• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sliding jabs

legion598

Smash Ace
ok so a while ago some1 discovered the sliding jabs which is pivot> jabs has any1 found a good use for this yet because it looked rather promising

Tenki

Smash Hero
You can do sliding taunts!
holy crap, i haven't though about that one.

I did mess around with Falcon's 'standing' slide (basically if you time the release of the pivot correctly, you get the largest slide [like the jab slide] but you can do anything out of it).

sliding spotdodge is cool.

any move that forces change in momentum will stop the slide (tilts, 2nd jab, etc)

If you try to pivot ASAP, the furthest you can slide is the point that you started from.

So if you stand in the center of FD, run back, pivot as soon as you can, and then jabslide, the furthest you'll ever get is the center of FD.

legion598

Smash Ace
but seriously i dont even want to know the uses of sliding jabs now that i have sliding taunts HOLY CRAP maybe we can dodge attacks while taunting!!!!

RubixCubix08

Smash Rookie
I don't fully understand the tec. yet, but, I was playing around and I noticed that if you do a quick smash in the other direction your running, smash it back to the same position as you were running, and press A when you do that second smash, you can actually do a forward smash. No forward momentum, but you practically do a F-smash out of a run. idk if it's useful or not. (btw, you can charge the F-smash, which is a good mindgame, also, for attacking the enemy) btw, it's kinda hard to pull off.

EDIT: better explaination:
Go into a pivot, and instead of running in the opposite direction, smash the stick towards the original running direction, and use your F-smash

Run > Pivot > F-Smash in opposite direction

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone tried raptor boost while sliding? Whould we like be stuck in place for a while if we did o.O? Or jst a Pawnch of course ^_^

Tenki

Smash Hero
Any move that has its own built in momentum change will stop a slide.

If you try to walk and do an F-tilt, you'll stop.

etc.

so far I think all you can do while keeping the slide is:
jab
spotdodge
taunt (lol)
shieldgrab
shield

legion598

Smash Ace
well by facing to your left u can make side taunt faster i would suggest canceling it with a falcon punch. and i think sliding taunt should be called a wave taunt

Top Bottom