• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
What do you guys think would be a better timing? Shortly before Black Friday or shortly before Christmas?
For me? Or for Nintendo? If we are speaking in regard to the former, before Christmas as that would help sell the festive atmosphere that I long for. If we are referring to the latter, prior to Black Friday is beyond the most ideal time for them as a company.

D

Deleted member

I'll be honest and say Nintendo Directs are of low priority for me since I'm either busy a majority of the time to care or the fact that I place more effort into Disney news.
I'm not too interested in them right now, but hey, you've got to give something to the fans in order to chill them out.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sighhh. I need to write a book review report by next Friday. 600-800 words. Any ideas on how to muster the motivation to do it before the last minute?
Find something in the book which you can rant about. That will fill up the pages quite quickly.

:231:

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I found this on tumblr and although I am not much interested on undertale (tfw you question trends....), but I found this on tumblr:

http://thegrumpiestturtle.tumblr.co...er-mario-is-still-cool-right-and-undertale-is

Style is quite good tbh :)

EDIT: there;s more!

http://thegrumpiestturtle.tumblr.co...per-mario-is-cool-right-and-undertale-is-cool

That Paper Papyrus tho
I am required by law to like anything Undertale related
I'll be honest and say Nintendo Directs are of low priority for me since I'm either busy a majority of the time to care or the fact that I place more effort into Disney news.
I'll probably just end up watching the VOD since I've been pretty busy with moving, work, and planning for an upcoming vacation, but I'll try and catch it live if I have the chance.
If the direct airs around the same time that Fallout 4 comes out though all bets are off.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The drawing style is great, though the characters look rather out-of proportion. Saved.

my biggest complain tbh is the overdone sahder.

It is a thing in Paper Mario to have SLIGHT shader near the edges of stuff to similate reflection, but a lot of the time, it;s overdone in fanart.

The best Paper Mario style I ever saw was the one by Omni, just......it;s perfectly done:

it;s hard to see it, but if you zoom in, you clearly see a color shift on the very edges of stuff. The amoutn is so little thoguh that it doesn't disturb the view.

Seriously, Omni made the best impression of the artstyle so far :)

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Found the MGS HD collection at a store for R$53 today.
Remembered there's no backwards compatibility in the PS4.
****ing why

D

Deleted member

Found the MGS HD collection at a store for R$53 today.
Remembered there's no backwards compatibility in the PS4.
****ing why
Because Sony doesn't think backwards compatibility is important.
Microsoft apparently didn't think it was either but at least they're starting to rectify that.

TakeYourHeart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
solemnpancake
Ah, glad to see some cool stuff has been going down while I've been gone for the 6th time in a row. :p

That Paper Mario stuff looks rad, and it's good to hear Nintendo is ready for a Direct. They need to catch up some steam even if Iwata's prescience will be deeply missed.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Well, I suppose, but up to this point, the only Hero of Time we've had is OoT/MM Link.
I'm not denying the possibility of Female Link, just saying that a Link is not necessarily the Hero of Time.
After all, not every Link has traveled through time. I mean, OoA Link has, but you could argue that he's the Hero of "Ages", not "time".
Other Links were different heroes, like The Hero of Winds, The Hero of Twilight, and everyone's favorite: The Hero of Trains.
That's a fair point.

gg wp

D

Deleted member

Because Sony doesn't think backwards compatibility is important.
Microsoft apparently didn't either but at least they're starting to rectify that.
Coincidentally, this subject was being discussed in NintenZone Social.

Implementing PS3 backwards compatibility on a PS4 is easier said than done because of the former system's Cell architecture. As much as I like the PS3, that console was one of Sony's gaming division's biggest mistakes.

D

Deleted member

Coincidentally, this subject was being discussed in NintenZone Social.

Implementing PS3 backwards compatibility on a PS4 is easier said than done because of the former system's Cell architecture. As much as I like the PS3, that console was one of Sony's gaming division's biggest mistakes.
But Microsoft is implementing 360-to-One compatibility through emulation, unlike previous consoles where the old console was more or less built in. Is it not possible to do something like that with the PS4 or do I just not understand the situation?

D

Deleted member

But Microsoft is implementing 360-to-One compatibility through emulation, unlike previous consoles where the old console was more or less built in. Is it not possible to do something like that with the PS4?
I'm sure it's possible, but difficult. 360 and Xbone share similar architecture while PS3 and PS4 have vastly different architecture from each other, making PS3 backwards compatibility as challenging as it is.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But Microsoft is implementing 360-to-One compatibility through emulation, unlike previous consoles where the old console was more or less built in. Is it not possible to do something like that with the PS4 or do I just not understand the situation?
PS3's Cell architecture is very different from the PS4 (which is basically a mini-PC). You remember the news about games being difficult to develop for PS3?

D

Deleted member

I'm sure it's possible, but difficult. 360 and Xbone share similar architecture while PS3 and PS4 have vastly different architecture from each other, making PS3 backwards compatibility as challenging as it is.
Xbox 360 is PowerPC-based whereas Xbox One is x86-based. I doubt that would mean they both share the same architecture, but then again I could be wrong. If I recall correctly, the 360's CPU is a variant of the Cell processor found on the PS3.

Luig

Confused
The nintendo consoles are pretty backwards compatibility friendly... In fact, the Wii U is natively compatible with GCN games. Just boot one from Nintendon't.

I guess they just decided not to use that feature....

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I say yes.
But, that's just me....
It just requires the Hombrew channel and a sd card.
You won't brick it if you follow the instructions, if you're wondering.
Well seeing how I would still be voiding my warranty, its best to just use a Wii which I'm glad I still have

Last edited:

TakeYourHeart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
solemnpancake
Doesnt that requires hacking into your Wii U?

Is it worth the risk of voiding my warranty just to play some old games?
Would probably depend on how l33t your hackerz skills are. :p

A fair deal of Gamecube titles are being released to download down the line anyway, so it's your call to make.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
There's some division in my city because there's people calling to not celebrate Halloween and enforce el Día de Muertos; I will celebrate both :denzel:

D

Deleted member

The 360's processor was Xenon, actually.
I'm aware, but what I'm saying is that Xenon's three processing cores are slightly different variants of those found in Cell's "power processor element" or PPE for short.

Doesnt that requires hacking into your Wii U?

Is it worth the risk of voiding my warranty just to play some old games?
Even though it does void the warranty, I doubt anything will go wrong considering you're just booting up Wii Mode for that stuff and shouldn't affect the main Wii U operating system.

D

Deleted member

I still don't think it's completely impossible though. Take for example backwards compatibility for the OG Xbox to the 360, since the former is an incredibly complex console and doesn't even have any passably functioning emulators to this day (not even on the One, all Xbox games in Rare Replay were either remade for the One or ripped from the Xbox Arcade) but they still managed to get that working. I don't know why Sony hasn't done it yet if it is possible and just opted for PS Now.
Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm sure Sony could manage if they put fort the effort to do so.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Even though it does void the warranty, I doubt anything will go wrong considering you're just booting up Wii Mode for that stuff and shouldn't affect the main Wii U operating system.
Yeah but Id rather still have the warranty in the event something does happen to the wii u in the future. Who knows what could happen

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I used to hack my Wii to add Smash textures and play Project M and Brawl Minus, but I had to uninstall everything every time a System Update was released and then reinstall it.... in the end I got lazy and played Vanilla Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom