• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
By admitting to be underage. There's nothing stopping you from lying.

:231:
I am actually three years of age, pls believe me.

Heh, it's funny, because I almost ended up making an account before I was "of age", back when Smash4 speculation was quiet, before it was even formally announced.... I had no idea there WAS even an age limit at the time, the only thing that held me back was the fear of being laughed at for being a kid!

Turns out it's a good thing I waited, haha. :chuckle:
What is the age limit anyways? I have seen quite a few prepubescent users on this site, so... It cannot be that exclusive, correct?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
It looks like Envy/Erika decided to delete her account.

This is the first time I've seen someone voluntarily choose to get their account deleted outright. Ugh, why did she so that?
I think because of self-protection. She didn't want to be here anymore but wasn't able to leave for good by herself. I do wonder how she deleted her account.

What is the age limit anyways? I have seen quite a few prepubescent users on this site, so... It cannot be that exclusive, correct?
13 and above is fine.

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
It is really sad that she did decide to close her account but i will not forget her... :(
I am actually three years of age, pls believe me.

The age limit is 13 years old.

Morbi

Scavenger
It is really sad that she did decide to close her account but i will not forget her... :(

The age limit is 13 years old.
Ah, that seems... Utterly arbitrary. I started playing Smash when I was five. But if I wanted an account here, I would have been discriminated against. The inhumanity!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I guess my edit was late.
She asked an admin to delete her account, basically.

It's her choice I suppose. Nothing we can do about it, except remembering her.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
It looks like Envy/Erika decided to delete her account.

This is the first time I've seen someone voluntarily choose to get their account deleted outright. Ugh, why did she so that?

EDIT: To clarify, it means she asked an admin to delete her account.
Well, she did say her pregnancy test results came back positive recently, so we can tell she's going through hard times right now. I just hope things get better for her in the end.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
How can you even delete your account by your own when it's impossible to do so? Unless she contacted an administrator, that is.
She most likely contacted an admin as you stated.
I think because of self-protection. She didn't want to be here anymore but wasn't able to leave for good by herself. I do wonder how she deleted her account.

13 and above is fine.
Asked an admin to do so. Can't really do much about it :/
I do hope things get better for her.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ah, that seems... Utterly arbitrary. I started playing Smash when I was five. But if I wanted an account here, I would have been discriminated against. The inhumanity!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's_Online_Privacy_Protection_Act

It's based on US law.

Well, she did say her pregnancy test results came back positive recently, so we can tell she's going through hard times right now. I just hope things get better for her in the end.
Oh, I understand that she's been through a lot recently.

People usually go on hiatuses at times like these, for years on end if necessary. The decision to get her account deleted stung me, that's all.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, Smashboards has that magnetic effect on a person. They keep coming back to spend time with people that they are interested in maintaining a discussion with and whatnot. It was probably the most logical course of action for her, especially if she needs to transition into a more responsible and productive member of society.

Morbi

Scavenger
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children's_Online_Privacy_Protection_Act

It's based on US law.

Oh, I understand that she's been through a lot recently.

People usually go on hiatuses at times like these, for years on end if necessary. The decision to get her account deleted stung me, that's all.
Yes, of course. I thought it was quite clear that I was joking. Mostly because that notion does not pertain to discrimination and I ended the post with "Oh the humanity." Last time I checked, people do not really say that unless they are an aspiring actor/actresses.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Ah well, **** happens, life goes on. That's what happens in an online community like this one. In a few years from now, 95% of us will be gone and forgotten too. Sure, it's likely Smash 5 will get revealed one day but I doubt most if not all of us will go back here.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Ah well, **** happens, life goes on. That's what happens in an online community like this one. In a few years from now, 95% of us will be gone and forgotten too. Sure, it's likely Smash 5 will get revealed one day but I doubt most if not all of us will go back here.
No kidding. By the time Smash 5 gets revealed, half of us may not even care anymore. Some of us may even have kids by then.

Morbi

Scavenger
That is the beauty of this site though, I had a lot of internet friends from when speculation was in its prime that are no longer with us (not implying that there were murdered or anything like that, they are just not here with us currently, as in they are elsewhere... Doing something else). However, I met a lot of people here more recently. And, a year from now, I will probably be acquainted with different people. When Smash 5 is revealed, a whole new generation of speculators will mingle with me.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Oddly enough, I lost contact to some IRL friends when we use to play the same MMORPG together. I had to move and eventually lost contact with them.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
No kidding. By the time Smash 5 gets revealed, half of us may not even care anymore. Some of us may even have kids by then.
Yup, although having children doesn't automatically mean you can't join back into the speculation business.

That is the beauty of this site though, I had a lot of internet friends from when speculation was in its prime that are no longer with us (not implying that there were murdered or anything like that, they are just not here with us currently, as in there are elsewhere... Doing something else). However, I met a lot of people here more recently. And, a year from now, I will probably be acquainted with different people. When Smash 5 is revealed, a whole new generation of speculators will mingle with me.
Yup and some of those speculators weren't alive when Melee was released. :smirk:
But then again, neither were you. :lick:

Oddly enough, I lost contact to some IRL friends when we use to play the same MMORPG together. I had to move and eventually lost contact with them.
Same. Those two guys I played Guild Wars with, I lost contact with them after we graduated. Well, they, actually, I failed.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Yup, although having children doesn't automatically mean you can't join back into the speculation business.

Yup and some of those speculators weren't alive when Melee was released. :smirk:
But then again, neither were you. :lick:
Correct. Speculation takes precedence to raising children.

Um... yes? I was very much alive if I recall correctly.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I've had a new favourite smash socialer but I won't say who it is so people don't feel sad that I like someone more but I bet people could probably guess who it is.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Um... yes? I was very much alive if I recall correctly.
Whoops, I thought that emoticon made it clear I was kidding. My bad.

I've had a new favourite smash socialer but I won't say who it is so people don't feel sad that I like someone more but I bet people could probably guess who it is.
Bluehaven, BlueX or Wolf.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Aww, you're making me blush.
Le Woody.png

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I lost contact with my school/childhood friends when I entered high school (except a few). And again when I entered college (luckily, many chose the same college as me.)
I don't care about a refund I'd rather just pass the torch so to speak to someone else.
I think that's possible, rounded to the nearest month... probably. Ask Warchamp.

:231:

Morbi

Scavenger
Whoops, I thought that emoticon made it clear I was kidding. My bad.
No, it is my fault. So many years of emoticon spam have desensitized me to what they are supposed to entail. I used to put this ":awesome:" at the end of every post just because. I am not even sure what it is supposed to indicate.

My favorite Smash Social member is most certainly myself, clearly.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Kinda sad that she outright deleted her account, but I wish her the best with everything.

There will come a time where we all will leave, after all.

D

Deleted member

I've had many friends come and go over the years, **** like that just happens. The best we can do is move on and wish them the best.
I was unaware Envy was pregnant though, and I hope things turn out well for her in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom