• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
What's the longest thread on smashboards btw? The bob-omb thread has 6,406 pages right now, so it might be the longest thread on the forums.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
So, statistics time.

The thread's average is still 221.4 posts per day - still more than Social 1.0, you can imagine how explosive the activity was if 11 months of slowness still didn't bring it down.

The average since Hylian's lock is about 113 posts a day, or about 3 pages per day. Huh, we were still somewhat active, it seems. The average last week was only 34 posts a day though, and the average over the last month was only 30 posts per day. Maybe 1-2 pages a day is the activity level the thread has settled into for now.

In any case, here's hoping for an infraction-free 7.0
Dang, thats a lot of posts still.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What's the longest thread on smashboards btw? The bob-omb thread has 6,406 pages right now, so it might be the longest thread on the forums.
Definitely that one, and is likely the longest running thread that is still very active.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
How long does it usually take between the end of one social thread and the start of one? I pretty much only post in the smash 4 social thread exclusively, I'd pretty much have no reason to come here otherwise lol .

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
How long does it usually take between the end of one social thread and the start of one? I pretty much only post in the smash 4 social thread exclusively, I'd pretty much have no reason to come here otherwise lol .
Usually a few minutes.

One goes up, the other comes down.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
I too.

Used to post in more places here but for some reason its more comfy to stick with one place, ya feel me

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So why lock this thread after 2,000 pages, FalKoopa FalKoopa ?
As in why I let this thread go past 2000 or why do we lock threads at 2000 pages in the first place?

To answer the first question, it was just a whim, and quite a few people here want to see this thread last an entire year.

For the second, way back threads used to get glitched (apparently; I've never seen one happen) when they become too large, so threads used to start over at 2000 pages.

So, 7.0 will likely be the last Smash 4 Social Thread, as it won't be locked.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
As in why I let this thread go past 2000 or why do we lock threads at 2000 pages in the first place?

To answer the first question, it was just a whim, and quite a few people here want to see this thread last an entire year.

For the second, way back threads used to get glitched (apparently; I've never seen one happen) when they become too large, so threads used to start over at 2000 pages.

Ah, thank you. That explains everything.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I too.

Used to post in more places here but for some reason its more comfy to stick with one place, ya feel me
Hmm, this place has always been where I've primarily posted, though yeah before I did, at times, branch out. I'm mostly here I guess because speculation is over and the character discussion boards where were I mostly was besides this place, so I pretty much just have this place left.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader

It kinda blows my mind how many pages total of social threads we gotten, like if threads warent locked we'd be at about 12k pages. Thats one long thread lemme tell you.

Guess if Social 7: Advent Children is the last and definitive Smash Social thread we should dub it the Omnithread or something. Or Smash ∞ Social, where we discuss what tier Lanky Kong and Pepsiman are.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333

Well, that was anti-climatic.

I'm pretty interested in how this new thread will turn out. Some of us Veterans will be making a return, but there's always a couple of new users here and there. I thought about changing my sig back to showing the HP, SP, and WP bars again or come up with new stat bars, but I think people are more interested in my VA works than a silly little RPG HUD.
Speaking of stats, you still thinking about how to display the daily/weekly activity?

D

Deleted member

Is that the topic that has like5 consecutive pages of just @Flight
That is on the same level as status updates. Redundant and lame, but somehow gets posted anyway.

He's talking about the thread found in the Forum Games section.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Man 2017 was good; Breath of the Wild is amazing and dem NX controllers are great. :4shulk:

ArtemisX120

Smash Cadet
NNID
LethalHeroX120
Still waiting for the end of the smash social.

Anyways I've been playing Pokken a lot and i gotta say, the game is hard...like REALLY hard. I feel its just rock paper scissors on steroids. I only play the game though because Charizard is cool.

D

Deleted member

I'm on the same boat. I've been posting less as of lately (which means my activity is slowly declining). I pretty much only post content in about five threads now. I'd leave the site, but since there's no alternative site out there that catches my interest, that probably won't happen anytime soon.

