• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Perfect! Soon, my Forest Maze level will be finally avaible online!!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!
View attachment 77331
But on those word, i have to go to bed. So have a good time here!
I really want to help you. Also Cyndane as well. :)

But yes i will try the stages tonight.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
It would seem as though I'll have to wait till Christmas to get Mario Maker.

Oh well. As long as I get it by then I'll be happy. :p
It is a very fun game. I think you will get a good Christmas present.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I've always said this, and I'll say it again;

A HIGH LEARNING CURVE IS NOT AN EXCUSE TO MAKE A CHARACTER DISPROPORTIONALLY POWERFUL.

You know why learning curves don't ****ing matter? Because at the level of play where differences between characters start to matter, being frame-perfect 100% of the time is a requirement. Ain't no room for learning curves there.

And if you use that excuse to defend Melee Fox or 4 Sheik, or to bash Project M and its common sense, I will not take you seriously.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My hopes of getting a Wii U are on negative numbers now, maybe on X-Mas, but considering my toy collecting season has almost ended saving money will be easier.

Inb4 Super Sailor Mars S.H. Figuarts gets announced

D

Deleted member

I've always said this, and I'll say it again;

A HIGH LEARNING CURVE IS NOT AN EXCUSE TO MAKE A CHARACTER DISPROPORTIONALLY POWERFUL.

You know why learning curves don't ****ing matter? Because at the level of play where differences between characters start to matter, being frame-perfect 100% of the time is a requirement. Ain't no room for learning curves there.

And if you use that excuse to defend Melee Fox or 4 Sheik, or to bash Project M and its common sense, I will not take you seriously.
So would you rather have a character who is brain-dead easy to play and just as powerful, like pre-nerf Diddy? Say what you want, but I would prefer to have a character that has a high/very high skill-ceiling yet is very powerful when mastered (eg. Kan-Ra in Killer Instinct) rather than a low-risk high-reward character (again, pre-nerf Diddy). There's really no winning in either situation either way, but I'm glad to take the lesser of two evils in this case.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
So would you rather have a character who is brain-dead easy to play and just as powerful, like pre-nerf Diddy? Say what you want, but I would prefer to have a character that has a high/very high skill-ceiling yet is very powerful when mastered (eg. Kan-Ra in Killer Instinct) rather than a low-risk high-reward character (again, pre-nerf Diddy). There's really no winning in either situation either way, but I'm glad to take the lesser of two evils in this case.
Higher-curve characters would still have an advantage if every character was balanced due to their naturally being more uncommon and, therefore, more unorthodox to play against.

If the higher-curve characters are absurdly powerful (which completely removes the point of said curve if you ask me - they become all anyone ever plays and teaches until EVERYONE's a :foxmelee: or :4sheik: master, as is the case - they have so many more resources and knowledge available for learning how to play them than the rest of the roster combined that they might as well be Mario), however, well...

Last edited:

Nargacuga1212

Smash Rookie
NNID
Agnaktor1212
3DS FC
4313-2603-1601
I feel like this forum has now just gotten to completely irrelevant posts.

D

Deleted member

Welcome to Smashboards, and by extension, this social thread. Please check the first page of the thread for the rules and Hylian's informative post at page 1080, as the title says.

You must be referring to the off-topic nature of the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Not sure how many of you noticed, but patch 1.1.2 is now out.

Downloading right now, no info on it on the official site...

D

Deleted member

Not sure how many of you noticed, but patch 1.1.2 is now out.

Downloading right now, no info on it on the official site...
Yeah, I noticed it. I downloaded the current version (in this case, 1.1.2) yesterday, so I'm good.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Welcome to the Social thread. You shouldn't be that surprised about the irrelevant postings in this thread. It happens all the time. With a certain degree of limits, we're crazy every day here. Some of us may deny it, but it's true.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo
It begins.
upload_2015-10-9_20-25-45.png

Current Location: Velvet Room? (apparently. According to Mr. Long Nose Mc... Long... Nose here.)

It's asking me for my name now.
I dunno if I want to use my real name or not.
Screw it, I'll use my real name.
Hope the last name doesn't pop up too often.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How does one crazed individual represent an entire nation of people to you?
It's in the same vein of how people tend to call all feminist crazy because of SJWs, or those people who think all Muslims are terrorists.
It doesn't make any ****ing sense but hey I'm not one to judge. Much

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After having more than 3 years of extreme violence on my city, the last thing I want to talk or read here is about guns :4miif:

Topic change tiem: I haven't updated my Smash Game since 1.1.0, I can skip to 1.1.2 right?

D

Deleted member

Topic change tiem: I haven't updated my Smash Game since 1.1.0, I can skip to 1.1.2 right?
Yes, of course you can. I've been on 1.0.8 and updated to 1.1.1 hours after it launched on 3DS.

But then 1.1.2 came along.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
After having more than 3 years of extreme violence on my city, the last thing I want to talk or read here is about guns :4miif:

I am sure you can skip to version 1.1.2. I think the 3DS finds the latest version of the game.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Got all the weapons in Hyrule Warriors! now time to get to work on MQ! Also,how's everyone's day been. Mine's wonderful!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Sorry Obo, I used my own name.
In this playthrough, I have no idea what I'm doing, so it's sure to be interesting.

Apparently, calling this weirdo teacher a loser got my "courage" to go up.
Not sure what that means, but, sure. Okay.
That teacher is an ass
Courage is a Social Quality and I cant show you the game explaining them because I know you dont want spoilers...

so you will have to find what they do on your own

All I'll say if you may want to keep in mind peoples Social Links as the Social Qualitys Understanding,Knowledge,Courage, Expression, and Diligence play a huge part

Last edited:

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
So would you rather have a character who is brain-dead easy to play and just as powerful, like pre-nerf Diddy?
So what your saying is that we need to choose between a competitively broken character or a competitively broken character with a higher skill ceiling? Why not just have neither and have a game that's actually balanced well?

In a perfectly balenced game everyone gets a tool set that gives equal reward for equal effort and no one has potential to reap greater reward than anyone else. This is impossible to fully achieve in a real game environment but keeping shiek in the same position relative to the rest of the cast that she's at now is certainly not a step in the right direction. (I would much rather see all charters elevated to the power and depth of shiek than have shiek be nerfed tho)

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
The thread is unusually quiet at this time right now. How is everyone? I am going to bed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom