• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sky Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHICO 93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperCheekNasty
Ok soo i have no problems with gay people what so ever. I have gay family members soo im not saying this like i hate gay people and stuff but if you guys are watching G3 smash 4 top 8 and i just wanna know how you guys feel about sky calling other players "cute" and how "adorable" they look and all that stuff.... cause personally its just super awkward and it seems like even D1 feels sorta awkward with it..... like i said its not a big deal or anything its just really awkward and wanna know how everyone else feels about it. I also respect all he does for the smash scene he is a good commentator. Hey maybe hes not even gay idk but the things hes been saying sure seems like he is.

Last edited:

Suspect

Smash Hero
Sky is the most annoying person i've ever heard commentate. He is not a good commentator. I put the stream on mute because of him.

Rocketman287

Smash Rookie
He's awkward and says some weird things at times, but his commentating can be good. Just doesn't need to do pointless banter to try and be funny/interesting.

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
He was pretty bad. I don't think he should be allowed to commentate at majors, especially not at top 8. The "I think x player is cute" thing is also pretty annoying. People would be flipping their ****s at him if he said "this female smasher is cute."

Lonpos

Smash Cadet
I have no problem with Sky Williams being himself. He really can bring up the hype and I think it's good that we accept who he is and how he behaves.
You must consider that this so-called-eSports is a growing and learning thing, it isn't ESPN? it isn't FIFA or doesn't have that level of professionalism.
Heck even the internet bumps down during the GRAND FINALS of Smash64. There are no codes on how to behave yet, and, I like it that way.
No one should tell Sky Williams or a D1 how to commentate yet. Let them do their thing.
And when it is time to step up our level of expertise; then we can discuss these things about this behaviour.

Eren Swaeger

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mechs246
3DS FC
0533-6950-4814
It was so awkward hearing sky say stuff like '' aww how cute they hugged'' and omg x is so cute. He also jneeds to think of another analogy other than extra credit.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Ok soo i have no problems with gay people what so ever.
Word of advice - don't preface a post with this.

Sky did fine after the first set which D1 was also flubbing. He doesn't get much of a chance to commentate and I think he did great. Dude's an up and coming natural and he's got his own unique flavor.

Last edited:

ligersandtigons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChromToTheDome
3DS FC
4656-6292-5830
Switch FC
SW-2244-3437-3034
I like Sky, but yeah, I did find some of his commentary "unprofessional"

I think TK and D1 would be the best combo for a top 8 as major as G3

steppa

Smash Rookie
The only thing that particularly bothered me about his commentating was saying Zero's lady (idk her name and feel bad for saying it like so but that's all I've got) came in with "kiss plays" and Zero "did not spot dodge at all." That attention to detail felt kind of gross and invasive.

I think calling stuff cute and adorable is all well and good and talking about post-match celebrations is just fine, but, I think this was a little much and Sky is definitely capable of doing it better and with more tact.

Also, you reference sexuality a lot in your post when it has nothing to do with the commentary. Kind of weird.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I have no problems with any commentators, but I was laughing when he said "Awwwwwwwwwwww they hugged. They hugged. Awwwww they hugged"

Flonominal

Smash Rookie
I thought Sky was cool n all. Imo every Smash stream needs some unprofessional commentary, it just aint a funny or memorable stream without some.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
For the most part we don't allow threads about individual members of the community.
The conversation could've been brought up in a general Genesis discussion for Smash4.

Echoing what some have said, but the prefacing of the thread could've been better. Albeit I get what you're trying to not convey; some are going to be silly about it.

At the size the scene is, the discussion of production down to individuals seem pretty relevant. But we wouldn't want a hate thread nor one that would easily lead into it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom