• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
2017 was so good, tough, it was so fast.
Atleast Sonic Mania was good.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
There's a new glitch in BOTW that allows you to beat the game in 5 minutes, and it's found by yours truly.
It's called "Scrubbing" :4link:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Sailor Moon Crystal Season 5 was the ****. To the point Toei will remade the awful first two seasons using the newest style.

*Dorito chewing intensifys*

Why is thread still stand?
He's waiting for the perfect page.

Maybe on the next page?
Tfw people hasn't understood yet this thread will last until its anniversary (Jul 31)

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Tfw people hasn't understood yet this thread will last until its anniversary (Jul 31)
So then, it'll end on the year I graduate!

.....Probably. Most likely. Definitely

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I can tell you right now that the other day, I did see a commercial for Sausage Party, which is an upcoming R-rated movie. All I can say is that that's just very disturbing stuff, and I don't even know what the movie directors were even thinking with that movie.

Basically, I really regretted seeing that commercial, and I've tried to avoid seeing it ever again, as it really makes me feel very disturbed whenever it pops up.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
*Dorito chewing intensifys*

Why is thread still stand?
Some people wanted this thread to last till 31st. And I was like "Eh, why not?" :p

---------------------

I'm almost done translating TH11 Subterranean Animism, and it definitely will be over by tomorrow. It's during this translation that I noticed Nitori's almost complete personality change from a shy Kappa to brazen and rude one. I wonder what Zun was thinking.

After that.... I kind of sort of want to translate the Touhou character names into Bengali. That would be fun. I'm probably not the right person t do a full scale Touhou Bengali Project, but I might as well try a bit.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
2017 was so good, tough, it was so fast.
Atleast Sonic Mania was good.
Yeah, and Zelda was alright I guess :p
After that.... I kind of sort of want to translate the Touhou character names into Bengali. That would be fun. I'm probably not the right person t do a full scale Touhou Bengali Project, but I might as well try a bit.
Lol, I remember hearing about/seeing a bit of a Bengali translation patched version of GTA. It was pretty jarring hearing a game set in the US with characters mostly from there with so much Bangla slang and informal Bengali accents XD
Touhou in Bengali sounds interesting...I'd play that.
There is only one way to end this thread... and its with a threat. To all mankind.
It better have a shorter script so that the "Bee Movie script" meme can be updated to be more tolerable.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
"We're very proud of you son, and a perfect report card, all B's!"
10/10 movie just for that joke alone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Today marks the first anniversary of this specific social thread version. Happy anniversary.

The Windows 10 free upgrade offer has ended--- so no more "annoying" GWX pop-ups for those who are fine running either Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.

If you're running an older version of Windows 10, you can check Microsoft's Software Download website and update to the latest version. Alternatively, you can choose to wait for update KB3159635 to show up in Windows Update. The Windows 10 Update Assistant will show up regardless of what way you choose to update.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Today marks the first anniversary of this specific social thread version. Happy anniversary.

The Windows 10 free upgrade offer has ended--- so no more "annoying" GWX pop-ups for those who are fine running either Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.

If you're running an older version of Windows 10, you can check Microsoft's Software Download website and update to the latest version. Alternatively, you can choose to wait for update KB3159635 to show up in Windows Update. The Windows 10 Update Assistant will show up either way.
Interestingly my mom wanted me to upgrade her computer to 10 yesterday. I did so as she requested.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I've upgraded three computers to Windows 10. I don't get what the big drag about upgrading has been.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I recently bought (and currently using) a laptop with Win10 preinstalled.

I haven't had any problems with it. Sure, it has some design/display differences from what I'm used to with Win7, but I don't see all the complaining people give Win10.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Windows 10 is pretty great except for the fact my Start button stopped working, I can't left-click it anymore, and all pre-installed programs are dead. Edge, Store, if I click on it, they stay in loading screen. Same for my Taskbar, some of the buttons on it only work by pressing right button (Sound, Internet Connection etc.).
And it won't recognize Firefox as my default browser anymore but it's possible Windows 10 isn't to blame for that.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I used to have a lot of problems with my computer; slowdowns, underclocking, apps hanging, etc. I thought it was Windows 10... but nope, it was me, I had blocked the fan ventilation, I moved the laptop to the edge of the table to open the vent and everything started to run like a missile.
I felt dumb for a while.