It kinda blows my mind how many pages total of social threads we gotten, like if threads warent locked we'd be at about 12k pages. Thats one long thread lemme tell you.

Guess if Social 7: Advent Children is the last and definitive Smash Social thread we should dub it the Omnithread or something. Or Smash ∞ Social, where we discuss what tier Lanky Kong and Pepsiman are.
Nah. We should name it something more fitting if it's going to last forever. I for one would simply call it the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U Social Thread. A mouthful, but it works. No numbers, nothing too complicated. Just the official, collective name.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
Nah. We should name it something more fitting if it's going to last forever. I for one would simply call it the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U Social Thread. A mouthful, but it works. No numbers, nothing too complicated. Just the official, collective name.
honestly I think the best possible title for the new thread would be "The Super Smash 4 Social Thread 9000 XL Explosion Radical Meme Fest II the Electric Boogaloo Directors Cut ****post Apocalypse Fun Zone Supreme The Definitive Edition" (ft. Super Sexy Cuddle Times) It's great because it describes the function of this thread in a concise manner yet is still vague enough to drive deep philosophical discussion on what I truly means to be a regular of the smash 4 social thread.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
honestly I think the best possible title for the new thread would be "The Super Smash 4 Social Thread 9000 XL Explosion Radical Meme Fest II the Electric Boogaloo Directors Cut ****post Apocalypse Fun Zone Supreme The Definitive Edition" (ft. Super Sexy Cuddle Times) It's great because it describes the function of this thread in a concise manner yet is still vague enough to drive deep philosophical discussion on what I truly means to be a regular of the smash 4 social thread.
Where the hell is '& Knuckles'?
0/10

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
upload_2016-7-30_5-44-2.png

Or you can merge the two cleanly to give:
"Featuring Knuckles from the Sonic the Hedgehog series" :laugh:
Neither of us should be awake right now, you know. :laugh:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's 6 AM here. I usually stay awake in the early mornings, and I'm used to that what with school and all. I only really sleep at night.
I had very little sleep last night. >_> I have college at 9 AM... If I sleep now, I won't be able to wake up. Urgh.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I had very little sleep last night. >_> I have college at 9 AM... If I sleep now, I won't be able to wake up. Urgh.
I slept for like 5 hours last night. I've actually been trying to reform my sleeping habits recently, I used to pull all-nighters regularly, and sleep in the day. So right now by foregoing sleeping in the morning I feel more sleepy once it is night time, as long as I atleast slept >4 hours at night that is.
When I did have school, I was still able to sleep for like 2 hours from 5-7 AM daily though, worked for me.

College? You don't have summer/end of semester vacation right now?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I slept for like 5 hours last night. I've actually been trying to reform my sleeping habits recently, I used to pull all-nighters regularly, and sleep in the day. So right now by foregoing sleeping in the morning I feel more sleepy once it is night time, as long as I atleast slept >4 hours at night that is.
When I did have school, I was still able to sleep for like 2 hours from 5-7 AM daily though, worked for me.

College? You don't have summer/end of semester vacation right now?
End of semester vacation here lasts from early May to mid July - probably chosen as that is the hottest time of the year. College started a couple of weeks earlier.

I don't have holidays again until Durga Puja in September.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
End of semester vacation here lasts from early May to mid July - probably chosen as that is the hottest time of the year. College started a couple of weeks earlier.

I don't have holidays again until Durga Puja in September.
Ah, I see. Sucks, I have it longer(school reopens mid August) and some people worldwide have it for like 3 months or so from what I've heard.
You should probably get more sleep at night then, lol. I managed to usually stay awake at school despite less sleep, but at home less so, which would usually be cut short by my former noon tutoring and/or coaching at night, which was frustrating in terms of my sleep.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Speaking of college:
That moment when you have three days left to do a thing for college or else all hell breaks loose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom