• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Not much, but I've been keeping busy with Thanksgiving family stuff, working on schoolwork, and playing Splatoon.
Sorry to disappoint, I would gladly sacrifice my account to bring back Arigarmy. :crying: I will keep Waluigi alive in his name, though!
What happened to Arigarmy?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What happened to Arigarmy?
I remember he said he had found a site worth contributing to, as opposed to ****posting here.

No idea which site was he talking about.

And Good Morning, Socialites.

:231:

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ahh my voice is all gravely and gross. Perfect for calling in sick, time to call in the second time in a week.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, out of all the newcomer reveals we've had so far which one(s) is/are your favorite(s)? I personally liked Palutena's and Cloud's the most.
Duck Hunt, despite being leaked beforehand, had an absolutely amazing reveal. Definitely the most hilarious trailer to date. But Cloud's reveal is my number one most treasured reveal because it wasn't spoiled and he is the first newcomer I actually wanted playable.

Lucario, though not a newcomer, was very hype for me because he is my most favorite Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

I'd say Shulk and Mega Man's. I'm not to femilar with ether series but I recognize how iconic Mega Man is and how having him in was a great thing, Shulk was a great way to end of August last year and is a character from a great series. Cloud's definetly third he was a nice and welcome surprise a great iconic character that started great JRPG's and a legendary wanted character. So was great to have him in. K. Rool will shoot right up to number one for me should he get in cause he's a character people have wanted since Melee and an iconic Donkey Kong Country character. But since we're talking about characters already in it's these three.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
In terms of characters themselves: Cloud or Wii Fit Trainer. As they were the characters that really stuck out to me. Special mention goes to Mewtwo kickstarting speculation again.

For trailers: Mega Man. Maybe it was just the times, but I remember being hyped as hell for it.

Jatayu

Regal Eagle
3DS FC
4227-4062-5258
I was excited to play Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer.
Little Mac, since his trailer was my introduction to super armor and the fact Mac was just taking those hits like nothing amazed me.
And I love silly characters like Wario and King Dedede, so of course I'll play as a yoga instructor that could fly with hula hoops and fight with yoga poses!

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
I cant particularly choose a favorite reveal, they all gave me this super tingly feeling everytime I hear the smash cutting symbol thingy. :cheep:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Argh, I hate having to wait for report cards
I mean, I just want to know if I flunked anything or not to end the anxiety.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

Its been a while since I was pranked... I thought this whole thing was over. Guess not. Am I even allowed to talk about this here? With all the rule changes...
Pranking wa, sore ga tame ni shiyō shi.
ta mono ni naru koto wa arimasen

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not much, but I've been keeping busy with Thanksgiving family stuff, working on schoolwork, and playing Splatoon.
Sorry to disappoint, I would gladly sacrifice my account to bring back Arigarmy. :crying: I will keep Waluigi alive in his name, though!
Not much either. I'm doing the usual.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

Its been a while since I was pranked... I thought this whole thing was over. Guess not. Am I even allowed to talk about this here? With all the rule changes...
Rin is best girl in Fate!

Joking aside, I got a New 3DS XL today. I got tired of the L and R button not consistently working on my regular 3DS.

As for the topic of reveal trailers, I wish Mewtwo had an animated one similar to Palutena, but by either the studio that did Pokemon Origins, the one that does the regular anime, or the one that did the short anime promos for B2W2 and ORAS. I guess they didn't want to spend a high budget on trailers for DLC characters...

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
My fave reveal was Shulk because I made #MiiverseMemories the days after that

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hello people that are not here!
Favourite trailer you say? Well i will say that my favourite are:
Mega Man
Palutena
Ryu
Cloud
They have all something that i love in them.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Hello people that are not here!
Favourite trailer you say? Well i will say that my favourite are:
Mega Man
Palutena
Ryu
Cloud
They have all something that i love in them.
This new avatar is much better

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So I found this video,
Why wasn't Lanky an amiibo costume for Luffy in battle royal?
When will Monkey D. Fist get something like that video?:awesome:
Also would you guys actually want Luffy in smash?

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Played a bit of TF2 on Orange Box. Had a pretty good chain stab going. Started with a Heavy near spawn on 2Fort, Spy who backstabbed our Sniper, then 360 stabbed a Soldier entering from below the Sniper's canopy. Threw a taunt after the third kill and then saw an enemy Pyro charging at me.

Just as I though I was dead, he got crit rocket'd.

"Thanks, Gaben."

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
MHX is finally in Japan, and you know what that means: Music time!

I've been waiting for this theme for so long, and I may have to make it as one of my "prideful" themes for the time being. <3

As some of the fans say, "All hail Popodrome!"
(Popodrome is Gamuto's fan nickname btw)

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Being honest, Mega Man's and Rosalina's trailers were the only ones that really got me hyped. Little Mac's was somewhat hype worth too, I guess. The rest of the trailers I either A) never bothered to watch (Bowser Jr., DHD), B) hated (Palutena, Shulk, WFT), or C) didn't really care for (the rest).

:094:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
My most hype reveal was, oddly enough, Pac-Man. :4pacman:
Get ready for some tl;dr action coming your way. :seuss:

I remember the day of E3 2014, eagerly waiting to see any news on Smash. Above all, I was hoping for my most-wanted newcomer, Pac-Man. Everyone was saying that he would never happen, that he wouldn't fit in Smash, etc, but I kept my hopes alive.

The day wore on, and we got Miis (literally the only characters that I was really against being playable) and Palutena. I hoped for a reveal after the Smash Invitational, but nope. Defeated, I went to check SmashBoards (I was lurking all the time, but never made an account), and noticed the Pac-Man support thread was unusually active.

Went in, and people were hyped out the wazoo. Pac-Man was confirmed, and Nintendo announced it over Twitter of all things. I was shocked, and after seeing it for myself, I went insane. The next day, I got up early to see the trailer, and replayed it at least 20 times that same day.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Palutena was the only one that got me really hyped, because she was high on my wishlist, even though her reveal wasn't that exciting. You immediately knew who the newcomer was when the trailer started.
Bowser Jr. would have been hype too, had he not been leaked beforehand.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
For my first two custom slots for every character, I decided to go with 2222/3333 so I can play around with whatever moves I want at a given time without worrying about tweaking.
And I'm going to use the costumes those builds use in Smash Tour, to make them truly preset.

I've got most of them down, so if someone could help me with the few missing ones (which just aren't showing up for me), that would be great.

:4mario:2: Pink/Blue
:4mario:3: 'Murica
:4luigi:2: Pink
:4luigi:3: Fire
:4peach:2: ?????
:4peach:3: Green
:4bowser:2: Red
:4bowser:3: Green
:4yoshi:2: Yellow
:4yoshi:3: Red
:rosalina:2: Fire
:rosalina:3: Pink
:4bowserjr: doesn't change his costume.
:4wario:2: Green/Orange Biker
:4wario:3: Red/Black Biker
:4dk:2: White
:4dk:3: Blue
:4diddy:2: White/Yellow
:4diddy:3: Pink
:4gaw:2: Green
:4gaw:3: Red
:4littlemac:2: White
:4littlemac:3: Jogging hoodie
:4link:2: Skyward Sword
:4link:3: Dark Link
:4zelda:2: Purple/Blonde
:4zelda:3: White
:4sheik:2: Dark Blue
:4sheik:3: Yellow
:4ganondorf:2: Red
:4ganondorf:3: Smurf
:4tlink:2: NES Colors
:4tlink:3: Dark Toon Link
:4samus:2: Dark Samus
:4samus:3: Light Suit
:4zss:2: White
:4zss:3: Blue Shorts
:4pit:2: Blue
:4pit:3: Red
:4palutena:2: Red
:4palutena:3: Viridi
:4marth:2: White
:4marth:3: Roy
:4myfriends:2: Black Knight
:4myfriends:3: Red
:4robinf:2: Pink hair/white robe
:4robinm:3: Black hair/white robe
:4duckhunt:2: Beagle
:4duckhunt:3: Dalmatian
:4kirby:2: Yellow
:4kirby:3: Green
:4dedede:2: Pink
:4dedede:3: Green
:4metaknight:2: White
:4metaknight:3: Dark
:4fox:2: Dark Green
:4fox:3: Wolf
:4falco:2: Light Blue
:4falco:3: Red
:4pikachu:2: Goggles
:4pikachu:3: Focus Band
:4charizard:2: Green
:4charizard:3: White
:4lucario:2: Black
:4lucario:3: Purple
:4jigglypuff:2: Sun Hat
:4jigglypuff:3: ?????
:4greninja:2: Green
:4greninja:3: White
:4rob:2: ?????
:4rob:3: Virtual Boy
:4ness:2: Yellow
:4ness:3: ?????
:4falcon:2: Silver/Pink
:4falcon:3: ?????
:4villagerf:2: Pink
:4villager:3: Light Blue
:4olimar:2: Green
:4olimar:3: Red
:4wiifitm:2: Green (male)
:4wiifit:3: Yellow (female)
:4shulk:2: Swimsuit
:4shulk:3: White
:4drmario:2: Black
:4drmario:3: Light Blue
:4darkpit:2: Purple-ish
:4darkpit:3: White
:4lucina:2: Dark red hair, white outfit
:4lucina:3: Dark green hair, white outfit
:4pacman:2: Checkered gloves
:4pacman:3: Blue sleeves
:4megaman:2: Orange/Yellow
:4megaman:3: White/Red
:4sonic:2: Black
:4sonic:3: Gold

Tl:dr; I'm missing Peach 2, ROB 2, C. Falcon 3, Ness 3, and Jigglypuff 3.

Last edited:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Watching some automated MP4, and the DK computer player really has it out for Mario.

DK first used the Crystal Ball item to steal coins from Mario. After that, DK had enough coins to head out to the nearby Boo area and use his newly-earned cash to steal Mario's remaining Star.

Mario Party AI at its' dirtiest, ladies and gentlemen.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

are you going to be talking all in japanese again?
----
I keep coming here but I have nothing to talk about so what are you all talking about?

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
I think Little Mac's trailer had me the most hype. I don't even like punch out, but there was something about it that was amazing to me.

And everyone anticipated Roy and Ryu's trailers :p

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Looks like it's time for me to join this thread.

Regarding favorite reveal trailers, mine would probably have to go to Greninja's. I remember being a little excited when I learned this was going to have a Pokemon reveal. When the shadowed figure first showed up, I was among the many others that thought it was Mewtwo, but unlike the majority, I wasn't screaming with joy when "Mewtwo" first showed up. I just said, "Oh, Mewtwo is coming back. No surprise there since he just had a movie and two Mega Evolutions. Gee, I was really hoping for a new Pokemon to surprise us all." I wasn't all that interested in seeing Mewtwo, hence why I didn't react with excitement. I did enjoy watching the battle between Charizard and the Smash Bros all stars though, as that X/Y trainer battle remix only made things better.

When the ninja star intercepted Mario and Charizard's attacks, I was quite shocked and began to think what if the shadowed figure wasn't Mewtwo. Before long, the shadowed figure was revealed to be Greninja. I was absolutely surprised; I remember thinking to myself, "Is this a dream? Greninja, out of all the generation 6 Pokemon, was chosen to represent in Smash?" When the splash card jumped in and the gameplay footage began, my reaction became mixed with shock and happiness. Greninja was one of my top 3 favorite Pokemon at the time of the reveal (and he still remains that way to this day), and seeing him get into Smash was... amazing to see considering it was a wild card at the time regarding which generation 6 Pokemon would join the Smash roster. I loved how Greninja's moveset emphasized the ninja aspect to him, and perhaps my favorite part of the trailer was probably the moment after his splash card was revealed: I loved how he used Hydro Pump to escape the fighters as the best part of the X/Y trainer battle remix kicked in. Looking back, this reveal trailer gave me fond memories because Greninja became the very first fighter I was interested in playing for Smash Bros.