ArtemisX120

Smash Cadet
NNID
LethalHeroX120
Sailor Moon Crystal Season 5 was the ****. To the point Toei will remade the awful first two seasons using the newest style.

I'm new here. You couldn't expect me to know that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can tell you right now that the other day, I did see a commercial for Sausage Party, which is an upcoming R-rated movie. All I can say is that that's just very disturbing stuff, and I don't even know what the movie directors were even thinking with that movie.

Basically, I really regretted seeing that commercial, and I've tried to avoid seeing it ever again, as it really makes me feel very disturbed whenever it pops up.
Well I mean, Seth Rogen basically said he was high when he thought of it. :p

It's supposed to be a dark parody of Pixar films, known for giving things like toys, cars, fish and robots feelings and complex emotions. Basically Rogen thought of how ****ed up it'd be if food had feelings, and he rolled with it. :laugh:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

It's supposed to be a dark parody of Pixar films, known for giving things like toys, cars, fish and robots feelings and complex emotions. Basically Rogen thought of how ****ed up it'd be if food had feelings, and he rolled with it. :laugh:

The script of the movie got leaked some months ago, I read that thing and indeed it is pretty ****ed up. :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

The strange part of the story is that in the real world, certain prey animals do have the brute strength to fatally injure, or even kill their predators, which is why predatory animals like lions and wild dogs have to be very careful whenever they're hunting for prey animals, such as wildebeest and African buffaloes. Even crocodiles risk receiving a broken jaw (which would potentially lead to starvation) whenever they hunt for zebras.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've upgraded three computers to Windows 10. I don't get what the big drag about upgrading has been.
I recently bought (and currently using) a laptop with Win10 preinstalled.

I haven't had any problems with it. Sure, it has some design/display differences from what I'm used to with Win7, but I don't see all the complaining people give Win10.
Most people have complained about either Microsoft downloading the operating system in the background (which would've been critical in slow internet connections), upgrading them to Windows 10 without their consent, or the constant pop-up messages that come from the Get Windows 10 application. Some even went as far as taking legal action because of this.

And then there's the usual privacy concerns and the whole "Microsoft spies on you" thing... but think about it, aren't most products like that nowadays?

But I agree. Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 (in my case) was pretty much a seamless experience. Nothing major happened other than having to re-adjust the settings. If people don't like it, then they have the option to go back to the older version of Windows they've been using before.

Windows 10 is pretty great except for the fact my Start button stopped working, I can't left-click it anymore, and all pre-installed programs are dead. Edge, Store, if I click on it, they stay in loading screen. Same for my Taskbar, some of the buttons on it only work by pressing right button (Sound, Internet Connection etc.).
And it won't recognize Firefox as my default browser anymore but it's possible Windows 10 isn't to blame for that.
If the Start button (or perhaps the taskbar as a whole) doesn't work, you should try restarting the File Explorer (explorer.exe) process by using the Task Manager. If you still can't left-click it, you can always right-click the Start button to activate the Quick Link menu, which is pretty basic but gives you most of the options the normal Start menu would give you.

Have you found a way to re-install all your pre-installed applications? Checking out a bunch of tutorials (most of which rely on PowerShell) might help.

Thanks to my downgrade from version 1511 (the November update), two of the pre-installed applications no longer work: Photos and Alarms & Clock. I tried to re-install them using PowerShell to no avail. I even went as far as trying to get rid of them altogether. But I noticed that those were carried over from my 1511 installation. Perhaps if I go back to the newer version, they might work again.

Also, as far as I know, every time you update to a newer version of Windows 10, most of the settings reset to default, meaning you'd have to manually set Firefox as your default browser. You can check this tutorial.

Last edited by a moderator:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I just wanted to mention that my computer became locked after attempting to update to Windows 10.
Certain anti-virus programs will detect the Windows 10 installation as a virus, and the computer will be stuck between 8.1 and 10 with no way to open the OS.
I had to reset the computer to factory settings to get things back to normal. All because I didn't disable my anti-virus.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I just wanted to mention that my computer became locked after attempting to update to Windows 10.
Certain anti-virus programs will detect the Windows 10 installation as a virus, and the computer will be stuck between 8.1 and 10 with no way to open the OS.
I had to reset the computer to factory settings to get things back to normal. All because I didn't disable my anti-virus.
Some anti-virus programs are not very efficient. When I had to reset my computer back to factory status, I pretty much went with Norton Internet Security, and it has done its job for almost four years now.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Picked up :4lucina: today. Nice to have a fast bladie, and it's nice to have confirmable combos as well. Overall a fun and less stressful character to play as unlike Link.
Probably gonna give the Marcina boards a visit sometime.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Some anti-virus programs are not very efficient. When I had to reset my computer back to factory status, I pretty much went with Norton Internet Security, and it has done its job for almost four years now.
AVG is a trusted program, it's efficient.
The point is Microsoft should have on their website in big print "Disable Anti-Virus before installing Windows 10."

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

I don't think I've seen what you're talking about, but I tell you, I think my mom may have been unfortunate enough to have seen it. Just last night me and my fiancée were upstairs when we heard my mom yell "THIS IS THE DUMBEST **** I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!" It was about 10:00 at night which was the worst part.

I remember me and my fiancée talking to my mom this morning at breakfast and I said "Mom, what the heck did you scream about last night?" She described almost exactly what you're referring to.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Windows 10 had been OK for me. At least after the November update. When i got it, i remember it being very buggy and dealing with a BSOD but now it runs OK after the update. I am excited for the anniversary update.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Most people have complained about either Microsoft downloading the operating system in the background (which would've been critical in slow internet connections), upgrading them to Windows 10 without their consent, or the constant pop-up messages that come from the Get Windows 10 application. Some even went as far as taking legal action because of this.

And then there's the usual privacy concerns and the whole "Microsoft spies on you" thing... but think about it, aren't most products like that nowadays?

But I agree. Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 (in my case) was pretty much a seamless experience. Nothing major happened other than having to re-adjust the settings. If people don't like it, then they have the option to go back to the older version of Windows they've been using before.

If the Start button (or perhaps the taskbar as a whole) doesn't work, you should try restarting the File Explorer (explorer.exe) process by using the Task Manager. If you still can't left-click it, you can always right-click the Start button to activate the Quick Link menu, which is pretty basic but gives you most of the options the normal Start menu would give you.

Have you found a way to re-install all your pre-installed applications? Checking out a bunch of tutorials (most of which rely on PowerShell) might help.

Thanks to my downgrade from version 1511 (the November update), two of the pre-installed applications no longer work: Photos and Alarms & Clock. I tried to re-install them using PowerShell to no avail. I even went as far as trying to get rid of them altogether. But I noticed that those were carried over from my 1511 installation. Perhaps if I go back to the newer version, they might work again.

Also, as far as I know, every time you update to a newer version of Windows 10, most of the settings reset to default, meaning you'd have to manually set Firefox as your default browser. You can check this tutorial.
I did both of that, resetting explorer.exe and using Powershell to reinstall the applications but to no avail. Powershell gave me a message the components aren't there and therefore can't be installed which is weird as CheckImage gave the message they were able to be restored.
But to be fair, I don't really care about any of the applications. Like you said, I use the right button and winword.exe when I want to use Word.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Windows 10 works pretty well for me, except that my touchpad stops working randomly. So I always use a mouse.

The new thread will be up soon-ish.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
FINALLY!!
I have posted one post before my premium run out AND before this thread close.
I can die in peace now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom