• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Bayonetta's cool, but I got zero hype for yet another anime swordfighter, lol.

For a niche franchise, FE sure gets a lot of reps. But then again Nintendo in general only has a niche audience these days.
cause turning into a dragon and having ridic long range is generic
Well meme'd

a dog

Smash Cadet
cause turning into a dragon and having ridic long range is generic
Well meme'd
He still fits the same archetype to me.

Like if in Street Fighter, they added yet another gi-wearing shoto clone, but this guy turned into a literal dragon when he performed his dragon punch, that wouldn't change the fact that he's still too similar to characters SF already has enough of. That's basically what this guy is to Smash.

That being said, I did have some morbid enjoyment when this character was revealed, especially when it was shown that he has a counter move, because of course he had to have one, lol.

All in all though this is the best Smash cast ever IMO (with apologies to Wolf, Snake, IC, Pichu, Squirtle, and Ivysaur fans).

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I really hope Umbra clock tower is legal but I fear it won't. Fortitudo and whatever the other one is called I forgot could be the stage hazards but I'm just hoping they just show up to say hi.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I really hope Umbra clock tower is legal but I fear it won't. Fortitudo and whatever the other one is called I forgot could be the stage hazards but I'm just hoping they just show up to say hi.
They look that way. In the direct, they said "guest appearances", so they won't be hazards, just weirdos in the background.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
They look that way. In the direct, they said "guest appearances", so they won't be hazards, just weirdos in the background.
ooo great news!!!

This gives Bayonetta more publicity from tournaments like Evo if true! Also, the combo-heavy character might be used competitively in Evo ect too, which is even better.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
cause turning into a dragon
Yoshi's Final Smash tho :^)
and having ridic long range is generic
:4shulk:

Nah, you have a point. Outside of the anime swordfighter thing, there's really nothing generic about Corrin. Still, there are so many anime swordfighters already that even being one is contributing to how generic the character is greatly.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I'm drawing good ol'Luigi wondering why is there a witch in this game.
Good ol'Luigi is too pure in my eyes.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Just the morning Bayonetta was confirmed I was discussing right here with another user how the ESBR rating would change if she appeared in. Damn. Such a coincidence.
Greatest reveal ever, way better than Cloud imho (which I downloaded, and honestly is kind of boring to play as).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I found out that, on the online profile icons in game, not only do you get Cloud and the Final Fantasy symbol, but also icons for his Advent Children outfit AND the summons from the Midgar stage.

Pretty cool!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I usually have a go to FE character to fight as just because, and I'm in the minority here, I like the selection and I like playing as them. It'll be going from Roy to Corrin though, I think. Or maybe both since they're radically different characters anyway.

Bayonetta though... I can't wait to wreck with her. Or wreck her.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just a funny fact

Everyone outside smash boards is more hype than hate

Even for Corrin

I'm looking a news and other blogs and other forums there is hate but not even as much as right here on smash boards

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Just a funny fact

Even for Corrin

I'm looking a news and other blogs and other forums there is hate but not even as much as right here on smash boards
I just came here since the world ended but really there is hate? I'm not excited about Corrin myself, but with Bayonetta this game is instantly perfect. I went into it hoping for so many characters, and the moment I saw Bayonetta I realized those wishes were terrible compared to her. Corrin is like a bonus. He looks cool anyway.
But BAYONETTA. My God.

BAYONETTA.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Just a funny fact

Even for Corrin

I don't feel hate for Corrin, just indifference and a little bit of sadness. It's not that I think they're bad or anything (their moveset looks cool and it's unique, which gives them bonus points), it just feels very "blah" from the standpoint of a character being introduced to Smash. There wasn't any bang to it, it was just "oh that's a thing, k". Most people haven't had the chance to get attached to them the same way they got attached to Robin or Lucina.

I'll probably end up enjoying the character to some degree (if I get Fates I might even love them, although I'm not sure if I'll bother with getting it), but that's not really what I'm getting at with this.

Admittedly Smashboards probably has the most intense opinions when it comes to characters being added to Smash, I think maybe we tend to have very specific and uncompromising desires too. Whereas people outside of Smashboards probably have a very wide selection of characters they'd like to see.

I just feel a little sad that people obnoxiously expect you to love and feel thankful for characters you never wanted in the first place. How does that make ANY sense? You can accept it sure, but I don't think it means you have to like or appreciate it in any way. That's just unreasonable.

I love Bayonetta's addition, but I certainly don't expect everyone to appreciate it or even be thankful for her. I mean I've seen plenty of people show their strong distaste for her in the past so I think it would be insanity for me to turn around and tell them to be grateful for getting something they were clearly against.

I wish more people would be understanding of this mindset. It's not that "argghhhh I'm so mad I hate Sakurai and this game sux now!!!" standpoint. It's just respectful disappointment, and there's nothing wrong with airing that disappointment. Everyone should be allowed to have their say.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I just came here since the world ended but really there is hate? I'm not excited about Corrin myself, but with Bayonetta this game is instantly perfect. I went into it hoping for so many characters, and the moment I saw Bayonetta I realized those wishes were terrible compared to her. Corrin is like a bonus. He looks cool anyway.
But BAYONETTA. My God.

BAYONETTA.
I know

I mean if you look at k rool, wolf, snake, Shante, bandana Dee, shovel, banjo and kazooie not getting in. And should have Ben in bayonetta's place (bare in mind she did deserve the win.) or should have Ben more winners since it should have Ben 3 winners

A lot of people are salty about this

But it's significatly less salt outside smash boards

And I feel proud of those people.

I don't feel hate for Corrin, just indifference and a little bit of sadness. It's not that I think they're bad or anything (their moveset looks cool and it's unique, which gives them bonus points), it just feels very "blah" from the standpoint of a character being introduced to Smash. There wasn't any bang to it, it was just "oh that's a thing, k". Most people haven't had the chance to get attached to them the same way they got attached to Robin or Lucina.

I'll probably end up enjoying the character to some degree (if I get Fates I might even love them, although I'm not sure if I'll bother with getting it), but that's not really what I'm getting at with this.

Admittedly Smashboards probably has the most intense opinions when it comes to characters being added to Smash, I think maybe we tend to have very specific desires too. Whereas people outside of Smashboards probably have a very wide selection of characters they'd like to see.

I just feel a little sad that people obnoxiously expect you to love and feel thankful for characters you never wanted in the first place. How does that make ANY sense? You can accept it sure, but I don't think it means you have to like or appreciate it in any way. That's just unreasonable.

I love Bayonetta's addition, but I certainly don't expect everyone to appreciate it or even be thankful for her. I mean I've seen plenty of people show their strong distaste for her in the past so I think it would be insanity for me to turn around and tell them to be grateful for getting something they were clearly against.

I wish more people would be understanding of this mindset. It's not that "argghhhh I'm so mad I hate Sakurai and this game sux now!!!" standpoint. It's just respectful disappointment, and there's nothing wrong with airing that disappointment. Everyone should be allowed to have their say.
:4bayonetta::4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4charizard::4cloud::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucas::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight::4mewtwo::4mii::4gaw::4ness::4olimar::4pacman::4palutena::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4rob::4robinm::rosalina::4feroy::4ryu::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4wario::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss::4drmario:

Do any of these look not wanted to you?

(Dr Mario is because of the old Mario moveset is in him.)

The ones we diden't exspect or not requested got loved later

The only hate I see is from these guys
:4darkpit::4corrin:

And because of no k rool, wolf, Isaac, shovel knight, banjo and kazooie, snake, Rayman,

And should have Ben more ballot winners,

we can't get everything we want that how life goes, get over it.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Anyway I figure I might as well rank the dlc from favourite to least favourite:

1. Mewtwo
2. Bayonetta
3. Lucas
4. Ryu
5. Cloud
6. Corrin
7. Roy

It was tough for the top, but Mewtwo outright made me jump up and down like a fool and I already know I love playing as him so he gets the top spot. At least for now.

It was sort of tough for the bottom too, but for different reasons. :p In the end I conceded that a new moveset is vastly more preferable to a cloney one.

I know you can't really know for sure since they're not all released, but this has more to do with my gut feeling of them as characters and from what I can see.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
ooo great news!!!

This gives Bayonetta more publicity from tournaments like Evo if true! Also, the combo-heavy character might be used competitively in Evo ect too, which is even better.
In the trailer, you can see that one of the platforms in the Umbra CT stage is completely solid.
So I'm not sure.

Red-White

Smash Apprentice
So far, literally the only thing to even somewhat disappoint me, is the "fans" being disappointed.

I guess this isn't a good place to complain though. I just need to vent, even if just a little bit. My apologies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So far, literally the only thing to even somewhat disappoint me, is the "fans" being disappointed.

I guess this isn't a good place to complain though. I just need to vent, even if just a little bit. My apologies.
We I'm not complaining

I love the final roster

And smash 5 will be another slight increase in size

And I can see barely any of the characters here to fail to get in that (I know some will but it's hard too see.)

