• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luig

Confused
Too bad the American Department stores like Walmart are trying to kill Thanksgiving by changing Black Friday sales to start ON Thanksgiving

I just want to eat Turkey
Yeah, I hate how big stores skip over Thanksgiving.

Ok, they just don't want to be thankful for the fact that they have money. Whatevs.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, I hate how big stores skip over Thanksgiving.

Ok, they just don't want to be thankful for the fact that they have money. Whatevs.
I don't shop on Black Friday

I WORK on Black Friday

and now I have to work through all that crap and don't get Thanksgiving dinner

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Thanksgiving is also a good day to watch some Football.
It's the second most American thing to do that day.
Too bad the American Department stores like Walmart are trying to kill Thanksgiving by changing Black Friday sales to start ON Thanksgiving
Hell, stores try to roll out Christmas merchandise around Halloween along with pushing Black Friday deals before Black Friday.

Don't we all?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Black Friday sales to start ON Thanksgiving
"I want to thank that guy at Walmart that gave me the Playstation 4 with 50% discount he was holding after I punched him numerous times in the face"

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's funny about Black Friday is EVERY register is open

But because people are so much sheep, they ONLY get in a couple lanes and complain how the lines are so long

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Okay, anyone else here likes a character but doesn't know why?
As in, "I like this character, even though there isn't a reason for me to do so".
I'm feeling this way with Asriel. I love this character, hell, he's my favorite Undertale character, and I think I'm even gonna go as far to say he's my second favorite character of ALL TIME (behind Yoshi).
It's so weird, he doesn't get even 5 minutes of screen time (not counting the battle against him), why do I like him so much??

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Okay, anyone else here likes a character but doesn't know why?
As in, "I like this character, even though there isn't a reason for me to do so".
I'm feeling this way with Asriel. I love this character, hell, he's my favorite Undertale character, and I think I'm even gonna go as far to say he's my second favorite character of ALL TIME (behind Yoshi).
It's so weird, he doesn't get even 5 minutes of screen time (not counting the battle against him), why do I like him so much??
I like King Dedede in this manner. I guess it's mainly because of Brawl, but then again, I don't play Kirby

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Actually, they really weren't the first to discover America.

Here's an interesting read: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...-question-who-were-first-americans-180951469/
Interesting. I should get to reading all of it later. Right now I'm a bit busy.
I wouldn't say that a tribal race that's been native to a certain land for many years count as discovering it. If that were the case, then such an insignificant holiday wouldn't exist. I too am in the camp that feels the holiday really isn't that important as the Holy Trinity of Holidays (Christmas, Halloween, and Thanksgiving).
Except they were there before Columbus. The thing is, a history and culture of colonisation has made holidays exist to celebrate someone 'discovering' a country.
In Australia people debate whether we should celebrate Australia Day, claiming that celebrating when Captain Cook discovered Australia is wrong. I doubt many celebrate that at all now, especially since people consider British colonisation as an invasion. If anything, it's become a day to celebrate being Australia and the things we have in Aus.
In schools now, the terms European Settlement/Settlers have been replaced with European Invasion/Invaders. You'll only see it be refered to as Colonisation or Discovery in old text books. We're taught that the Indigenous Australians are the ones that discovered Australia. Having inhabited the country for thousands of years doesn't affect their status as being the discoverers.
Yes, Europeans discovered Australia. But they were not the first, not by a long shot. Similarly, European explorers discovered America but they couldn't have been the first if there were people already there.

Last edited:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
I don't want turkey on Thanksgiving I want ham and those gelatin-esque cranberries that come in cans

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

For me its the cranberry sause. I love me some cranberry sause-
I don't want turkey on Thanksgiving I want ham and those gelatin-esque cranberries that come in cans
This guy understands me on a personal level right here
It's the second most American thing to do that day.
You forgot " drinking -redacted- "

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've gradually been thinking about getting back into my Fakemon phase. I had finally decided what would make good legendaries before I stopped the last time, but I was having design problems and I just remembered why.

It's Scylla and Charbydis.

One has like ten heads and a crudton of tentacles, and the other's just a bag with flippers and a face.

How on earth am I supposed to even make those polar opposites look like Pokemon, let alone like they belong together and are Legendaries?!

Also if anyone has any ideas for new animal Pokemon, feel free to throw them out there in case I get randomly inspired.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Every holiday should have their own distinct meal

No two should have the same thing

If Thanksgiving is Turkey, Christmas should be something else. Perhaps ham

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
For me its the cranberry sause. I love me some cranberry sause-

This guy understands me on a personal level right here

You forgot " drinking -whale reproductive fluids- "
FTFY
One has like ten heads and a crudton of tentacles, and the other's just a bag with flippers and a face.

How on earth am I supposed to even make those polar opposites look like Pokemon, let alone like they belong together and are Legendaries?!

Also if anyone has any ideas for new animal Pokemon, feel free to throw them out there in case I get randomly inspired.
Easy, they're related to Cthulhu and/or some other Elder God

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Random question all of a sudden... on Christmas do you usually eat ham or turkey?
Sometimes I eat ham, but most of the time is Pork Leg... stuffed with bacon :denzel:
I almost never eat turkey... actually I dislike turkey

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Every holiday should have their own distinct meal

No two should have the same thing

If Thanksgiving is Turkey, Christmas should be something else. Perhaps ham
But what about the countries that don't celebrate Thanksgiving? :substitute:
Mmm, I'd have to say I'm a turkey kind of person! :4iggy:
And I'd have to say that my family ends making both of them anyways :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
FTFY

Easy, they're related to Cthulhu and/or some other Elder God
Cute, but it doesn't answer my question.

At least not in a way my mind can grasp the true form of, anyway. :awesome:

My problem is one has too much detail and the other doesn't have enough.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Random question all of a sudden... on Christmas do you usually eat ham or turkey?
Both actually.
Though I seem to eat more turkey than ham at Christmas.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My family didn't used to make ham for either in the past

Recently, I've been making ham for the holidays

I saturate it in honey

Taste delicious

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't like ham.

It tastes a little like hot dogs.

Don't like those either.

They both taste a little like eating a solid hunk of barf. That's just me, though.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Cute, but it doesn't answer my question.

At least not in a way my mind can grasp the true form of, anyway. :awesome:

My problem is one has too much detail and the other doesn't have enough.
Uuuhhh. One is four-dimensional and it looks simple because that's just the tip of its finger. The other is just a funky looking cosmic horror that is still plenty 3D, so we see the full-body.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I speak no hyperbole when I say that I believe that this is the finest episode Jim Sterling has ever produced.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Uuuhhh. One is four-dimensional and it looks simple because that's just the tip of its finger. The other is just a funky looking cosmic horror that is still plenty 3D, so we see the full-body.
When it comes to Eldritch horrors, I mostly just want to stick to Master Core. I want to write a fic or a dozen about him, but I keep forgetting to do anything with my time.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
When it comes to Eldritch horrors, I mostly just want to stick to Master Core. I want to write a fic or a dozen about him, but I keep forgetting to do anything with my time.
Master Core doesn't really strike me as an eldritch horror, just a powerful black mass of stuff
But I guess what people see as a cosmic horror varies
If you ever do write the fic remember that Master and Crazy Hand can create/destroy a universe at full-power, which likely means that Mater Core is still holding back when you fight it

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh, speaking of food talk:

I asked someone to order Pizza Hut a couple days ago, and they ordered a pizza with a Honey Spice crust.

The problem is, I was not informed of this choice at first, and every time I ate that crust, it lit my mouth on fire. The fact that hot wing sauce got onto one side of the pizza did NOT help.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh, speaking of food talk:

I asked someone to order Pizza Hut a couple days ago, and they ordered a pizza with a Honey Spice crust.

The problem is, I was not informed of this choice at first, and every time I ate that crust, it lit my mouth on fire. The fact that hot wing sauce got onto one side of the pizza did NOT help.
Ok, I have got to try this pizza It sounds amazing

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I speak no hyperbole when I say that I believe that this is the finest episode Jim Sterling has ever produced.
I love how they still believe they have a case against him after they started everything with their Review the Reviewer videos and their fake DMCA claim.
I really, REALLY hope Jim takes those ******** to court and sues them, removing one of the tumors from the Steam market.

Last edited:

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Am I the only one who doesn't get scared by Giygas?
No, he could've been scarier but Nintendo would need to approve an M+ RPG game.

Man tonight hasn't been a good night for sleepy people to bye

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo
A summary of my most recent play session of Persona 4:
I established the Social Links of Nanako, Dojima, and The Shrine Fox, and I raised my SL with Chie up to level 2.
I equipped Yosuke with some wrenches as well.
I beat Shadow Yukiko on my 3rd try, because 3RD TIME IS THE CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM.
Also, **** Shadow Yukiko.
I also had the rainy day special, studied a few times, and worked at the day care center once.
I fused a few personas, and ended up getting some good fusions, including Jack Frost, and a few others.
I bought a book.
I REALLY need to raise my courage.
Current in Game date is the day before midterms (I think it's May 8th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom