• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Smash 3DS "Unused" (not at all) HighQuality 3DModels/Textures.

av448

Smash Cadet
Most of us surely suspected that this happened. But now there is reliable proof.

The Models that the characters use in Battles are not the same that the ones in the Victory Screens. In the Victory Screens , the Models have better texture and more poligons , and also they have Shadows and not some random black circle below the fighter. Go to Training and put the Camera in Zoom and the Speed in "1/4x (Hold L)" , and alternate beetwen holding and not holding L. The difference is easily noticeable in Ike and LIttle Mac , in other characters ( like Lucina and Robin ) the difference is only better textures , and in Zero Suit Samus her breast and body have more poligons , while in other characters like Yoshi it is a very small and almost insignificant difference , this was made surely because with the HighQuality Models the framerate sure would drop and maybe they didn't want to spend more time optimizing the game , you can test it yourselves , i wanted to post some pics but i forgot the AC Adapter of my 3DS in a friend house and the battery is dying , if someone can take some pics in good quality i will add it to the Post.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
The same is probably for Wii U on the custom character screen as well. The models there look so good, much better than they have been shown in pictures of them in-game. I need to see in-game pics of characters on Wii U for myself, though.

av448

Smash Cadet
Surely the same thing happens with others Smash but in a lesser Scale. I checked with the last shred of my 3DS Battery and it only affects characters , not stages or Assist Trophys , my 3DS still have a bit of battery with the game turned on Training , but not enough to assure good quality pics , though

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That's odd... I suppose that leftovers will be found.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I tried the characters you mentioned. I don't think I see a difference, althought it's hard to tell. You're up-close & personal in the victory screens, and they look the same from what I can tell as close as you can get it in a match. It may just be a rendering thing during the victory screen.

av448

Smash Cadet
No , as i said in the first post , you have to go to TRAINING and put the Speed in "1/4x (Hold L)" , alternate beetwen holding and not holding L to see the difference , use characters like Ike or Little Mac where it is easy to notice the difference , also put the Camera in ZOOM to see the difference more easily

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Oh that's right. Yeah I've noticed that in Training before. I think it's a smart way of implementing that, actually. It's pretty elegant to have it in higher quality when taking pictures. Yoshi's a huge difference, btw.

This matters most to me on Wii U.

av448

Smash Cadet
Actually in Yoshi there is like no difference Lol , only the nose

Top Bottom