• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SLING ~ Stage List Is No Good ~ Round 1 has started! Brackets up!

Charbell2

Smash Rookie
Charbell2 / Eric / 1204-3481-5572 Sonic

im ready to pwn

pm mw when theres a date picked

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I'd like to take part in this tourney.
Sephy95/Sephy/3266-6793-1736/Marth, Link, and Luigi
This will be my first tournament too. I'll try my best, btw do we add your FC also?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Sephy95 said:
btw do we add your FC also?
When I start up the tourney I'll make a bracket and let you guys know who you're playing, and you'll just have to add the FC of the player you'll be fighting first.

Also, if it's your first tourney be sure to read through the rules carefully so you're prepared; feel free to ask me any questions about stage striking / banning / anything like that.
:)

:248:

Sephy95

Smash Lord
When I start up the tourney I'll make a bracket and let you guys know who you're playing, and you'll just have to add the FC of the player you'll be fighting first.

Also, if it's your first tourney be sure to read through the rules carefully so you're prepared; feel free to ask me any questions about stage striking / banning / anything like that.

The stage strikings got me a little confused. How exactly does that work? Also, will you pm us about the date of when it starts?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
The stage strikings got me a little confused. How exactly does that work? Also, will you pm us about the date of when it starts?
Yep, I'll be sending out a PM to everyone with the bracket of who you'll be playing first.

As for stage striking, basically for the first match of a set, each player 'strikes' 3 of the 7 starter stages so that only 1 stage remains, and then you start on that stage. You can strike in whatever order you want (one at a time, each player does 3 at a time, etc...) but the suggested method is 2-3-1 (one player strikes 2, other player strikes 3, first player strikes the last 1).

Example:

Nysyarc is playing a set against Nyke

The starter stages are Luigi's Mansion, Pirate Ship, Frigate Orpheon, Port Town Aero Drive, Pictochat, Jungle Japes and Brinstar.

Nysyarc strikes Luigi's Mansion and Frigate Orpheon first.

Nyke strikes Jungle Japes, Brinstar and Port Town Aero Drive.

Nysyarc then strikes Pictochat.

The first match will be played on Pirate Ship, since it was the only stage not striked. A set is best of 3 matches so for the following matches the winner bans two stages from the stage list and the loser picks what stage they want to go to (with the exception of illegal stages and stages the opponent has banned).

Hope I explained that well enough, if you'd like clarification on anything just let me know.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Hope I explained that well enough, if you'd like clarification on anything just let me know.[/COLOR] :)

:248:[/QUOTE]

Ok I pretty much get it now. One more thing. Are there any other things banned besides stalling and MK's Infinite D C?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Nope, stalling covers a lot of bases by itself, and online tournaments are obviously harder to referee than offline ones, so rules tend to be a little less strict on some issues.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Good stuff, finally filled up. What characters do you use swift? Putting down Sonic since that's what you have on your profile.

I'll have brackets ready and send out a PM to start the tourney by tonight!

swift9

Smash Rookie
Good stuff, finally filled up. What characters do you use swift? Putting down Sonic since that's what you have on your profile.

I'll have brackets ready and send out a PM to start the tourney by tonight!

Sonic, pikachu, and Marth. What about the lag won't that mess up anything.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well that's part of the deal with signing up for an online tournament, lol. Not much we can do about the lag unless everyone decides to get wired internet, and even then there'd still be a bit of input lag.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Sweet! We finally have enough to start this tourney, btw wenever ya get the chance, can you remove Luigi and add Toon Link and Fox.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Change of plan: I'll be releasing the bracket and officially starting the tournament tomorrow so it falls into a better pattern of starting/ending each round on a Friday rather than in the middle of the week.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Change of plan: I'll be releasing the bracket and officially starting the tournament tomorrow so it falls into a better pattern of starting/ending each round on a Friday rather than in the middle of the week.

Ok but do ya think you can last minute change my players. I want Luigi taken out and Fox and Toon Link added.
Thanks.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Sorry about that guys, New Years party and then New Years day smashfest and now another bi-weekly tourney I'm running have all gotten in the way. I'll start it up tomorrow and then you'll have all of next week and next weekend to get the first matches done. Makes more sense to not make New Years weekend the first weekend of a tourney anyways.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Oh yah, remember you can use the links on the players' usernames in the same post as the brackets to get to their profile. So just send your opponent a VM or PM to organize a time; shouldn't rely on this thread to communicate with anyone cause they may not check it, just a heads up.

Maná.

Smash Rookie
Oh yah, remember you can use the links on the players' usernames in the same post as the brackets to get to their profile. So just send your opponent a VM or PM to organize a time; shouldn't rely on this thread to communicate with anyone cause they may not check it, just a heads up.

Sorry Im new in the forums stuff but ill send a pm now, thanks!

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I decided, by unspoken consent with myself, to extend the deadline to next Monday for the first round. I decided this because I was out of town from Monday until yesterday this week. Anyways, you guys have this weekend to get your sets done if you haven't yet. I'll be sending updates and reminders for round 2 this coming Monday.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
We had PMed each other and chose a time to play and he didn't show. Hasn't been on for the past 11 days either.

Top Bottom