And maybe the repairs in it will be better
More unlockables (to add more playablity)

More modes

Nerfs anf buffs on characters.

More stages

Bringing back stages

And maybe one of the ultimate characters we want playable will be playable in 5.

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
Guys I can't tell you how happy I am right now. This is the most joyful I have been through all my life.
I did it!
I passed math final! All the hard work paid off.
Considering what **** I've been through, it feels like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. :)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Guys I can't tell you how happy I am right now. This is the most joyful I have been through all my life.
I did it!
Considering what **** I've been through, it feels like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. :)
Congrats Mar Mar!

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
Congrats Mar Mar!
Thanks jazzzz! :awesome:
I feel so dizzy with joy.
I just have two more exams tomorrow and I'm a free bird.
First thing I'll do after I'm done is celebrate by watching reruns of Steven Universe while having a bowl of Doritos right by me. With Tapatio and lemon on them to make them spicy. :awesome:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I did it!
I'm so glad to here you passed your math finals

Congratulation

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Thanks jazzzz! :awesome:
I feel so dizzy with joy.
I just have two more exams tomorrow and I'm a free bird.
First thing I'll do after I'm done is celebrate by watching reruns of Steven Universe while having a bowl of Doritos right by me. With Tapatio and lemon on them to make them spicy. :awesome:
I've never heard of tapatio... What's that?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

Eh, to be fair, even if the roster had the 'top contenders' people would still complain. You can never please everyone.

I did it!
Congratulations! Math is dangerous if you don't understand it.

a dog

Smash Cadet
Just a funny fact

Even for Corrin

Ain't true. I've seen lots of salt on every gaming website I visit. :p

On one forum in particular people are still arguing about this stuff even this afternoon.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
There's still a couple of potential issues though. The platforms that float in appear to be solid from below, which could cause cave of life issues, though the platforms are temporary (so it doesn't immediately discount the stage). Characters with angled recoveries could get caught underneath as well, but then again Lylat is legal. I guess we'll see.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Corrin definitely looks like he/she has an interesting move-set. Definitely plan on learning this character and if like the move-set enough, that's my new main or pocket character.

Bayonetta I can't have an opinion about since I don't know her, but she definitely looks like a combo character with chaining the special attacks. Looks like a mixture of ZSS and Shiek so far.

Cloud I don't really care about, but I'm glad he's in for his fans.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Have they released (high quality) official Smash artwork of :4bayonetta:'s classic outfit yet? I see both male & female :4corrin: artwork but not the other thing.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll admit I'm a little surprised to see Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 going around telling everyone to calm down and stuff.

You were a closet Bayonetta supporter weren't you, just ashamed to admit it near the K. Rool and Wolf threads? :p
It's alright though.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I absolutely hated the salt mines in the character support group. I probably shouldn't say it, but I was ashamed for being a K. Rool supporter for the first time. There was a LOT of rather childish rage, even from members I respected.

:231:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
:4bayonetta:'s clothes are so hard to draw. There's so much detail on it !
At least I'm enjoying myself, so that's nice.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'll admit I'm a little surprised to see Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 going around telling everyone to calm down and stuff.

You were a closet Bayonetta supporter weren't you, just ashamed to admit it near the K. Rool and Wolf threads? :p
It's alright though.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I absolutely hated the salt mines in the character support group. I probably shouldn't say it, but I was ashamed for being a K. Rool supporter for the first time. There was a LOT of rather childish rage, even from members I respected.

:231:
Tell you the truth I never played bayonetta games.

And I was not a supporter, due to being one of those she's impossible, due to too sexy for smash, and guns thing.

And yes I am sad wolf and k rool won't see smash 4s light since I was. A major supporter for both.

But I'm seeing everyone seeing smash 4 as stinky all because sakurai added a 6th fire emblem rep and also bayonetta defeating all the characters that everyone though for sure was winning.

I realize I should appreciate all the work sakurai did in smash 4 and all of that wonderful stuff he did add. I mean he had extreme arm pain when he was doing this.

Even though he refused to look at fan wants most of the time. But there was still a ton of stuff fans wanted in smash 4 that got in.

I just feel like I'm seeing they hate smash 4 all because the final characters are ones that were not the most wanted (excluding bayonetta)

I mean I saw simular reactions to brawls final roster a little bit. (Atleast that's what I remember.)

It's just my opinion and how I feel how everyone is reacting.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I haven't beaten Bayonetta 1 yet (which I also means I haven't touched my copy of Bayonetta 2 either).

Her Smash appearance is enough motivation to fix that eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom