• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It sounds like the DD version is somewhat slower compared to the original. That's what I'm currently getting.
B-But Flight you can't say that!
It's an add-on! It has to be an improvement! I'm sure it was just left unpolished, that's all. :4dk:

My friend back in early Melee days hated her guts because he thinks she is a horrible role model for girls and feminists.
I would say irony because of the increasing girliness Peach has gotten (butt explosions to butt hearts), but you expect for something to not go your friend's way and so it's not really irony.

Sorry, what were we talking about? :4pacman:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I'll miss ya Kawaii Gordon

I did a similar thing with Zelda; my friends hated the Lighting Kicks, so I started maining her just to connect like 5 kicks on them per match.
Wait... What happened to Gordon?

Soul.

I think he can stand alone just fine without a secondary.

Though it depends, what are the issues you got?
Its MUs with other characters are fine. Nothing really bad.
My issue is that sometimes, I just feel like playing someone else that isn't Pika, despite being my main since early 3DS ._.
Not gonna drop it though. I've been messing around with Falcon, Marth and Sheik in the lab to name a few

MainJPW

M.T.A
Yeah, like why they made everything so shiny and why it's a bad ga-

OH NO! I'VE REVEALED MY IDENTITY!
Lmao you mean DX right? Being serious the development of the game is pretty interesting. Did you know that the development team traveled to South America for inspiration? And I actually have some screenshots of the games early development which sports more dynamic lighting than the final if anyone's interested.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I love this theme to death:
The strength of one's resolve, the vigor of one's will, the emotion that comes with someone's unshakable answer....
That is what this theme embodies. (In other words, it's a kick*** theme from a kick*** VN called Umineko)
Also, listening to this made me remember my favorite manga series as a child (and still one of my favorite mangas to this day):
image.jpg

D

Deleted member

The competitive thread demands you to find a secondary to cover bad MUs.
I don't know which character clicks with me alongside :4pikachu:
I'm gonna have to play through the entire roster to find a secondary for Shulk. Problem is most characters I like using are also in the meh tier with him. (:4miisword::4feroy::4lucas::4gaw::4bowserjr:)

D

Deleted member

Yes, you need one.
I highly recommend :4dedede: as a secondary because you get the insane benefit of twice the clobbering! :4wario2:
Gee, you sure like quoting me. lol
I'll just stick to Dedede without a secondary I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Want to know the real reason I picked up her at all?

My friend back in early Melee days hated her guts because he thinks she is a horrible role model for girls and feminists.

So in melee and Brawl days I used her with the tag "trol" or "troll" when I could just to screw with him.

I ended up getting really good with her and liking her.

Welp.
My brother kind of picked her up for the same reasons hahaha.
His friends would get super salty of him beating them up with a girl
I know, people are silly.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Its MUs with other characters are fine. Nothing really bad.
My issue is that sometimes, I just feel like playing someone else that isn't Pika, despite being my main since early 3DS ._.
Not gonna drop it though. I've been messing around with Falcon, Marth and Sheik in the lab to name a few
Hmmm, ok I would experiment when you think shifting is better and or feels better for you.

But seems you are on the right track so all is good.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Gee, you sure like quoting me. lol
Not really, I just respond to what I can relate to, and right now you have the most posts that I can reply to easily.
I'll just stick to Dedede without a secondary I guess.
It's just preference, dude. Whatever you think gives you a higher chance of victory is what you stick with.
For example, I find myself successful in matches, yet I main the characters with the ****tiest recoveries!

MainJPW

M.T.A
HOLY ****! LMAO!! I JUST CHECKED THE FRONT PAGE OF SONIC RETRO AND NEW DREAMCAST PROTOS WERE JUST FOUND!

What a coincidence!

LETS GOO!!!:4sonic::4sonic::4sonic:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
HOLY ****! LMAO!! I JUST CHECKED THE FRONT PAGE OF SONIC RETRO AND NEW DREAMCAST PROTOS WERE JUST FOUND!

What a coincidence!

LETS GOO!!!:4sonic::4sonic::4sonic:
But I'm Nintendo > SEGA :4pacman: What do?

D

Deleted member

It's just preference, dude. Whatever you think gives you a higher chance of victory is what you stick with.
For example, I find myself successful in matches, yet I main the characters with the ****tiest recoveries!
I used to main Dr. Mario back when the 3DS game came out.. I prefer his Melee incarnation to be honest. But then again, his 3DS/Wii U incarnation is what he's supposed to be in Melee apparently.

I started to main Dedede after playing him in Classic Mode 9.0. I ain't that good though.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I prefer manga because I can finish things at a faster pace
YO I DID NOT MEAN TO KIRBYCIDE THAT LAST STOCK FML

AeroKitsune

Smash Cadet
Lmao you mean DX right? Being serious the development of the game is pretty interesting. Did you know that the development team traveled to South America for inspiration? And I actually have some screenshots of the games early development which sports more dynamic lighting than the final if anyone's interested.

Inspiration always leads to amazing level designs and scenery too, though the dreamcast didn't last and was ported to other systems later on, I still play it once in a while.

Soul.

I'm gonna have to play through the entire roster to find a secondary for Shulk. Problem is most characters I like using are also in the meh tier with him. (:4miisword::4feroy::4lucas::4gaw::4bowserjr:)
Swordfighter isn't **** anymore; he's legit. Just not top tier. Chakram infinite is gimmicky but still possible to do in a match, but eh.
The rest... yeah they're meh.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562

Inspiration always leads to amazing level designs and scenery too, though the dreamcast didn't last and was ported to other systems later on, I still play it once in a while.
I am a proud owner of a Dreamcast... :crying:

Why did that system fail so hard?

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
The only reason I read manga at first was to have 20 years of Jojo spoilers and read parts 4-7 + reading 8 as it comes out.
Now I just prefer the format and I can read some of it in Japanese with reference.
I really like having the physical copies too, but I can't get them all the time.

EDIT: Also One Punch Man is amazing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You can always blame the PowerfulStationThatSoldALot2 for that.
Lack of DVD functionality amongst other things I guess.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
You can always blame the PowerfulStationThatSoldALot2 for that.
Lack of DVD functionality amongst other things I guess.
PS2 op pls nerf

My favorite Dreamcast game is Crazy Taxi.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I guess some things just don't go your way even if you try your best.
I mean, they already tried hypnotizing us to buy multiple Dreamcasts with Semen Seaman. :4pacman:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I pretend I main Luigi in 4.
In reality I just miss my soap sliding across the stage so I play Ness to avoid seeing Luigi without it.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I guess some things just don't go your way even if you try your best.
I mean, they already tried hypnotizing us to buy multiple Dreamcasts with Semen Seaman. :4pacman:
I wish that game was released in Europe... Europe is never treated very well when it comes to gaming... Megaman X4 was re-released on PSN but never came to PSN europe store.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm trying to find my old :4bowser: vs :4ganondorf: project, and apparently back in 2.0 I even predicted the winner.
D-Don't look it up please, I'll find it soon. :4pacman:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The Beowulf movie was released in 2007... and I just realized that it is animated :facepalm:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029

Dreamcast failed because:

A: PS2 was a cheaper system w/ a DVD player built-in during a time-frame where DVD players were rather expensive

B: Pirating games on the thing was piss-easy

Also, I was playing Sonic Shuffle the other day; my group and I had fun after we persuaded the Dreamcast to work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom