• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASH 4-CE Online Tournament (2/21/15)

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
REQUIRED TO ENTER:
Challonge Account
Twitch.tv Account
Super Smash Bros. For Wii U

DATE: 2/21/15
TIME: 7 P.M. PACIFIC, 10 P.M. EASTERN

In order to enter, just enter at challonge: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/UPl877kYew

I will be streaming on my Twitch.TV account, that is where chatting will take place between players. I may decide to host an IRC channel instead if someone can recommend a good one. My Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/ATH45
If I'm not streaming direct matches from the tourney, I'll be helping people out in chat. Please use the group feature on twitch if you know how to.

PLEASE BE FAMILIAR WITH THE RULES BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT BEGINS!

RULES
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

General
  • Double Elimination bracket
  • Breaking of rules may result in loss of a match, removal from tourney, or banning from future tourneys.
A. Game Settings
  • Stocks are set to 3 and Time is set to 8 minutes
  • All matches must be played best of 3 (⅔ to win) with the exception of Winner’s Finals, Loser’s Finals, and Grand Finals which are played best of 5 (⅗ to win).
  • Custom Fighters are turned off
  • Mii Fighters are allowed but must use default Specials. No equipment allowed.
B. Stage List
Starter Stages (9)
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Town & City
  • Duck Hunt
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Kongo Jungle 64
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Castle Siege
Counterpick Stages (4)
  • Wuhu Island
  • Halberd
  • Skyloft
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
Stage Striking:
During game 1, both players strikes in a 1:2:2:2: pick fashion. The player with the higher seed number strikes first and strikes 1 stage from the starter stage list. The player with the lower seed number then strikes 2 stages from the starter stage list. The player with the higher seed number then strikes 2 stages from the starter stage list. The player with the lower seed number then strikes 2 stages from the starter stage list. Finally, the player with the higher seed number picks a stage of the remaining two, and both players select that stage in it’s non-omega form.

During games 2 and 3, all previous stage strikes are removed. The Winner of the previous game strikes 3 stages from the Stage List (Both Starters and Counterpicks). The Loser of the previous game selects a counterpick stage from the remaining stages.

C. Other Rules

Character Rule:
During the setup of game 2 and game 3, the Winner of the previous game will select their character and announce to their opponent who they are picking. Then, the Loser of the previous game will select their character and announce to their opponent who they are picking. Both players MUST select the characters they announce, otherwise the match may be forfeited by those who break the rule.

Gentleman’s Rule/Gentlewoman’s Rule:
Any stage can be played on if both players agree to it. If a player breaks a rule but both players allow it to pass, then they may continue, however this can NOT pertain to the “Game Settings” section or the Tie Breaker rules.

DSR (Dave’s Stupid Rule):
A player/team may not pick any stage they previously won on during the set.

Palutena’s Temple:
If any one or both of the players clearly states that Final Destination’s background is intrusive, Omega Palutena’s Temple will replace Final Destination on the stage list for the game in question.

Disconnection Rule:
If a player is disconnected due to internet from a game more than 2 times in a match, they must forfeit. The player who is disconnected is defined by who is brought back to the Main Menu and who is brought to the With Friends screen. A player brought back to the Main Menu after receiving a disconnection error will count as the player who disconnected.

Sudden Death Rule: (Sudden Death’s result does not count towards anything)
If the timer runs out during any game, the player with the highest amount of stocks is declared the winner of that game. If the stock count between both players is equal, then the player with the lowest percent is declared the winner of that game. If both the stock count and percentages are equal, then a tie breaker will occur. TIE BREAKER RULES: 1 Stock, 2 minutes on Timer.​

Responsibility - All players are in charge of keeping track of their chat logs, replays, and any agreement made between players.

BY THE WAY: If you want to be seeded properly, please send some sort of rank you made in a tourney with the amount of total players. Thank you. Otherwise you will be seeded at the lowest in a random order.

Last edited:

dudemofo

Smash Rookie
I would love to join this but I'm going to be at Disneyland that day >.<

XerothFZ

Smash Rookie
sure I'll join! XerothFZ is my universal name, its the same for all 3.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
The OP says it's at 10pm EST, but the Challonge link says 5pm EST...which is it?

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697

FKA Kobra

Smash Cadet
NNID
super-kobe-10
As long as I dont have to play zelda then ima be there. Got taken out by zelda 2 times in a row.

XerothFZ

Smash Rookie
I officially signed up, so my place-holder thats there can be taken out whenever you have the time~

Wobz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
WobzGames
REQUIRED TO ENTER:
Challonge Account
Twitch.tv Account
Super Smash Bros. For Wii U

DATE: 2/21/15
TIME: 7 P.M. PACIFIC, 10 P.M. EASTERN

In order to enter, just enter at challonge: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/UPl877kYew

I will be streaming on my Twitch.TV account, that is where chatting will take place between players. I may decide to host an IRC channel instead if someone can recommend a good one. My Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/ATH45
If I'm not streaming direct matches from the tourney, I'll be helping people out in chat. Please use the group feature on twitch if you know how to.

PLEASE BE FAMILIAR WITH THE RULES BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT BEGINS!

RULES
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

General
  • Double Elimination bracket
  • Breaking of rules may result in loss of a match, removal from tourney, or banning from future tourneys.
A. Game Settings
  • Stocks are set to 3 and Time is set to 8 minutes
  • All matches must be played best of 3 (⅔ to win) with the exception of Winner’s Finals, Loser’s Finals, and Grand Finals which are played best of 5 (⅗ to win).
  • Custom Fighters are turned off
  • Mii Fighters are allowed but must use default Specials. No equipment allowed.
B. Stage List
Starter Stages (9)
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Town & City
  • Duck Hunt
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Kongo Jungle 64
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Castle Siege
Counterpick Stages (4)
  • Wuhu Island
  • Halberd
  • Skyloft
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
Stage Striking:
During game 1, both players strikes in a 1:2:2:2: pick fashion. The player with the higher seed number strikes first and strikes 1 stage from the starter stage list. The player with the lower seed number then strikes 2 stages from the starter stage list. The player with the higher seed number then strikes 2 stages from the starter stage list. The player with the lower seed number then strikes 2 stages from the starter stage list. Finally, the player with the higher seed number picks a stage of the remaining two, and both players select that stage in it’s non-omega form.

During games 2 and 3, all previous stage strikes are removed. The Winner of the previous game strikes 3 stages from the Stage List (Both Starters and Counterpicks). The Loser of the previous game selects a counterpick stage from the remaining stages.

C. Other Rules

Character Rule:
During the setup of game 2 and game 3, the Winner of the previous game will select their character and announce to their opponent who they are picking. Then, the Loser of the previous game will select their character and announce to their opponent who they are picking. Both players MUST select the characters they announce, otherwise the match may be forfeited by those who break the rule.

Gentleman’s Rule/Gentlewoman’s Rule:
Any stage can be played on if both players agree to it. If a player breaks a rule but both players allow it to pass, then they may continue, however this can NOT pertain to the “Game Settings” section or the Tie Breaker rules.

DSR (Dave’s Stupid Rule):
A player/team may not pick any stage they previously won on during the set.

Palutena’s Temple:
If any one or both of the players clearly states that Final Destination’s background is intrusive, Omega Palutena’s Temple will replace Final Destination on the stage list for the game in question.

Disconnection Rule:
If a player is disconnected due to internet from a game more than 2 times in a match, they must forfeit. The player who is disconnected is defined by who is brought back to the Main Menu and who is brought to the With Friends screen. A player brought back to the Main Menu after receiving a disconnection error will count as the player who disconnected.

Sudden Death Rule: (Sudden Death’s result does not count towards anything)
If the timer runs out during any game, the player with the highest amount of stocks is declared the winner of that game. If the stock count between both players is equal, then the player with the lowest percent is declared the winner of that game. If both the stock count and percentages are equal, then a tie breaker will occur. TIE BREAKER RULES: 1 Stock, 2 minutes on Timer.​

Responsibility - All players are in charge of keeping track of their chat logs, replays, and any agreement made between players.

BY THE WAY: If you want to be seeded properly, please send some sort of rank you made in a tourney with the amount of total players. Thank you. Otherwise you will be seeded at the lowest in a random order.
I played in Salty Showdown 12 hosted by ADAPTchance I want to be seeded proberly (If not its completely ok) I tied for 9th in a 137 player tournament
http://challonge.com/qu4qmp73
ALSO: Is there going to be a player cap? cuz having 100+ people in a double elimination tournament is gonna take a while

Last edited:

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
I played in Salty Showdown 12 hosted by ADAPTchance I want to be seeded proberly (If not its completely ok) I tied for 9th in a 137 player tournament
http://challonge.com/qu4qmp73
ALSO: Is there going to be a player cap? cuz having 100+ people in a double elimination tournament is gonna take a while
Probably a 64 cap, but as of right now it doesn't seem we'll hit that. If we start getting an abundance of players I'll make the cap clear.

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
7 P.M. Pacific seems pretty late for a tournament, let alone 10, don't you think?

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
7 P.M. Pacific seems pretty late for a tournament, let alone 10, don't you think?
I made it that way to ensure people could do it, but I'm considering moving it up 2 hours or so.

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
I'll do that for the next tourney then. Apologies. Also nice to see you around, ^^
Don't apologize, if I can enter I will for sure, no guarantees though. Nice to see you around too, hopefully we can have a rematch sometime soon.

Lymion

Smash Rookie
This is my first tournament so I don't know how this works. I know the rules of the tournament, but how do we all "meet" up or check in before the tourney starts? Also I don't have a twitch, do I need one? How do I communicate with the other players?

Torterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Serranokids
3DS FC
4356-2568-8654
Yeah, sorry, I won't be able to join. Next time maybe though. Any chance you can host another tournament Sunday?

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
This is my first tournament so I don't know how this works. I know the rules of the tournament, but how do we all "meet" up or check in before the tourney starts? Also I don't have a twitch, do I need one? How do I communicate with the other players?
As it states at the very top of the post, a Twitch.tv account is required to communicate with players through chat. Check-ins open before it starts, you check-in using Challonge. Please read the post carefully, if you have any more questions, ask away ^^

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Definitely interested in entering. Should be able to make it.

For seeding purposes:

Should be a great time if I am able to make it.

Last edited by a moderator:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
This'll be fun! I just signed up. :)

For reference:
Challonge: A10theHero
Twitch.tv: A10theHero
NNID: A10theHero

Last edited:

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
TOURNEY IS TOMORROW, STILL TAKING SIGN UPS! Thank you for everyone who has joined so far, this ought to be really fun!

atomicblast360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AtomicBlast360
Really disagree with the whole 3 stocks 8 minutes thing, very sluggish to watch and play, Apex/Evo rules are the best way to go IMO, but regardless, I'm in.

Tyler Rand

Smash Rookie
I dont know how im suposed to play in the tounament. Im already signed in but i dont know how to get into the game.
Nnid: T-alsome

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
I dont know how im suposed to play in the tounament. Im already signed in but i dont know how to get into the game.
Nnid: T-alsome
Read the original post, please. Like all of it, and you'll know how ^^

Top Bottom