• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Small problem with the laser

Dojo

Smash Champion
Mostly against shieks.
When they get really low I have problems hitting them.
Either I'm not low enough or the laser just plain won't come out.

So any tips would be great

offcell

Smash Apprentice
Sheik has a really low crouch, so it's kinda hard to laser her while she's crouching (if possible at all :p). You're FF'ing too fast when your laser doesn't come out so that means you should give it just a little more time before FF'ing after you laser.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
It is possible to hit crouching Shieks/Jiggs/Kirbys/GAWs, but it requires you to laser as low as possible; to frame perfection. Don't worry about hitting them consistently though. Don't forget, they can't move while crouching. When they crouch, stand out of their reach and just keep SHLing, trying to keep them as low as possible (wait a little longer in between the jump and the laser, then FF soon after). As long as you show you can still hit them, they'll be forced to make an effort to get to you. From there, it's an aerial approach, and you can handle it apropriately.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
its all about timing the shl and practicing it. it can be done and with practice it can be done consistantly. i had the same problem with no laser coming out too. i like waiting til im at the top of my short hop to laser and fastfall. but thats me.

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
I suggest practicing your SHL in practice mode with Jigglypuff on FD.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Just keep practicing you SHL in training mode. use a jiggly puff and practice at half speed and get yourself used to the animation of a good SHL. Ideally you can hit jigglypuff on consecutive SHL, and once your comfortable, go up to regular speed, and see if you can get those nice low shots. If you can hit Jiggly pretty consistently it'll hopefully translate into your games against good sheiks.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
just timing, you dont need to hit a croucher, he will eventually come to you if you just keep SH lasering....

smasher_25

Smash Cadet
can't you just hit someone crouching w/ a regular laser instead of shl? Th point of the shl is to be able to move and not have it bounced at you, but they can't shield while they're crouching.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
if they crouch your lasers cant you just SHL forwards and approach? theyre just sitting there waiting to get their ***** kicked. if they just sit there use falco's awesome approach to charge in.

unless you mean you cant hit a shiek while shes dashing. then you need to work on your shl i guess.

leechy9

Smash Cadet
uhh try getting the timing down a few times, then close your eyes and try it. once you get it down by just hearing the sound, you will almost always hit sheik. This only works if u have a friend of course, so he can tell you to fire later or sooner, and so that he can make sheik crouch.

Top Bottom