• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Bad movies? My friends and I got a kick out of making fun of this crappy 2012 rip off: "Ghana 2016". A friend of mine actually saw it and it didn't have as much action as the trailer.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't go to theaters often, for obvious reasons, and Bridge to Terabithia looked like a good fantasy-esqe movie. I was mad.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Speaking of terrible films.

My God. It all starts...with a story.

The year was like 2012 I think. It was a not-that-dark and honestly-kinda-pleasant evening. Driving down the street, my mom noticed the gas was low. We took a turn toward the gas station, and I went in to pay for gas. My mom told me that they had a little movie stand with movies for five bucks. I figured it's a nifty deal.

I picked up a DVD. The box looked decent; "Journey to Promethia" it read. They told me never to judge a book by its cover, and I listened, though this simple DVD deceived me.

After returning home with the gas and the film, I sat and watched it. What followed was a night I'll never forget. I sat in awe as I watched what was promised to be an epic fantasy-adventure become something that a high schooler would produce to get into film school; more specifically, one that failed the entrance exam. There was some weird...yellowish goblin thing that was supposed to be like Yoda, I think. It looked like that foam finger material, but it was its whole body. The plot made Super Mario Bros. seem inventive. Bad guy takes over kingdom, warrior must save it, yaddayadda. At one point a legion of Amazonian bombshells join the heroes. 2012!Me remembered that well. And then those battle scenes. The "massive" armies on both sides consisted of like six guys each, the deaths were cornier than an Iowan field, and the costume design was...embarrassing. Like seriously, when the villagers got freed at the end it looked like they bought discount Halloween prince and princess costumes to dress them all in.

It was just...surreal. It couldn't be an actual thing could it? No one would put their name to such a thing. But alas, it was real.

So that's my talking piece at home. I currently have it traveling from high school friend to high school friend, allowing us a means to keep in touch. Something tangible when we're away. And when we meet up, all of us, we pass this god forsaken film on to the next guy, and the cycle continues.

Journey to Promethia: a terrible movie that changed my life for the better.
If you want to **** up your life more, Go watch Birdemic

D

Deleted member

I don't go to theaters often, for obvious reasons, and Bridge to Terabithia looked like a good fantasy-esqe movie. I was mad.
One of the reasons I don't go to theaters anymore is because I can't stand the high volume. Sure, it makes no sense, but I ain't kidding.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
bad movies? Carnosaur and Demons.
i like them both but they so cheesily bad.
now for movies i honestly legitimately despise: In Dreams

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If there's one bad movie that needs to be forgotten, it's definitely Sharknado. If there's one word that can describe anything wrong with it, it's everything. How the hell it got two sequels is beyond me, unless it's the same situation as those horrible Piranha films.

Last edited:

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
I dont really hate any movies, but that's because I dont watch much movies so I got nothing to hate. :4iggy:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
One of the reasons I don't go to theaters anymore is because I can't stand the high volume. Sure, it makes no sense, but I ain't kidding.
My hearing impairment makes the movies a chore depending on the equipment they have to help. I don't like all the people either though.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The key to not having a bad consumer experience is to keep one's self well-informed.
There are the unknowable instances that can come up, though.
Anyways, Mystery Science Theatre 3000 is great if you want to watch bad movies with hilarious commentary.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Bad movies? My friends and I got a kick out of making fun of this crappy 2012 rip off: "Ghana 2016". A friend of mine actually saw it and it didn't have as much action as the trailer.
What the... no amount of words can describe this, they just can't.

Soul.

Movies? Eh. Don't really care. They're only noteworthy because of their review score.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm not big on movies myself. More into stand up and old cartoons. A few movies, like Pixar, the Hobbit and LotR series, a few other movies are what I watch Movie-wise.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Movies? Eh. Don't really care. They're only noteworthy because of their review score.
There are so many things wrong with this statement that I am unable to respond with a sarcastic remark.

TakeYourHeart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
solemnpancake
No conversation about bad movies can go on without mentioning this:

or this:
:lick:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC