• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social 6.0 - 『ONE YEAR OF SOCIAL 6.0!』

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeYourHeart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
solemnpancake
So then! Anyone else been having fun with the latest patch? Nothing but fun for me!
I haven't gotten to play yet, but more shield stun sounds like it's perfect for the meta. Shields less good=grab less good=the top tiers are less dumb.

Btw, I love your sig. FORE!

A guy with a shovel could 1v1 world leaders and win have you ever thought of that
COMING TO WWE, SHOVEL KNIGHT VS OBAMA, THE SMACKDOWN OF THE CENTURY.

Last edited:

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
I just barely looked at the new title for the Social Thread. Just replace era with school year and you got me in a nutshell. :p

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I would really like to see my brother trying Melee for the first time. I really want to play with him instead of CPU's. What is the best way to introduce Smash to him?

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I haven't gotten to play yet, but more shield stun sounds like it's perfect for the meta. Shields less good=grab less good=the top tiers are less dumb.

Btw, I love your sig. FORE!
On the flip side rolling is now more meta and yes! Pika golf is the best sport!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't get everyone clearing out due to lack of GIFs/memes. Most of them weren't even that funny, and we can still have a lot of fun just by coming up with interesting topics of discussion.

Heck, if it were just a smidge more populated in this thread, the actual meaningful posts would be far better than anything the memes offered.
Well, different people have different tastes as to what's funny (no examples) It sort of depends on who's the moderator, as well. Rather complicated.

The thread seems to have settled at a steady 420 posts/day (10.5 pages), by the way. I measured back on 15th Sept, and it's about the same today.
Looks like activity has plateaued. This is definitely a first for us.

Meanwhile, the NintenZone Social is rapidly growing (589 posts a day measured on 27th Sept and 662 today)... and inheriting the problems that come with rising activity.

:231:

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I would really like to see my brother trying Melee for the first time. I really want to play with him instead of CPU's. What is the best way to introduce Smash to him?
Probably easier to start with Sm4sh then melee if you wanna play him seriously.
If you just wanna have fun I mean, they're all good for that

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't get everyone clearing out due to lack of GIFs/memes. Most of them weren't even that funny, and we can still have a lot of fun just by coming up with interesting topics of discussion.

Heck, if it were just a smidge more populated in this thread, the actual meaningful posts would be far better than anything the memes offered.
No offence but I dont come to this thread to talk about the state of the thread
inheriting the problems that come with rising activity.
What problems are those anyway?-
Oh hey TPP is playing AA: Investigations music

Last edited:

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164

That explains the small periods where nobody posts anything. Here I thought it was because of school or work that made the thread inactive for a bit. Eh, I don't care much about memes or GIFs. They're funny, yes, but I have much fun having witty conversations with you guys. :)

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
No offence but I dont come to this thread to talk about the state of the thread

What problems are those anyway?-
Oh hey TPP is playing AA: Investigations music
Sorry Alpaca-san.

I'm curious about the same thing, though. My posts seem to be the most ineloquent in that thread, so it can't be mere post quality.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Probably easier to start with Sm4sh then melee if you wanna play him seriously.
If you just wanna have fun I mean, they're all good for that
Chudat. He would find Melee very hard if teach him tech. Smash 4 might be easier to play.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Sorry Alpaca-san.
Its all good pff and
Unrelated but I struggled beteween using offence and offense in that sentence for some reason
Chudat. He would find Melee very hard if teach him tech. Smash 4 might be easier to play.
Well does he even care about "tech" or does he just wanna play to play?

Last edited:

TakeYourHeart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
solemnpancake
Well, different people have different tastes as to what's funny (no examples) It sort of depends on who's the moderator, as well. Rather complicated.

The thread seems to have settled at a steady 420 posts/day (10.5 pages), by the way. I measured back on 15th Sept, and it's about the same today.
Looks like activity has plateaued. This is definitely a first for us.

Meanwhile, the NintenZone Social is rapidly growing (589 posts a day measured on 27th Sept and 662 today)... and inheriting the problems that come with rising activity.

I feel like every time you end your posts with something even a little negative it's like;

:231::I cannot believe this garbage.
:231::Why did I join this godforsaken site?
:231::Why am I moderating this godforsaken site?
:231::Why couldn't have I gone to med school like ma asked?
:231::*Internal screaming*

(Jk, I know you love this site. @Space Stranger or @crazyal02 should make you a Phanphy sprite that is slightly shaking for your moments of unbridled rage tho.)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I near scared myself because I thought I lost my Master Sword stylus
It's hard to keep tabs on the thread - which is probably why Opossum was added to mod NintenZone too.

The NintenZone Social seems prone to fights breaking out, which is probably worse than the meme issues here.

Ooooh Ok I see, God Bless you all that mod there

Last edited:

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
I just went to the NintenZone Social Thread and holy ****. There are 40 users on that thread alone. That's the most I ever seen.

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Well does he even care about "tech" or does he just wanna play to play?
I am not sure if he has played Smash before despite the fact he actually owned a copy of Brawl before. He would of never heard of any of the tech Melee has. I think it would be better if i played with him for fun then maybe introduce him to competitive Smash.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I feel like every time you end your posts with something even a little negative it's like;

:231::I cannot believe this garbage.
:231::Why did I join this godforsaken site?
:231::Why am I moderating this godforsaken site?
:231::Why couldn't have I gone to med school like ma asked?
:231::*Internal screaming*

(Jk, I know you love this site. @Space Stranger or @crazyal02 should make you a Phanphy sprite that is slightly shaking for your moments of unbridled rage tho.)
That's why he should use Donphan for srs stuff
:232:

It's hard to keep tabs on the thread - which is probably why Opossum was added to mod NintenZone too.

The NintenZone Social seems prone to fights breaking out, which is probably worse than the meme issues here.

That's why I stay away from there; I just see clashes and like fests

D

Deleted member

I just went to the NintenZone Social Thread and holy ****. There are 40 users on that thread alone. That's the most I ever seen.
Yeah, it's very active. Last time I've seen that amount (or more) was when the last few updates came out (and the pre-release hype).

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413
Hm, perhaps sometime later in the month, I'll use a few Sableye avis I've been meaning to use at some point. Ghost type mons go quite well with the Halloween theme, or at least I think they do anyway. :p
Granted, it wasn't what I originally had planned (my pattern in avis is a dead giveaway), but eh this works just fine either way.

I've been to that thread before (never posted there though) and I swear I always seem to drop in during an argument that's getting or has gone off the rails. Sheesh, talk about hostile...

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
I think I only watched a part of Ice Age 1 as a kid and I watched the one where that squirrel? with the nut gag gets a girlfriend. They were all boring in general. :p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
(Oh boy, not this again)

Who the heck is Manny the Mammoth?
Another
generic
Disney
character?
*Pauses Nascar*
TRIGGRED

....wait I can't pause Nascar

And " SERIIBI SEMPAI NOTICE ME"
Well, gotta check that :251:

On moar Nascar stuff, the dude that crashed yestarday suffered a compression fracture on the lower back, fortunately he'll make a full recovery.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hmm, avatars. I'm not going to use a Halloween avatar given the fact I don't celebrate it nor do I care much for the thing, but hey, that's just me. I may or may not use something entirely unrelated on October 31st instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom