• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Slowing down for a second

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
<p align="center">&nbsp;</p>
<p align="center">Today’s been a big day, but there’s a tiny bit of a downer, is that on the US site the release date of December 3rd has been taken down and replaced with a TBA. Is this Sakurai wanting us not to give our hopes up on a specific date as he works the last kinks out which might take an extra week or 2 Has he decided to stick even more in, prolonging the date by weeks, even months? The fact that the Japanese date has been released, January 24th, almost 2 months later than Dec 3rd is a bit of a negative (could be later!) or a positive (can’t be that much later!)</p>
<p align="center">Here’s hoping that Nintendo lets us know at E for All.</p>

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
WHAT? They can't delay this. I've been counting donw the days and everything, and now...

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Hmm, was it worth it? Sonic for the removal of a release date... Nope, but it was awesome that Sakurai used "Live and Learn" instead of the crap that was in secret rings!

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
there's an NOA conference today too, we could get a release date there, who knows

Sir James

The Doctor
I have a feeling we won't be playing this game until 2008. Read what Sakurai posted on the Dojo update today under the Fall Conference 2007 movie:

"There’s still a little more development to be done... I’m hoping to complete it without incident."

This doesn't sound like only a few weeks...

Dealiss

Smash Rookie
To bad that the game will be extended, It's only game right now I'm looking forward to.

But we all have to understand this situation and hope the best.

Sir James

The Doctor
If the date 'was' changed, then why is the Notice of Dec. 3rd still there?
Because it was posted months ago. It's old news. They won't just erase old news that was posted previously. I'm sure we'll get a NA release date confirmation in a few days.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Because it was posted months ago. It's old news. They won't just erase old news that was posted previously. I'm sure we'll get a NA release date confirmation in a few days.
I still don't get why it's back to TBA. The game is pretty much done. Nintendo and the person who created Snake stated that. December is the best time of year to do it. Christmas = huge sales

why was it changed...? =/

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I still don't get why it's back to TBA. The game is pretty much done. Nintendo and the person who created Snake stated that. December is the best time of year to do it. Christmas = huge sales

why was it changed...? =/
Kojima said that it's practically finished... he jokingly said it could be released then.

But, anyway, they probably are fixing a few bugs, making the game look beautiful, or adding more things to subspace. Guess we just gotta be patient... like we've been... right? lol.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'd laugh a very large and hearty laugh if the game would be finished by December 3rd, but they delayed it a month or two to fix "this weird bug that makes characters slide when they air dodge into the ground".

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
Perhaps they moved the release date back so that Mario and Sonic at the Olympics would still be the first game with the two together. It's possible. :)

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
Perhaps they moved the release date back so that Mario and Sonic at the Olympics would still be the first game with the two together. It's possible. :)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for the US comes out November 6th, 2007.
Either way Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games would have came out first. :(

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I just busted a vein =]

now my internal bleeding is causing irrational happiness to suppress my rage =]

i love bunnies and rainbows and ponies and flowers and unicorns and butterflies and ****** sakurai =]

awesome

Smash Apprentice
whatever happened to

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever. "

?

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
oh wait Mario Galaxy will come out in November (i hope)...
that means 3 wii games in the next 2 or 3 months
i hope sakurai is joking or April fools TOO EARLY:laugh:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH i'm so sad :(
thanks sakurai for nothing:mad:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Quote from Sakurai (on the Fall 2007 Nintendo Confernece Brawl Trailer)

"There was an announcement at this conference that Sonic the Hedgehog has joined the fray. I’d like to provide you with the short movie that was shown there.

There’s still a little more development to be done... I’m hoping to complete it without incident."

^ Read that last part again. He's worried about "incident". Online, large campaign, huge roster, trophies, items, stages, ATs, stickers, etc. Lots of stuff. Lots of time to make. Too little time left.

Zayden

Smash Cadet
Your right, i have it pre-ordered for December Third, but i guess nintendo has even bigger plans then the updates on Dojo...

Zayden

Mario Smash King!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
The people making Brawl, all of them knew that the game was going to get delayed! Now why didn't those jerks just come out and say it like 3 months ago!?

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
<p align="center">&nbsp;</p>
<p align="center">Today’s been a big day, but there’s a tiny bit of a downer, is that on the US site the release date of December 3rd has been taken down and replaced with a TBA. Is this Sakurai wanting us not to give our hopes up on a specific date as he works the last kinks out which might take an extra week or 2 Has he decided to stick even more in, prolonging the date by weeks, even months? The fact that the Japanese date has been released, January 24th, almost 2 months later than Dec 3rd is a bit of a negative (could be later!) or a positive (can’t be that much later!)</p>
<p align="center">Here’s hoping that Nintendo lets us know at E for All.</p>
January 24th isn't "almost 2 months later than Dec 3rd" its actually only 22 days later, which is about 3 weeks. Sorry if this has already been pointed out.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
It makes ya boy wonder.....

For what specific reason did they have to delay Brawl. I thought during Kojima and Sakurai's match that da game was quote unquote "nearly complete."

It must be something big......like a super pimpin 3rd party character.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
January 24th isn't "almost 2 months later than Dec 3rd" its actually only 22 days later, which is about 3 weeks. Sorry if this has already been pointed out.
.............wow...........Dude......22 days later after December 3rd is December 25th.......which is christmas.......not January 24th....just...wow.......

Top Bottom