any game that isn't PCB \(._.)/

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I, uh, haven't played either of those games.
I've only (recently) played EoSD, PCB and SA
That explains it. EoSD and SA are the hardest games in the series, as least to my experience. I haven't been able to beat SA on Easy. :laugh::urg:

Last edited:

Comet Shrine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurinPro
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
That explains it. EoSD and SA are the hardest games in the series, as least to my experience. I haven't been able to beat SA on Easy. :laugh::urg:

I overdo it and always go for Hard, which is probably why I never get anywhere :(

Red-White

Smash Apprentice
I actually started with EoSD. I mean, I questioned whether or not I actually want to be a touhou fan after a while, but eventually I 1cc'd it on normal. It was weird because I beat Remillia with four lives left and the run before that ended on Remillia taking away three lives from me. I attempted the extra stage and now I have a minor grudge against Patchouli. My friend eventually just told me to give up and move on.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Chandelure is kind of an odd choice, but if that line is really popular in Japan, I'm fine with the choice.

But I definitely think that we'll be seeing even more Pokken over the next little while, though; and I really doubt that Chandelure is going to be the last character we see in the game. This is basically the Pokemon version of Smash, but based on Tekken. Any 'Mon that can't get in Smash can potentially get into Pokken, given that it's popular enough.

I'm just hoping we get Tyrantrum in Pokken one of these days if he's not going to get in Smash any time soon.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
In other news, I just downloaded BOXBOY on my 3DS.

It's actually pretty fun! I have wanted to play it for a while now, but I didn't have enough e-Shop money. I'm only on World 2 now, so it's pretty easy so far, but I'm liking it. :001:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
In other news, I just downloaded BOXBOY on my 3DS.

It's actually pretty fun! I have wanted to play it for a while now, but I didn't have enough e-Shop money. I'm only on World 2 now, so it's pretty easy so far, but I'm liking it. :001:
I agree. It's fun and the story is not what you'd expect in a game like that.
Also, a second BOYBOY! game is on the way. It got announced for Japan a couple of days ago.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I suspect he has enough power to just call up Nintendo of Japan and get free amiibos.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I suspect he has enough power to just call up Nintendo of Japan and get free amiibos.
Except they aren't amiibo. They are these figures. Also, it's the youtubers who film the interview who set up the backdrop, so they don't belong to Obama.

So many Clouds in Genesis 3...not enough Mewtwo. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom