• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
4 o' clock in the morning and I'm still awake.
Might as well make chocolate pudding.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
We must train hard! Sharpen our pencils! Perform wrist exercises! And draw under waterfalls! But then the paper will get wet...
And then we will wander the world searching for greater artists!
WE HAVE TO BELIEVE! UNTIL THE FINAL DAY! AND WE WILL DO IT! WE WILL MAKE OUR DREAM COME TRUE!
Shia-Labeouf-motivation-just-do-it.gif

Jatayu

Regal Eagle
3DS FC
4227-4062-5258
4 o' clock in the morning and I'm still awake.
Might as well make chocolate pudding.
I got to 6 AM. Couldn't handle it any more and fell asleep. Next thing I knew it was 4 PM :D The curse of the social thread. And really the Internet. Chocolate pudding is a good choice though.

WE HAVE TO BELIEVE! UNTIL THE FINAL DAY! AND WE WILL DO IT! WE WILL MAKE OUR DREAM COME TRUE!
View attachment 68255
YEAH! DREAMS DO COME TRUE! FINAL DA- Final day?

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I got to 6 AM. Couldn't handle it any more and fell asleep. Next thing I knew it was 4 PM :D The curse of the social thread. And really the Internet.Chocolate pudding is a good choice though.

YEAH! DREAMS DO COME TRUE! FINAL DA- Final day?

Uh not this final day. I mean more like the day we finally did it or something like that. Anyway, i'm demanding if i should draw or play some video games.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nah, I think I'll just read or think of something to draw. Maybe I'll check the social every now and then, but until then, so long.
Well i hope you will have fun, so long Bowser Jatayu! (Also you need 1 more post for have 100 post.)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I moved to firefox becasue chrome was like NOPE I WILL QUIT SO MUCH I AM SO PISSED......and it jsut logged me out and even crashed my dispaly driver......

Other stuff, I actually learned that intel just released their 6th gen cpu of the i5 or i7.....

And it's really weird because it is an 1151 socket, 4th and 5th gen are 1150....

WHY THEY ADDED THAT FREAKING PIN?????

Seriously it;s incompatible litterally because of one pin......

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I die alot of time on the boss considered the most easy in the first and second MMZ. But i have finally beat it! Pfiouuu, it was hard.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, I moved to firefox becasue chrome was like NOPE I WILL QUIT SO MUCH I AM SO PISSED......and it jsut logged me out and even crashed my dispaly driver......

Other stuff, I actually learned that intel just released their 6th gen cpu of the i5 or i7.....

And it's really weird because it is an 1151 socket, 4th and 5th gen are 1150....

That's unfortunate.
I'm not seriously into PC gaming, I hardly ever upgrade my PC.

Do you use Windows or Linux now?

:231:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
That's unfortunate.
I'm not seriously into PC gaming, I hardly ever upgrade my PC.

Do you use Windows or Linux now?

:231:
I made this decision a year ago but I am not coming back to Windows.

I can boot a windows 10 vm which has its own 125gb.....but only in need.

Like I went through honestly months of switch back and forth to linux mint and windows a lot only to stay on linux longer......than just decide that I don;t like windows.....and jsut shrinking its partition.

From that time, I am not coming back to windows. There is just so much reasons for me to use linux that I am staying it this way until ms completely changes their philosophy which I will be honest, I don't expect it to happen.

just don;t expect me to use windows mainly. That has been decided a long time ago and is so unlikely to change.

So, just always assume I am using linux :)

Zelduh!

Smash Cadet
Good afternoon, It's quiet around here, .......too quiet

EDIT: spelt quiet wrong, still so tired

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well i'm going to do All-Star mode with one more character and then i will stop for now.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, after digesting the huge improvement on booting with an SSD, I realised this can be even bigger.

idk why Windows doesn't have this feature (seriously, mac and linux has it since forever....) but you can choose to have the programs open where you left the last time you logged in and in the case of linux you can do litterally everything you want at startup.

The problem with an HDD is that starting some programs at startup is just so laggy it;s not even useful. Not onlu your hdd is busy tryuign to freaking start but it has to start evything you want.....it;s jsut slow laggy and jsut increase your startup by a lot.

The SSD jsut doesn;t care. You won't even have to wait enough to feel it;as laggy.

So what I want to do is I would try to startup chrome, skype and hecxchat (irc client) at startup because I start these programs everytime I boot up.

I will try this and reboot (I don;t even care of rebooting guys, booting takes litterally 30 seconds and the only thing that is slowing it down is me not tapping my password fast enough.....lol).

so brb after I try this :)

T

Trick or Treat

I slept without clothes on last night because it was TOO HOT! I started to get chilly but only because I had the fan blasting me. I fell asleep and still woke up hot >.>

I don't understand it.
inb4 woken up due to coldness.
Didn't wake up once!

For the reasons above.
i... i totally didnt have light tears last time i listened to that,,. n-nope,,,

lol, goodnight then, incase you pass out
I very much did pass out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I slept without clothes on last night because it was TOO HOT! I started to get chilly but only because I had the fan blasting me. I fell asleep and still woke up hot >.>

I don't understand it.

Didn't wake up once!

For the reasons above.

I very much did pass out.
Good whatever to you Erika! :)

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562

Firefox is terrible. It kept lagging when i once used it.

Good morning! :kirby:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
wow.....

I just did it and....

guys, ssd are gods of the overthere or soemthing.

I setup automatic login, removed the delay on the update manager startup (they actually did that to not hang up hard drive by default) and put firefox, skype and hezxchat as startup.

Let me describe you how insane it is.

I selected to boot to linux mint and as sso as I did that, it started like usual in seconds.

Then I was greetied by not loging in becasue automatic login and here's what happened. when my desktop manager starts, I hear an sfx. Same for skype, it;s the same ont he widnows version, but I heard the skype sfx BEFORE the desktop manager sfx was heard, a second later, it was heard. i then only saw my wallpapaper for a split second because I realised quickly that firefox and hexchat was already opened and ready to do stuff on them,. ABSOLUTELY NO LAG!!!!

This is just unbelievable guys. Look, it might look not much to you, but just imagine how much use it is in practice.

You could shut down the pc every night, and you could be in college semester period so you wake up earlier than in the summer. so you are a bit tired and you press power on the pc, and 30 seconds later you are greeted with a fully booted pc with everythign to do right away.

To me (and I really don;t like cofee, but you would get the idea), it is like the difference between waking up and realising that you didn;t setup the cofee maker properly so you have to waste time to set it up and having it ready right away as you wake up. it's not only pleasent, it's just you not even caring of even be mad of booting the pc and wait.

Even Windows woudl benefit because windows 10 already improved booting up, if you do 5 drivers installation in which you just reboot everytime, you won't even care and do it because you know that the time it takes to click restart and having your desktop ready is so little that you won;t even have time to realise it is a wait.

What about diagnoses? it did happened that I had to reboot several time becasue I was trying to fix an issue on starting up (one of them was an audio recording issue), Before, i would desperatly try to find any way to NOT restart becasue it pissed me off so much to do it. Now, i wouldn't bother, it;s easy the reset button is very close to my hands anyway......

So, do i still bother of windows taking a slight giggle to require a reboot now? I still do because it is poor design tbh, but I will say this, at least I wouldn't be pissed. I would at least just do it and just not be that worried of interupting my stuff. And let's be honest, SSD are still expensive so a lot of people would still have that issue to deal with. The main thign with windows is you really don;t need and shouldn;t defragment an ssd. To me, this kinda means that over time, a windows install would not be that neccessary to reinstall after months as much as an hdd would.

I still don;t like windows for its philosophy anyway, but at least I wouldn;t be pissed to experience it. Also do remember that this is assuming that I would put my vm on the SSD......frankly, i could, but I want to put it on my 7200 rpm hdd becasue I have more than a tb of storage for sake, i can change if I want to.

So in conclusion, getting an ssd big enough to hold OS and basic programs is just night and day, You pay less with you being worried of rebooting or you pay more and you will never be concerned about it. You will also never be concerned of starting programs that normally takes a lot of time becasue your pc is clutered or soemthing since it woudn;t matter anyway. it becomes to a point when you would wonder why splash screens even exists because you wouldn;t have time to see them. So, you don;t always need an ssd as boot drive if you are ok with this speed, but if you are like me and think that a pc should not waste your time when you need it, you will likely think that the ssd is jsut better with a couple of hdd for more capacity.

T

Trick or Treat

How you going? Me, i have play Mega Man Zero and Smash Bros Wii U!

Good morning!
That's cool! I am doing good. I strangely woke up very refreshed, after sleeping naked in this heat. I strongly urge everyone to try it at least one time in their life!

I woke up feeling better than I have all week!

Anyway I have work later on, but today I think I'm going to bake cookies. Now I'm just listening to Umineko music as always.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That's cool! I am doing good. I strangely woke up vert refreshed, after sleeping naked in this heat. I strongly urge everyone to try it at least one time in their life!

I woke up feeling better than I have all week!

Anyway I have work later on, but today I think I'm going to bake cookies. Now I'm just listening to Umineko music as always.
Good for you so! ( I think...) I hope you're day will be good too!:4jigglypuff:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Good morning world. :starman:

I don't understand it.
I know that feel. I hate it when the AC breaks for this reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom