• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Some predictions for Pokkén:

1. Watch Greninja, Mewtwo, Bulba/Ivy/Venusaur, Squirt/War/Blastoise and Jiggly/Wigglypuff from Smash not make it in
  2. Watch 2/3 of the final roster be Gen 1
  3. Watch Charmander, Rioulu and Pichu *shudders* be their own characters
  4. Watch Hitmonlee get in over Hitmonchan (I like Hitmonchan, OK?)
  5. Watch the gameplay be so dumbed down and luck based for kids as well as the roster be so highly unbalanced that competitive play is simply not viable
  6. Watch there be microtransactions
  7. Watch it be ported to IOS
Sorry if I sound ludicrously pessimistic, but that's been my general attitude towards the game since it was announced. Even I'm not quite sure why, but it's probably due to GameFreak's recent antics and me generally losing interest in Pokémon after the soulless Pokémon X&Y. The Wrestler Pikachu being a thing almost confirmed my suspicions.

I dunno, maybe the final product end up blowing my expectations out of the water.

Don't the console releases for Tekken games have much more than the arcade versions? We should use those to speculate.

Last edited:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Honestly, I really enjoy the roster and I have nothing against dumbed down fighting games (obviously). The vast majority of the characters from the game are in my Top 25 Pokemon. All but Machamp, Blaziken, Lucario, and Pikachu (Albeit, those characters minus Pikachu are in my sister's Top 25). However, Nacho Libre Pikachu is a better choice than Hawlucha, so I accept it. And Hitmonlee is one of the characters that I want, so, yeah. I am living the high life.
I probably sound stupid for asking this, but are you being sarcastic? It's hard to tell through writing. Aren't Gengar and Gardevoir the only Pokémon in the game you didn't mention as being disliked? And what's wrong with Hawlucha?! And I hope you're not referring to Smash as a "dumbed-down fighting game"! I mean, you even liked my post so I'm presumining-

-wait, you're that guy, aren't you?

Nevermind, lol :p

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Some predictions for Pokkén:

1. Watch Greninja, Mewtwo, Bulba/Ivy/Venusaur, Squirt/War/Blastoise and Jiggly/Wigglypuff from Smash not make it in
  2. Watch 2/3 of the final roster be Gen 1
  3. Watch Charmander, Rioulu and Pichu *shudders* be their own characters
  4. Watch Hitmonlee get in over Hitmonchan (I like Hitmonchan, OK?)
  5. Watch the gameplay be so dumbed down and luck based for kids as well as the roster be so highly unbalanced that competitive play is simply not viable
  6. Watch there be microtransactions
  7. Watch it be ported to IOS
Sorry if I sound ludicrously pessimistic, but that's been my general attitude towards the game since it was announced. Even I'm not quite sure why, but it's probably due to GameFreak's recent antics and me generally losing interest in Pokémon after the soulless Pokémon X&Y. The Wrestler Pikachu being a thing almost confirmed my suspicions.

I dunno, maybe the final product end up blowing my expectations out of the water.
All this says is
"Watch me grasp at straws"

Morbi

Scavenger
I probably sound stupid for asking this, but are you being sarcastic? It's hard to tell through writing. Aren't Gengar and Gardevoir the only Pokémon in the game you didn't mention as being disliked? And what's wrong with Hawlucha?! And I hope you're not referring to Smash as a "dumbed-down fighting game"! I mean, you rven liked my post so I'm presumining-

-wait, you're that guy, aren't you?

Nevermind, lol :p
I also enjoy Suicune, Charizard, and Weavile. Libre Pikachu is technically a Pikachu, but I REALLY enjoy the addition. It is such a good idea. Not only that, but I forgot to mention that I hate Ash's Pikachu and sort of the Pikachu from Smash. But this Pikachu on the other hand, is a badass! He is so expressive and not indicative of Pikachu's over-saturated personality. My sister also enjoys the other half of the roster, so I am happy for her.

Hawlucha has a serious case of something regarding feet and camels.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I've been busy; I'll try to finish it tomorrow
Oh don't worry. Take your time. I will wait.....wait....waAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Mao644.exe have stopped to work, please reboot the system."

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I also enjoy Suicune, Charizard, and Weavile. Libre Pikachu is technically a Pikachu, but I REALLY enjoy the addition. It is such a good idea. Not only that, but I forgot to mention that I hate Ash's Pikachu and sort of the Pikachu from Smash. But this Pikachu on the other hand, is a badass! He is so expressive and not indicative of Pikachu's over-saturated personality. My sister also enjoys the other half of the roster, so I am happy for her.

Hawlucha has a serious case of something regarding feet and camels.
Ah, forgot about those three, haven't been following the game that well.

And after looking at official artwork, I think I know what you mean by that last statement. Though it is a result of a bad angle and probably wouldn't really look that way in 3D or Pokken's art style.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I switched to the Edge zone. :troll:

So my dad does not feel any emotion to my Mum anymore because of what she said...

So I suppose my Dad does not care anymore...

I feel really bad for my Mum... Why does this have to happen to me? :(

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't see anything wrong with Pikachu Libre's addition to Pokkén, but then again, in games where character rosters are the bread and butter, there are always complaints because it's impossible to satisfy everyone.

It's like going to a buffet and complaining about the one dish you don't like even though there are plenty of other dishes there that you may like. And the analogy works for me too: I'm not picky. >:)

And I do sound like Sakurai with these food analogies, don't I? :p

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
So is Pikachu Libre the :4drmario: of Pokkén?
Except "Macho" (the term makes very little sense since apparently that Pikachu is female) has a completely different moveset from the original Pikachu, which likely used up a lot of development time, as well as has a moveset that would fit much better on another character.

That would be like if Luigi was cut in Melee and they gave his moveset to Dr Mario. There is simply no comparison to Smash clones.

Not to mention there are about 700 Pokémon and 360 different families, so having two from one family wouldn't really be fair and doesn't make a lot of logical sense.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My Facebook is filling with Pikachu Libre jokes about Tacos lmao

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
How is Pikachu Libre different from vanilla Pikachu, anyway?

And why is it named Pikachu Libre? :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
How is Pikachu Libre different from vanilla Pikachu, anyway?

And why is it named Pikachu Libre? :p
Two words: Lucha Libre.

Thats the thing there really isn't anything wrong with it
It's like creators aren't allowed to do a few things their own way without legions of fanboys whining about.

Oh well, obsessive fans will be obsessive fans. What can I do to change humanity's everlasting stupidity?

Soul.

Pikachu Libre is just Pikachu in a lucha libre archetype. It might do the typical stuff from that while still retaining the speed of Pikachu.
Vanilla Pikachu wouldn't be able to do that for obvious reasons.

Summoning Assist Pokémon isn't safe btw, you can get in and punish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom