• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sleeping vs. NOT Sleeping

GreenMarth

Smash Apprentice
my question is....is it ever a good idea to stay up the whole night...just to ehhhh correct your sleep schedule?

discuss this and other sleep related things here =)

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I have had huge trouble falling asleep since my semester let out : /I was on an In Bed by 11, wake up at 7 schedule and didn't have any troubles. Now however, I find myself awake still at 4 AM, in bed, unable to fall asleep. I would order a sleeping pill thing such as Lunesta(sp?) but I am one of the kind of people that would prefer to avoid a drug/medicinet o help me out.

Anyone have some tips on what helps them sleep at night? : /

Daysoo

Smash Ace
If I ever figure it out, I'll get back to you guys.
I've been waking up at 5PM and going to sleep at 9AM, recently.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I suffer when I don't get a good sleeping pattern. Staying up all night once won't hurt so much as doing it repeatedly. I get a cold or some type of illness if I lose too much sleep. Its different for most people.

Sleep might be a waste of time for some (Buzz and I included), but your body needs it. And when your tired, don't fight it. Thats when your body needs it the most.

GreenMarth

Smash Apprentice
WOW 5pm thats earlyyyyy

anyways some tips on sleeping?

i think defintely NO TV seriously i used to sleep like that with a tv on till i was like 13(im 15 now) IT REALLY helps to have the tv off and the lights out

dont drink ANY caffine within like...3-4 hours of bed time (its not fun =( )

and try to do relaxing things when nearing your bedtime (eg. reading, relaxing music, hot drinks with the exeption if hot chocolate)

and while in bed try to get lost in your thoughts, do not evn agknowlage the outside world a little bit, i find doing this will keep me awake...

try to foucus on relaxation and what ever is going on in your head...not whats happening elsewhere, which is why the tv is bad

milk helps because it has chemicals in it (tryptophan) that AID sleeping

i am totally with you on the No Drugs or Pills policy...its really just....i dunno. i would also rather not use pills =)

good luck i hope i helped =)

I suffer when I don't get a good sleeping pattern. Staying up all night once won't hurt so much as doing it repeatedly. I get a cold or some type of illness if I lose too much sleep. Its different for most people.

Sleep might be a waste of time for some (Buzz and I included), but your body needs it. And when your tired, don't fight it. Thats when your body needs it the most.
thanks for the advice =D

also another prob is..if its late...like NOW i dont know weather to just stay up or sleep if im starting to get tired...i WANT to sleep but the awakening will be far more unpleasant... if i stay up the morning is easy

GreenMarth

Smash Apprentice
lol glad to help gerbil and oh jeez desu...what a horrible mistake on my part...0.o wow ur sleep schedule is MESSED UP XD

BTW i will be going to sleep now =P nighty night

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Ideally I go to bed around 11:00 and wake up at 7:00. In reality I go to bed at 10:00 (usually don't--I stay up later...) and get up at 5:00 on account of school -.-

Related enough, I got about two hours of sleep last night. Ugh.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I'm a heavy sleeper, and I sleep when I'm tired.

And staying up all night to correct your sleep pattern is ok too, atleast you're correcting it.

And if you're having trouble sleeping, just exercise more, even going on a walk helps.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i dont recommend playing RE before sleeping, especially if youre frightened easily like me.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
While speaking on sleep issues, I took Nyquil last night to regulate my sleeping patterns, only I took it at like 11. I fought sleep until 1, which is a very bad idea, and when I woke up, I still had some of the mild distortions that fighting it causes.

It sucks!

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
Some pills can help you fall asleep. As for sleeping vs not sleeping. Sleeping definitely. The less you sleep, the more sleep debt you pile up. And then that leads to physical and mental fatigue. As for fixing schedules. If you're staying awake trying to fix it, then I guess that works. Try not to think of stuff when you attempt to sleep, I think it just makes more brain activity and keeps you awake. But I'm not a doctor, so I'm not 100% sure.

bored

Smash Ace
I love sleeping, especially when its storming outside. But I cannot sleep when its just plain quietness, I have to have a faint noise, such as a fan whirling.

D13

Smash Ace
I love sleeping, especially when its storming outside. But I cannot sleep when its just plain quietness, I have to have a faint noise, such as a fan whirling.
That's funny, noises like that annoy the heck out of me. I guess we're all different.

I stay up really late on most weekends, but I don't think it messes up my sleep pattern too badly. I get to bed during the week at around 10 PM. That sort of balances things out.

bored

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've pretty much screwed up my sleep pattern now, I hate mornings and when I sleep in I usually stay asleep till 11 or 12.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Eric, that sounds awesome.

I usually head to bed about 10, which gets me 6 hours of sleep, which isn't nearly enough sleep but I can manage on that much. Last night I got 3 hours. Got home a little after 2, went to sleep immediately, woke up at 4, got ready for work, went to work, realized I didn't have to be to work till 7, came home, slept for another hour and then went right back. I'm exhausted today.

orintemple

Smash Lord
I generally go to sleep around 2-3 am and wake at 11 am-noon. I wish I could wake earlier, but it doesn't mater too much for now.

Obviously it is better to sleep. Sleep is good.

I also have trouble sleeping eliek many people, I don't like it but it just happens, but not all the time. I find doing a tiring activity like working out or something then letting yourself rest THEN going to bed, is a good way to sleep, since you are worn out by that time.

Also doing something really boring is a good way to sleep...

GreenMarth

Smash Apprentice
Eric, that sounds awesome.

I usually head to bed about 10, which gets me 6 hours of sleep, which isn't nearly enough sleep but I can manage on that much. Last night I got 3 hours. Got home a little after 2, went to sleep immediately, woke up at 4, got ready for work, went to work, realized I didn't have to be to work till 7, came home, slept for another hour and then went right back. I'm exhausted today.
5-6 hours sleep isnt enough and it really is difficult to make it through the day w/o at LEAST 7-8

but i also find if you sleep too long its hard to get up and you will go through the day tired but not half asleep...aanyone else have this?

Sandoggg

Smash Apprentice
i tried to do 36 hours days before, in which i stay awake for a day and a half (36 hours) and then sleep for 12 hours, finishing off the two day period. i succumbed to a normal schedule after 2 sessions...

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
A person needs a good sleeping pattern. Luckily my body always adjusts to my sleeping pattern.

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
I sleep whenever I want...at home that is. Or at a friend's house.

During the weekends, I stay up as long as I can to play games and stuff.

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
Sleeping helps your body recover. It's pretty necessary for an athlete's muscles to repair and grow. Sleeping is when your body grows, so why would you want to miss out on that? I do like pulling all nighters- just not regularly. As long as you make up the sleep then you should be fine. I usually had trouble falling asleep anyway, but because of allergy season its much worse. I have difficulty getting to sleep and wake up frequently. I started taking Melatonin which is a dietary sleeping supplement. It helps me fall asleep and stay asleep. Non-addictive as well...

Top Bottom