• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Slide Pivoting with Greninja!

Useful?

• Total voters

RNGExecutive~

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jw2468
3DS FC
3652-0929-2520
So Recently there was a video made called Slide Pivoting. If you're not sure what im talking watch this video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgSYA8QrviE&index=2&list=LLM1YzEhNt0o5NYOSMt5XRsw

(This guy is a little difficult to understand but its fine since this tech is easy enough to do anyway.)

So looking at this video and he shows the lengths of each character, Lucky for us, we got one of the furthest slides.
Greninja Has a lot of options with this tech using his tilts, But since we dont have any auto cancelling aerials out of a short hop we cant really throw an attack and slide...

Greninja gets lot of confirms off of this new slide tech.

There manage to be things like:

Slide Pivot > Dtilt > Usmash (This works around 90% or higher depending on the character) https://gfycat.com/GregariousClassicAntarcticgiantpetrel (Fullmoon did this one)

Slide Pivot > Dtilt > FS > Dair > Nair > FS > Dair > Continue this into what ever you like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78T0WLcfjhQ ( I Did This one :] )

(Still Being Tested) At 55-60% Slide pivot Ftilt (Angled?) > Missed tech > Nair > FF Uair > You can be creative here but these are some if you just want some combos to look at.

Slide pivot Ftilt (Angled?) > Missed tech > Nair > FF Uair > FS > Dair > FS > Weak Nair > Up Smash

Slide pivot Ftilt (Angled?) > Missed tech > Nair > FF Uair > UTilt > FF Uair > FS > Dair > FS > First hit Bair lock> Weak Nair> UP Smash

Slide pivot Ftilt (Angled?) > Missed tech > Nair > FF Uair > FS > Dair > FS > First Hit Bair Lock > Weak Nair > Up Smash.

Some ending notes here is that greninja has a lot of options with this tech and he already had lots of options, but this opens up some cool new tech for him! Thank you guys for taking a look at this thread, some of these may not work depending on some characters The Ftilt Combos were tested on R.O.B and most of the others were tested on pika.
The Slide Down Tilt is def gareenteed on most characters. Since this is still new testing and stuff, Please Put Some of your combos here and feel free to share with more frogs! Im curious to here your input on this stuff.

FS = Footstool
FF = Fast fall
Ftilt = Forward Tilt
Utilt = Up Tilt
Dtilt = Down Tilt
Uair = Up Air
Bair = Back Air
Nair = Neutral air

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
this tech is really exciting! I hope it's useful, bc greninja's slide length is higher than pretty much everyone

McDareth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
McDareth
So Recently there was a video made called Slide Pivoting. If you're not sure what im talking watch this video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgSYA8QrviE&index=2&list=LLM1YzEhNt0o5NYOSMt5XRsw

(This guy is a little difficult to understand but thats not important since this tech is easy enough to do anyway.
D:

On a serious note. That is a really clever use. I've seen the gfycat of Sliding Down Tilt > Up Smash, but I never though of using the slide in to setup into footstools. I want to try that myself on Falco at low percents and see if it could work for him as well (although he lacks an easy way to cancel his jump height lol)

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
D:

On a serious note. That is a really clever use. I've seen the gfycat of Sliding Down Tilt > Up Smash, but I never though of using the slide in to setup into footstools. I want to try that myself on Falco at low percents and see if it could work for him as well (although he lacks an easy way to cancel his jump height lol)
I have to wonder now if my gfycat is spreading around without me knowing it lol

McDareth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
McDareth
Last edited:

RNGExecutive~

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jw2468
3DS FC
3652-0929-2520
D:

Woah i didnt think you would be here. Im pleasured, but im sorry i had to say it :[

McDareth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
McDareth
Woah i didnt think you would be here. Im pleasured, but im sorry i had to say it :[
You don't have to apologize, it's a fair complaint.

I'm checking around to see what people are saying/found and commenting occasionally. Don't mind me D:

RNGExecutive~

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jw2468
3DS FC
3652-0929-2520
You don't have to apologize, it's a fair complaint.

I'm checking around to see what people are saying/found and commenting occasionally. Don't mind me D:
well im glad you like this man

is it possible to do this on a 3ds without a c-stick?
Yes But i think its a lil more difficult, But i've done it a few times. Practice!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonarobin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PowerMiner
RNGExecutive~ RNGExecutive~ In your video where you used the sliding pivot to do combos on pikachu, when you first started, did you hold back right before you hit the ground? I didn't realize you could do it right before you hit the ground, that seems like an amazing way to mix up off an empty hop :o I need to lab

RNGExecutive~

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jw2468
3DS FC
3652-0929-2520
RNGExecutive~ RNGExecutive~ In your video where you used the sliding pivot to do combos on pikachu, when you first started, did you hold back right before you hit the ground? I didn't realize you could do it right before you hit the ground, that seems like an amazing way to mix up off an empty hop :o I need to lab
yeah i pretty much did a empty hop and held backwards

Lemonade Candy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LemonadeAcid
yeah you gain a lot of space. I did it in tourney last weekend. Too bad the TO wont upload the stream.

Guimartgon

Smash Apprentice
I've been putting it to use in my local scene. I'm a big fan of Perfect pivoting to keep space between me and my opponent(specially when they try to land close to you, PP away into Dtilt is awesome). I've found it useful as both a neat mixup that I kinda just got a feel for in the moment(it was mostly a feel of what if I did the sliding pivot now? And it just worked, mostly getting Dtilts).

Also totally not viable but I totally got sliding pivot into shadow sneak with Down Taunt on my buddy(you can't press B while airborne, you won't get the slide). So I slide all the way to his face my shadow moved while greninja was using starting his down taunt. Also just sliding Down Taunt is hilarious, not great, but hilarious.

Top Bottom