My runner-up favorite reveal trailer would probably have to be Palutena's reveal trailer. While it was obvious who the reveal was going to be right from the beginning, I absolutely loved watching that battle between Pit and Link in anime style with that epic music playing in the background (seriously, what is the name of that track, if it's from KI: Uprising?). It made me wish there was a Smash Bros anime.

Megaman's reveal trailer is a little behind Palutena's reveal trailer in terms of favorite reveal trailers. I remember wanting to see Megaman in Smash during the Brawl days, and seeing Megaman finally join the roster made me smile, not to mention the music and the action during the trailer only made things better.

Cloud is also around the top of the list since it was a reveal that no one was expecting, especially for me. When the stars first appeared, I didn't even think it was for Smash until the Smash Bros title card popped up. When they revealed the Final Fantasy title, I was thinking that perhaps this was a trailer reveal for Final Fantasy costumes (quite the odd thinking I had there). When the Cloud's model first showed up, I was thinking that I was looking at a Mii Costume... until the sword and the way the figure was holding it was shown on camera. I remember thinking, "Cloud?" My thoughts were spot on, as he was fully revealed shortly after. I was quite shocked, particularly because he didn't make any appearances on Nintendo consoles. The way he fought, though, made me interested in trying him out, especially when the Limit aspect to him was shown.

Ryu's reveal trailer would've been very high up on this list as well.... if only he wasn't leaked prior. I was very happy to see Ryu in Smash since he was a character I wanted to see in the game since my childhood days, though my hopes were shot down after Sakurai made the statement that he wouldn't include any fighting game characters. When the leak came around, I became very excited to see Ryu, and I remember trying to imagine what his reveal trailer would be like. When he was officially revealed, the reveal trailer did make me hyped to see Ryu... but I would've been much more hyped if he wasn't leaked prior, not to mention this trailer used in-game models before the gameplay footage was shown. I can understand why that was the case, but I personally wished to see Ryu's trailer using the SFIV graphics from the opening; now that would be pretty cool.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Looks like it's time for me to join this thread.

Regarding favorite reveal trailers, mine would probably have to go to Greninja's. I remember being a little excited when I learned this was going to have a Pokemon reveal. When the shadowed figure first showed up, I was among the many others that thought it was Mewtwo, but unlike the majority, I wasn't screaming with joy when "Mewtwo" first showed up. I just said, "Oh, Mewtwo is coming back. No surprise there since he just had a movie and two Mega Evolutions. Gee, I was really hoping for a new Pokemon to surprise us all." I wasn't all that interested in seeing Mewtwo, hence why I didn't react with excitement. I did enjoy watching the battle between Charizard and the Smash Bros all stars though, as that X/Y trainer battle remix only made things better.

When the ninja star intercepted Mario and Charizard's attacks, I was quite shocked and began to think what if the shadowed figure wasn't Mewtwo. Before long, the shadowed figure was revealed to be Greninja. I was absolutely surprised; I remember thinking to myself, "Is this a dream? Greninja, out of all the generation 6 Pokemon, was chosen to represent in Smash?" When the splash card jumped in and the gameplay footage began, my reaction became mixed with shock and happiness. Greninja was one of my top 3 favorite Pokemon at the time of the reveal (and he still remains that way to this day), and seeing him get into Smash was... amazing to see considering it was a wild card at the time regarding which generation 6 Pokemon would join the Smash roster. I loved how Greninja's moveset emphasized the ninja aspect to him, and perhaps my favorite part of the trailer was probably the moment after his splash card was revealed: I loved how he used Hydro Pump to escape the fighters as the best part of the X/Y trainer battle remix kicked in. Looking back, this reveal trailer gave me fond memories because Greninja became the very first fighter I was interested in playing for Smash Bros.

My runner-up favorite reveal trailer would probably have to be Palutena's reveal trailer. While it was obvious who the reveal was going to be right from the beginning, I absolutely loved watching that battle between Pit and Link in anime style with that epic music playing in the background (seriously, what is the name of that track, if it's from KI: Uprising?). It made me wish there was a Smash Bros anime.

Megaman's reveal trailer is a little behind Palutena's reveal trailer in terms of favorite reveal trailers. I remember wanting to see Megaman in Smash during the Brawl days, and seeing Megaman finally join the roster made me smile, not to mention the music and the action during the trailer only made things better.

Cloud is also around the top of the list since it was a reveal that no one was expecting, especially for me. When the stars first appeared, I didn't even think it was for Smash until the Smash Bros title card popped up. When they revealed the Final Fantasy title, I was thinking that perhaps this was a trailer reveal for Final Fantasy costumes (quite the odd thinking I had there). When the Cloud's model first showed up, I was thinking that I was looking at a Mii Costume... until the sword and the way the figure was holding it was shown on camera. I remember thinking, "Cloud?" My thoughts were spot on, as he was fully revealed shortly after. I was quite shocked, particularly because he didn't make any appearances on Nintendo consoles. The way he fought, though, made me interested in trying him out, especially when the Limit aspect to him was shown.

Ryu's reveal trailer would've been very high up on this list as well.... if only he wasn't leaked prior. I was very happy to see Ryu in Smash since he was a character I wanted to see in the game since my childhood days, though my hopes were shot down after Sakurai made the statement that he wouldn't include any fighting game characters. When the leak came around, I became very excited to see Ryu, and I remember trying to imagine what his reveal trailer would be like. When he was officially revealed, the reveal trailer did make me hyped to see Ryu... but I would've been much more hyped if he wasn't leaked prior, not to mention this trailer used in-game models before the gameplay footage was shown. I can understand why that was the case, but I personally wished to see Ryu's trailer using the SFIV graphics from the opening; now that would be pretty cool.
I have never watch Direct live and character reveal, prior to E3 2014 due to lack of laptop, pads, and smartphones, and time issues. But the character I hyped the most when it was reveal was Rosalina. Palutena was hype as well, but I already expect her to be confirmed.

Roy and Ryu on the other hand, yep, not hyped at all because of leaks. But Cloud, I was really really surprised.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Call me crazy, but I often flat-out forget that Greninja's in the roster.

Ever since he got banned from competitive Pokémon, it just felt dirty to raise one (even though I don't even play Pokémon competitively anymore). So it doesn't really feel like he has a point anymore.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hoo boy, it's finally happening. Getting up and actually doing things feels great sometimes.

So, out of all the newcomer reveals we've had so far which one(s) is/are your favorite(s)? I personally liked Palutena's and Cloud's the most.
Shulk, Greninja, Cloud, and Little Mac in that order.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Ever since he got banned from competitive Pokémon, it just felt dirty to raise one (even though I don't even play Pokémon competitively anymore). So it doesn't really feel like he has a point anymore.
That sounds like me with Rosalina, I never play her cause I keep forgetting she's in the game.

Luig

Confused

Why'd he get banned?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Why'd he get banned?
In X/Y, he was fine, albeit top-tier. ORAS brought back move tutors, though; now he can learn the powerful Gunk Shot, and that alone brought his already-huge potential to truly all-purpose because now he could deal with those troublesome Grass- and Fairy-Types. It was the straw that broke the frog's metagame.

Last edited:

Kitzu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kitzu77
Does anyone know any place where I can get good quality images of smash characters? The ones from the smash wikis have a shadow and the characters have an annoying white border. I also would like all palette swaps to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom