• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is a long shot, but can anyone identify this bird? Sorry for the poor quality (awkward angle+laptop quality), but the little guy's hurt and we're trying to find out what he is so we can bring him to someone to help it.
Bird.jpg

He's currently clinging to our neighbor's garden fence thing.

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
This is a long shot, but can anyone identify this bird? Sorry for the poor quality (awkward angle+laptop quality), but the little guy's hurt and we're trying to find out what he is so we can bring him to someone to help it.
View attachment 68131

shoot ive seen one of those but i forgot the name.
lemme think lemme think

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
View attachment 68131

I have never seen a bird like that in my life... hmm... There might be a vet that can help birds. It might be good to search for thoses types of vets.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
@ Ryu_Ken Ryu_Ken
I finally beat Umineko's EP1.
Umineko does focus more on the mystery, and less on scaring you. Hm. Higurashi's EP1 had far, far more scary moments. :laugh:

:231:
I can imagine. EP2 is pretty intense at the end. Just warning ya. :p

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
View attachment 68131

man the only thing i could find that looked similiar was this hen thing which i doubt it was...
maybe just try taking him to a vet or something? i dont think they'd have a problem. how's it hurt?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, my search got me "Polka Dotted Woodpecker."

Or Northern Flicker.

Let's hope the vet gets here in time...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm no longer premium. Now I have to fix my signature accordingly. Good...

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Okay, good. I was just saying this because I just remembered the fact that I did try out Project M years ago. So yeah.
I prefer Melee over Project M just because Ganon doesn't look like an old man. Oh, and also his voice is better in Melee.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After a total of 14 hours of updating, cleaning and defragging to get back +65GB of space the time has arrived

IT
BEGINS

D

Deleted member

How does that work? Do I have to press 'Cancel my subscription' to become a regular member again?
I believe so. I bought a 1 month membership and then canceled the recurring payment so I'd only be premium for a month.

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
The moment when you run out or premium or membership...

Continue?
GAME OVER.
That scared the **** out of me when I first played Melee Classic mode. Oh yeah, that's another thing that Melee has over PM. The announcer. Not to say that Pat Cashman was bad or anything in Brawl, but Melee's announcer was just hilarious.

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
There's always hope!It's tough love. I love him. <3
brb making tea
It matters to me D: D: D:l m a o

>not having a positive like : post ratio

get on my level scrub
It took over you 6 years to get 3,000 posts. Git gud. ;)

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
So Nintendo just fired Chris Pragner for his unauthorized appearance on a podcast where he made some remarks on their localization process, specifically about Xenoblade Chronicles not having a big enough market to justify its localization, or StarFox Zero being voiced by Treehouse employees to save money. What the **** Nintendo? Sure, he made a couple of remarks he maybe shouldn't have, but to completely take away his livelihood because of it? Look at what he said in his Facebook post:
"Hello friends and family. As many of you have probably seen, I am no longer at Nintendo. I was terminated this week due to a podcast appearance I made last Monday. It was a stupid judgment call on my part and ultimately it cost me far more than I could have imagined.

I've lost the only job I really knew or ever intended to know. Since leaving high school, I've had a singular goal in terms of a career. It got me through college and pushed me through the difficult time immediately after college where I learned just how crippling it was to have an English degree in the job market. I applied for 6 years straight for my job. Even before that, I'd made my entire identity around my hope to one day have this perfect job. I was mocked here and there as "Nintendo Boy" from maybe middle school on, but I thought that if I succeeded, it'd all be worth it.

And now it's gone and I honestly don't know how to handle myself. A central part of my personality revolves around Nintendo. Anything that I've decorated with around my house has a very clear Nintendo theme. My shirts and jackets overwhelmingly show that as well. Being able to finally feel at home at a job is a feeling I can't easily quantify. I was the guy who'd see a hastily-discarded paper towel in the men's room and pick it up, saying to myself, "This is my home, and I will keep it clean."

If we're being honest, I'm scared. Very scared. I haven't been without a job for over 4 years, and even then it was during the weird "just exiting college" part of life that everyone goes through. And back then, I was still down in Oregon near family. Living in Washington has struggled to feel normal, but I was grounded in my job. It was where I happily spent my time and saw all of my friends. With that unstuck, Washington suddenly feels alien and empty all over again.

I look around my house and see images of my son and feel such intense shame and crippling sadness. How do I share this part of my life with him? How do I cope knowing that I've failed him? Even before this I'd been struggling to want to provide better for him and my wife, knowing that due to my student loans, I wouldn't be entirely debt-free until I turned 40. That's not a hyperbole either. I'm just now barely under $100,000 in student debt and my last payment is scheduled for the same year that I turn 40. "That student debt is intimidating, but it's worth it for the end result." I've undone my end result.

I spent the last week in a miserable place once the podcast began getting coverage. I was instantly scared when a coworker poked me and said, "Hey, you're on GoNintendo." Suddenly article after article began appearing in game sites of all languages. Comments sections painted me as an idiot and the like. My Twitter started giving me hourly reminders from people meaning well and otherwise. It seemed unthinkable that I'd be let go for a single moment of poor judgment and my own misunderstandings, but here we are.

Obviously, as I'm writing this at 4 am, I don't think I have a clear goal. All I can think of is that there's so much I've put at risk. I know that if I can't find a job at least as good as this one, I won't be able to provide for my family. I've lost them their health coverage and their security. I also know that I've probably lost a good deal of my friends, just because I know how hard it can be to stay in touch with someone when the convenience of proximity is lost.

I'm so sorry to everyone. I've failed you. You believed in me and supported me and trusted me and I've failed you. I've failed me."
What is wrong with you Nintendo? You made this man lose everything. Now, he is probably depressed and hopeless. Have some humanity you idiots. He made a mistake, you should have forgiven him and gave him another chance. Now, your image will be even more negative because you just show how inhumane you are.

Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Me: "Mommy, could you please not turn on the microwave or any other thing that causes voltage changes in the next.... umm... 4 hours?"

Mom: "You're really scared for your computer, right?"

Me: "......Yes"

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
Just gonna to this thing once. Anywway, when think of my username "Swampertrulz" do you think,

A. My history of infractions

B. The ****posting that i've done

C. My unfunny jokes

D. All of the above

You decide, folks.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Turns out Ryu + Peach's Castle 64 + Hyrule Castle 64 = $14.08
I got just enough to get it all!
Now all I need to do is wait for Mom to get the cash in her credit card sometime next week, and I'll be Shoryuken'ing like a pro! :4pacman:
I always wanted a Street Fighter Character that's another semi-clone of Ryu to be named "Sho"
So we can make all the Sho-Ryu-Ken jokes :drshrug:

MainJPW

M.T.A
I prefer Melee over Project M just because Ganon doesn't look like an old man. Oh, and also his voice is better in Melee.
I prefer Melee over PM as well. I just enjoy it a lot more.
I'll speak in favor of PM because we need a balance here. I like PM over Melee because of the extra content like alternative costumes and this:
image.jpg

Bowser finally gets a well-deserved stage.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So Nintendo just fired Chris Pragner for his unauthorized appearance on a podcast where he made some remarks on their localization process, specifically about Xenoblade Chronicles not having a big enough market to justify its localization, or StarFox Zero being voiced by Treehouse employees to save money. What the **** Nintendo? Sure, he made a couple of remarks he maybe shouldn't have, but to completely take away his livelihood because of it? Look at what he said in his Facebook post:
"Hello friends and family. As many of you have probably seen, I am no longer at Nintendo. I was terminated this week due to a podcast appearance I made last Monday. It was a stupid judgment call on my part and ultimately it cost me far more than I could have imagined.

I've lost the only job I really knew or ever intended to know. Since leaving high school, I've had a singular goal in terms of a career. It got me through college and pushed me through the difficult time immediately after college where I learned just how crippling it was to have an English degree in the job market. I applied for 6 years straight for my job. Even before that, I'd made my entire identity around my hope to one day have this perfect job. I was mocked here and there as "Nintendo Boy" from maybe middle school on, but I thought that if I succeeded, it'd all be worth it.

And now it's gone and I honestly don't know how to handle myself. A central part of my personality revolves around Nintendo. Anything that I've decorated with around my house has a very clear Nintendo theme. My shirts and jackets overwhelmingly show that as well. Being able to finally feel at home at a job is a feeling I can't easily quantify. I was the guy who'd see a hastily-discarded paper towel in the men's room and pick it up, saying to myself, "This is my home, and I will keep it clean."

If we're being honest, I'm scared. Very scared. I haven't been without a job for over 4 years, and even then it was during the weird "just exiting college" part of life that everyone goes through. And back then, I was still down in Oregon near family. Living in Washington has struggled to feel normal, but I was grounded in my job. It was where I happily spent my time and saw all of my friends. With that unstuck, Washington suddenly feels alien and empty all over again.

I look around my house and see images of my son and feel such intense shame and crippling sadness. How do I share this part of my life with him? How do I cope knowing that I've failed him? Even before this I'd been struggling to want to provide better for him and my wife, knowing that due to my student loans, I wouldn't be entirely debt-free until I turned 40. That's not a hyperbole either. I'm just now barely under $100,000 in student debt and my last payment is scheduled for the same year that I turn 40. "That student debt is intimidating, but it's worth it for the end result." I've undone my end result.

I spent the last week in a miserable place once the podcast began getting coverage. I was instantly scared when a coworker poked me and said, "Hey, you're on GoNintendo." Suddenly article after article began appearing in game sites of all languages. Comments sections painted me as an idiot and the like. My Twitter started giving me hourly reminders from people meaning well and otherwise. It seemed unthinkable that I'd be let go for a single moment of poor judgment and my own misunderstandings, but here we are.

Obviously, as I'm writing this at 4 am, I don't think I have a clear goal. All I can think of is that there's so much I've put at risk. I know that if I can't find a job at least as good as this one, I won't be able to provide for my family. I've lost them their health coverage and their security. I also know that I've probably lost a good deal of my friends, just because I know how hard it can be to stay in touch with someone when the convenience of proximity is lost.

I'm so sorry to everyone. I've failed you. You believed in me and supported me and trusted me and I've failed you. I've failed me."
What is wrong with you Nintendo? You made this man lose everything. Now, he is probably depressed and hopeless. Have some humanity you idiots. He made a mistake, you should have forgiven him and gave him another chance. Now, your image will be even more negative because you just show how inhumane you are.

Well he was kinda dumb for doing that.

D

Deleted member

Project.
Crusade.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Just gonna to this thing once. Anywway, when think of my username "Swampertrulz" do you think,

A. My history of infractions

B. The ****posting that i've done

C. My unfunny jokes

D. All of the above

You decide, folks.
i think of...
you as the poster...?
Allo, first post and I manage too screw up my spelling.
you can edit posts lol

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
GAME OVER.
That scared the **** out of me when I first played Melee Classic mode. Oh yeah, that's another thing that Melee has over PM. The announcer. Not to say that Pat Cashman was bad or anything in Brawl, but Melee's announcer was just hilarious.
I prefer the Melee announcer too... He just sounded really cool.
After a total of 14 hours of updating, cleaning and defragging to get back +65GB of space the time has arrived

IT
BEGINS

Is your body ready?
I haven't even updated mine yet. Also first post in social thread achievment.:kirby:
Welcome to the Social thread!

Soul.

Maybe Nintendo didn't want anyone to find out they were doing that for their games, the guy's response suddenly came into his mind and he said it all of a sudden, leading Nintendo to fire him?
A lot of my disinterest on PM is just... there because well, yeah, I'm not interested enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom