• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
If you had one superpower solely to screw with other people, what would it be?

Mine would be the ability to wreak havoc with TV broadcasts and recordings (History documentary too boring for you? Just add WALUIGI TIME)

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283

Mine would be the ability to wreak havoc with TV broadcasts and recordings (History documentary too boring for you? Just add WALUIGI TIME)
I think invisibility would be the best power for messing with people.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Being a paper.

I think peopel will understand if they play paper jam, but you can do a lot :)

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Did I just wake up to a Waifu battle? Real talk, just make everyone your waifu. Simpler and much more easier to start.

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Ilyana isn't a waifu of mine. I only have room for Severa.
Oh that's right I forgot about that. At this point I still haven't married all of the children characters on Male Robin side. Still gotta marry everyone on Female Robin side in Awakening.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I got a cable :)

it's a DVI to hdmi adapter (you only can;t transfert audio because dvi is basically a downgraded hdmi for the display, but it works).

....which you might wonder why the heck woudl I want that?

Well, my monitor has 2 inputs, vga and dvi, I was using dvi on my pc since and left the vga there. I liek this monitor because it has a very low refresh rate and the screen is like 25-30 inches, that';s plenty even with my myopia (which is a serious one I mean we are talking to the point I can;t legally get a driver license even with glasses). Not to mention I can easilly have nearly my face on the monitor because I jsut put my keyboards on myself, I like this with my pc.

the problem is I had thsi idea "what if the same happens for my WiiU?". Sure, this monitor is 5:4 and 1280x1024 which actually sucks, but on the other hand.....I have this bulky nearly 40 icnhes tv 1366x768 16:9 which I have to sit from a distance because otherwise, it;s too big. Add the fact I have to phisically move location to be in front of tv.......it became interesting to consider using my monitor on my WiiU so i bought a dvi to hdmi, I just can;t carry audio.......

except......the WiiU has a very unknown but awesome feature. You can tell the WiiU to output audio to hdmi, composite, or both (it;s a really hidden option, you have to go to the settings and tv, audio type and it;s a little corner). So, I just say composite only then plug a cable and use an adapter to transform the red and white wire into a standard audio jack. Then, I plug it into my amp and now I can listen to it with hardware volume control right next to me and this is the raw analog audio so there is no quality loss.

But the monitor was still a problem, it supported max 720p, but doing so will look streched because of the 5:4 aspect ratio so to have a clean looking video, I have to use 480p at 4:3 with black bars on top and bottom.

This sounded awfull when i learned about it, but man i loved the convenience so I tried to see if 480p woudl be this bad......

........frankly.....I cannot notice differences. My screen might be too small, I might have a sight that is THIS bad, but I swear, I tried ssb4 movies which has a lot of movement and colors most of them are vivid and I cannot spot a very noticeable difference between 480p and 720p minus the aspect stretch.

Then I proceeded to try on yt, and all i got was some compression yt does (you see compressed video on yt and I know they do it more for lower res so it;s not really only resolution here).

So guys, let me ask a question:

is my sight THIS bad or I should have noticed the difference?

Luig

Confused
So on the bus ride, one kid in junior high started playing let it go.
Then we started singing it.

Then the whole bus was singing it.

Ahh.... peace and quiet....

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
So I just read that most likely Gastornis wasn't a predator. Geh... All those nightmares I had as a child after watching BBC's walking with beasts were all for nothin'.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506

Me whenever someone makes a "You're gonna have a bad time" joke

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
My brother is flew back to Korea today... Which meant my family all got to crowd in the car at 5 am and drive to the airport to see him off.
It took great willpower to avoid falling asleep in class today. :tired:

...On a slightly unrelated note, I watched Rush Hour for the first time a few nights ago. It was a lot funnier than I expected, gotta say. :laugh:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So as a :4drmario: fan, there's a comic I've been wanting to read: Nintendo Comics System #9: "The Doctor Is In... Over His Head". Unfortunately, I only have a Mario Wiki plot summary to go by and can't find any scans of it online (legally or illegally).

But very surprisingly, I can buy a copy of the actual comic on Amazon for $25 used or $35 new (would've never expected THAT LOW of a price for a discontinued comic book from 1991).

Not sure if I'll commit and get it. What do you think?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
So as a :4drmario: fan, there's a comic I've been wanting to read: Nintendo Comics System #9: "The Doctor Is In... Over His Head". Unfortunately, I only have a Mario Wiki plot summary to go by and can't find any scans of it online (legally or illegally).

But very surprisingly, I can buy a copy of the actual comic on Amazon for $25 used or $35 new (would've never expected THAT LOW of a price for a discontinued comic book from 1991).

Found a much cheaper price on eBay, try to find the link. :drmario:

I'd recommend it since it sounds interesting.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506

Buy it then put up the scans because it's obviously pretty rare

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
This week of school was brutal. Homework to the max! I'm gonna enjoy sleeping for more than 4 hours < _ >

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Oh god I've become a social media *****. I started using my Tumblr, and I got back to using my Twitter too.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
So, I got a cable :)

dvi is basically a downgraded hdmi for the display, but it works.
actually DVI is better than HDMI in many cases because HDMI has ****y bandwidth. like a HDMI cable caps out at around 70HZ @ 1080P while DVI caps out at 185hz @ 1440P which is a huge difference. you only really need it if you're like me and need super high refresh rate monitors to keep from getting headaches or if you play FPS games and want a high refresh rate monitor for less motion blur.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
actually DVI is better than HDMI in many cases because HDMI has ****y bandwidth. like a HDMI cable caps out at around 70HZ @ 1080P while DVI caps out at 185hz @ 1440P which is a huge difference. you only really need it if you're like me and need super high refresh rate monitors to keep from getting headaches or if you play FPS games and want a high refresh rate monitor for less motion blur.
Actually I did research and I realised how much I really don;pt need hdmi.

See, dvi SINGLE LINK (the cable I have) is able to do 1080p at 60htz which is like the max I woudl ever need (altough, like I jsut said, i coudln;t ntoice much difference between 480p and 720p). My monitor is a dual link port so I am not even using the full dvi and it;s enough.

The other thing is audio, I really don;t care that dvi doesn;t support it, just pass it with the composite cable, it;s literally stereo and I use headphones, i will never need surround sound. I have an adapter to have a jack which I can plug through my amp.

Because I was checking monitor and they are less pricey if you don;t have hdmi and speakers......which I realised I don;t need.

In fact, idk if I will upgrade my monitor becuase despite being 5:4, it;s actually a really good old monitor (like it has 2ms response time). The point is I woudl only need dvi and vga, because I am thinking abotu converting my vga to composite so that my gamecube can work on that monitor.

Btw, I need to know this, why even bother putting the audio cable on this if you can;t pass audio through vga?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/VGA-to-S-Vid...944047?hash=item35e289bbef:g:7NYAAOSwg3FUno98

Like is it a scam or soemthing? you can;t pass audio.....

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It saddens me to see how slow this thread is now.....
:scared:
This thread will rise again...

...When 7.0 will come.

Or if the rules are less strict or if alot of people lose their premium and don't know that the NintenZone exist.
Because really, it seem that everyone that haven't premium or don't go to the DR just go to the NintenZone Social Thread.
Which is , i have to admit , kinda sad for the Smash 4 Social Thread . I hope that in the futur, this thread will be as actif as before.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This thread will rise again...

...When 7.0 will come.

Or if the rules are less strict or if alot of people lose their premium and don't know that the NintenZone exist.
Because really, it seem that everyone that haven't premium or don't go to the DR just go to the NintenZone Social Thread.
Which is , i have to admit , kinda sad for the Smash 4 Social Thread . I hope that in the futur, this thread will be as actif as before.
To be fair, moderation has been pretty lax for the last 2-3 months. It's definitely not as strict as it was immediately after Hylian's post.

About NintenZone Social, that thread is often too serious.

:231:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom