• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
don't have to either fortunately.
You don't have to, again, strictly speaking, but your words are contradictory and murder your own position on Project M by demonstrating your illogic.
Methinks you have an irrational hatred of that game.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...And of course the game doesn't save after the final battle. Meaning all my work went to nothing. That's good game design.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well is somebody here can do some Smash?
Omega Zero (1).gif

Soul.

You don't have to, again, strictly speaking, but your words are contradictory and murder your own position on Project M by demonstrating your illogic.
Methinks you have an irrational hatred of that game.
I find the "game," as a whole, boring and nothing worth my interest.
I could really care less if my own words are contradictory*, or if I learned how to get away with murdering my own position by illogic statements as you say.

Now with that said, I'm not going to bother talking about the modification of a 2008 Wii game.

*everyone's words are subject to contradictions.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
None of the M&L games save after the final boss.
That's just how it is.
Still, it's always been a pet peeve of mine. You build it up, the climax happens, and someone plops over. At the very least allow me to have my cake and eat it too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Obviously if you beat the final boss all your work did mean something
I mean, I get what he means though.

Like, there's nothing tangible saying "yes, you completed this." Kinda like how when you defeat the final boss in Fire Emblem Awakening and reboot the game, it still treats it as if it were never beaten. I don't mind it too much, but I can see how it can be a minor annoyance.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Game Dev Tycoon is mean... I keep getting 5 and 6 on the games i made.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well nobody want to do Smash i guess. :ohwell:(Ironic since they we're only Smash talk for a moment.)

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I find the "game," as a whole, boring and nothing worth my interest.
I could really care less if my own words are contradictory*, or if I learned how to get away with murdering my own position by illogic statements as you say.

Now with that said, I'm not going to bother talking about the modification of a 2008 Wii game.

*everyone's words are subject to contradictions.
While everyone's words are subject to contradiction, the words themselves are not necessarily wrong or right depending on the scrutiny put upon them. They are wrong or right in and of themselves, and not subjective, but, rather, objective. Right and wrong depends on whether they contradict reality or are entirely consistent with reality.
With that in mind, let's try and deconstruct your earlier statements.

You call it a mod and not a game. If you'd care to clarify what you mean by game, perhaps you wouldn't be implicitly contradicting yourself.
But, a 'game' by every common definition ( http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/game?s=t please note, I am not using this as a means to beat you over the head with an appeal to authority.) means that calling it a mod and not a game is patently false.

If you wish to prove it's not a game, you must somehow prove that the set of rules it abides by are the exact same as some other game, therefore combining the two.
Obviously, that's not possible, since there's no game that is exactly Project M.
Anything that distinguishes one instance of potential gamehood from another already real game demonstrates the former's nature as an essentially distinct and entirely separate game.

tl;dr: Project M is both a mod and a game, and you should stop irrationally hating it since it's leading you into obvious error.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
...And of course the game doesn't save after the final battle. Meaning all my work went to nothing. That's good game design.
Well, I know for a fact that I'm not going to replay the game, so it doesn't really bother me.

The end boss music though, I remember listening to it regularly for a few months after beating the game.

:231:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Y'know, one the subject of M&L, I wonder if Paper Jam will follow all of the standard M&L trends, like:
A wiggler being a boss at some point, Bowser being the final boss, etc.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Y'know, one the subject of M&L, I wonder if Paper Jam will follow all of the standard M&L trends, like:
A wiggler being a boss at some point, Bowser being the final boss, etc.
It will probably will. Excepted maybe for the first but hey. We don't known alot about the game right now.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Also, why are there so many irrational game haters in general?
And why do those people think they have some sort of moral supremacy in pronouncing their judgements?
"We shouldn't have another Melee." Shouldn't? Because you don't like it? Sorry, that's childish and selfish.
"Smash 4 is cancer and we should kick the community out." I don't care if it is, it's the same thing here, childish and selfish.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
And why do those people think they have some sort of moral supremacy in pronouncing their judgements?
"We shouldn't have another Melee." Shouldn't? Because you don't like it? Sorry, that's childish and selfish.
"Smash 4 is cancer and we should kick the community out." I don't care if it is, it's the same thing here, childish and selfish.
There is hater everywhere. We can't do nothing about this. There will be always person to find something they don't like, even for stupid reason. It's life sadly.:4robinf:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's supposedly a cool thing to do.
Repeating the opinions of a few purists ad nauseam while vying for attention makes you popular, amirite?

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
All Smash games are good IMO.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People are always talking about game series that need another iteration, but you know what's just begging for a 3DS game, IMO?

The Legendary Starfy. Poor guy hasn't had a game since 2009 now, when before that his were released semi-regularly. Even if it were just a Master Collection of all five games, finally having the first four brought over to the USA would be great. That and I absolutely LOVED the fifth game (the one that got released here) and would eagerly play the other four if there were a realistically feasible/legal way to do so.

Plus there'd be the chance they'd make a Starfy amiibo and I'd buy one immediately.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
the AC broke in the house.
it feels like the flames of hell have come to exact wrath upon the basement

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
There is hater everywhere. We can't do nothing about this. There will be always person to find something they don't like, even for stupid reason. It's life sadly.:4robinf:
It's more like they find stupid reasons to hate the things they hate.
Disliking a game and speaking against it in itself isn't bad, but stupid, irrational reasons for disliking a game or speaking against it are.
All Smash games are good IMO.
People are good and justified in that they have their tastes, but that doesn't make them free from committing intellectual or moral error by saying that x game shouldn't exist or that y isn't actually a game.
... realistically feasible/legal way to do so...
Aww, c'mon, just because the Gov't says so doesn't make them right! :D

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well, I know for a fact that I'm not going to replay the game, so it doesn't really bother me.

The end boss music though, I remember listening to it regularly for a few months after beating the game.

The boss music is kick ass

I love all the M&L games boss music
the AC broke in the house.
it feels like the flames of hell have come to exact wrath upon the basement
Thats almost like when no cool air would come out of my AC

I was pissed

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Disliking a game and speaking against it in itself isn't bad, but stupid, irrational reasons for disliking a game or speaking against it are.
People are good and justified in that they have their tastes, but that doesn't make them free from committing intellectual or moral error by saying that x game shouldn't exist or that y isn't actually a game.
Aww, c'mon, just because the Gov't says so doesn't make them right! :D
Well yeah. You're point are right. For exemple for me, when i see that people complaining about Mewtwo and say he shouldn't return in Smash 4. I just can't help but to facepalm myself. Yeah, Mewtwo is not great. But it is a reason to say he should have never retunr in Smash 4? Hell no, this is just stupid irritional opinion. For me atleast, those people are just kid that can't learn or be happy of what they got.:mewtwomelee:

Last edited:

Soul.

While everyone's words are subject to contradiction, the words themselves are not necessarily wrong or right depending on the scrutiny put upon them. They are wrong or right in and of themselves, and not subjective, but, rather, objective. Right and wrong depends on whether they contradict reality or are entirely consistent with reality.
With that in mind, let's try and deconstruct your earlier statements.

You call it a mod and not a game. If you'd care to clarify what you mean by game, perhaps you wouldn't be implicitly contradicting yourself.
But, a 'game' by every common definition ( http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/game?s=t please note, I am not using this as a means to beat you over the head with an appeal to authority.) means that calling it a mod and not a game is patently false.

If you wish to prove it's not a game, you must somehow prove that the set of rules it abides by are the exact same as some other game, therefore combining the two.
Obviously, that's not possible, since there's no game that is exactly Project M.
Anything that distinguishes one instance of potential gamehood from another already real game demonstrates the former's nature as an essentially distinct and entirely separate game.

tl;dr: Project M is both a mod and a game, and you should stop irrationally hating it since it's leading you into obvious error.
To be honest, I don't give a **** if I'm leading myself to obvious error. Everyone does that. Every time I see a conversation about Project M, it's always like this. Proving people that they are incorrect at everything.

I don't wish to argue about something this silly. If I'm wrong, great, who cares. Now I'll step back.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I remember when people argued against Mewtwo's inclusion because he was "low tier". Because that's how we should judge characters. Not because of their who they are and what they represent, but because of what some list says. That's good logic.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
M&L music is really great.
I hold a particular love for Cavi Cape's theme and Dreamy Somnom Labyrinth's theme.
They're really good.
Me too, i freaking love the music of M&L . And the remix too, like this one.
This is my jam.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hey guys!
I'm going to court for my Birthday!
Cool, huh? :drshrug:

TL;DR Children's Aid Society doesn't trust me moving on, so I gotta pray to god Pheonix Wright is somehow existing and is on my side

D

Deleted member

I remember when people argued against Mewtwo's inclusion because he was "low tier". Because that's how we should judge characters. Not because of their who they are and what they represent, but because of what some list says. That's good logic.
Better remove Samus.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
"Some people just want to watch the world burn." Also, "Some people need to go outside and find out what a sunflower actually smells like."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom