• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

I realized I had nothing more to learn from them and I had nothing more to contribute, so I left.
Also, that's pretty dangerous logic. If you simply don't care about thinking, you'll end up with many, many regrets. Even if you don't ask for them or try to ignore them, they'll still be there.
Just fyi. :4link:
What I'm saying is, I don't need to think about the silliest of replies. I don't work like that.
Everyone has regrets over something.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna catch some more trade material- I mean legendaries.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hey guys! I have a question.

You have 2 identical vases, their fragility impossible to determine. You are next to a 100-floor building, and you want to find out at exactly which floor the vases will break at. You don't know what floor that might be - it could be floor 1, or floor 100 or anything in between!

If you drop a vase on any given floor and it doesn't break, you can throw it again. Obviously if it breaks then you're not going to be able to put it together and try again. :p

So, what is the most efficient way to find out what floor the vases break at guaranteed - or in other words, the least amount of throws you need to make to guarantee you know what floor it is even if it's the very last floor you test.

(I just love riddles you see <3 )

Dat pecking order! ;)

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
What I'm saying is, I don't need to think about the silliest of replies. I don't work like that.
Everyone has regrets over something.
Heheh....

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333

You have 2 identical vases, their fragility impossible to determine. You are next to a 100-floor building, and you want to find out at exactly which floor the vases will break at. You don't know what floor that might be - it could be floor 1, or floor 100 or anything in between!

If you drop a vase on any given floor and it doesn't break, you can throw it again. Obviously if it breaks then you're not going to be able to put it together and try again. :p

So, what is the most efficient way to find out what floor the vases break at guaranteed - or in other words, the least amount of throws you need to make to guarantee you know what floor it is even if it's the very last floor you test.

Start from the very beginning: the first floor.
That's the obvious answer, isn't it?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Start from the very beginning: the first floor.
That's the obvious answer, isn't it?
Well, no, because, what if it's not the first floor?

The trick is to find how many throws you have to make in a worst-case scenario. It's the system you use that matters :3

Also riddler is one of my favourite Batman enemies, usually because Batman actually has to figure them out instead of dodge them like some silly god-mode sue hero. ;)

Last edited:

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious

Dat pecking order! ;)
throw one vase off of every other floor starting with 2 then when it breaks go down one floor and throw the other one off to see if it breaks.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
throw one vase off of every other floor starting with 2 then when it breaks go down one floor and throw the other one off to see if it breaks.
Great start!

So if you do it that way, the worst possible case scenario is you get up to floor 100 and then go back to 99 where it breaks. In a worst case scenario, this system would make it a potential 50 throws.

You can get more efficient. :D

D

Deleted member

Ermygerd Gen 4 Legendary theme! Major points Alpha Sapphire.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Great start!

So if you do it that way, the worst possible case scenario is you get up to floor 100 and then go back to 99 where it breaks. In a worst case scenario, this system would make it a potential 50 throws.

You can get more efficient. :D
I would throw one vase per floor starting on the second floor and work my way up using the even numbered floors (2,4,6,8). If the vase breaks on any of those floors, I go down one floor and see if it breaks on that one.

Last edited:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Why am I just noticing that this is an entirely new thread???

Jatayu

Regal Eagle
3DS FC
4227-4062-5258

Dat pecking order! ;)
Drop the vases from increments of 10. So 10th floor, 20th floor, etc. Then when the vase break, go to the previous floor you threw the vase and then drop it from increments of 1. So vase one breaks on floor 30. Then the next throws will be from floors 21, 22, 23, and so on.

Using that system, it should take 19 throws max to determine it's fragility.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Poke Ball confirmed for more effective than Dusk Ball. I got 1 shake with a Poke Ball but no shakes with 2 Dusk Balls.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I seriously expected you guys to go double digits by now. :denzel: You can only expect the unexpected of the unexpected.
So anything kewl going on? :4dk:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
And so my dream of posting on the first page of a new Social Thread still hasn't been realized. Well, looks like I'll be here until 7.0 at least.
Basically this. I turn my back for a moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom