• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skler's Incredibly Awesome Link Guide! Discussion too!

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
First time I check my CP in years and I see a new post here today. Fate must have brought me here to say this:

Link is awesome in Project: M. Go try him out!
Fate must of brought you here indeed. Are you an active player or retired? Its cuz I'm going to Houston next week and I might drop by to see the smash scene there. Idk if we know the same group I'm meeting there but if you do maybe we could play Link dittos?

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
meh, he's better for sure, but so is everyone else. I still think he's going to be low tier, but in the sense that the gap between what results can be accomplished in tournaments by high tiers compared to low tiers won't be as large as the gap is in Melee.
Disagree, he's still not great, but his offensive buffs I think will make him at least low mid-tier.
All that really separated Melee Link from mid-tier was his overall bad frame data, that's been mitigated.
If they can make his grapple longer and figure out how to make it latch on to walls he'll be even better.

MALVM MALVM

Smash Apprentice
There are a bunch of things going for Link in P:M. Firstly, he's a lot lankier. Secondly, he's faster and stronger, just like we've been asking. Thirdly, the bomb jump is ridiculously easy.
What this means is that he's a heavier, slightly slower Marth with projectiles and a ridiculously long recovery.

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
Thirdly, the bomb jump is ridiculously easy.
Uhh are you sure about that >_>? Maybe its my style causing this but I find rather difficult to do since he throws the bomb up high in Project M. Or you talking about something else? Or do you mean throwing it down and hit it midair works cuz I haven't played it much lately.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Uhh are you sure about that >_>? Maybe its my style causing this but I find rather difficult to do since he throws the bomb up high in Project M. Or you talking about something else? Or do you mean throwing it down and hit it midair works cuz I haven't played it much lately.
I think you're supposed to use aerial glide toss now to bomb jump, there's a vid on how to do it in the Young Link forum.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I've been trying it with Toon Link, I cant get the timing right on the bomb toss, he always just goes into a helpless animation after the air dodge.

Icelement

Smash Cadet
Link down again... as is my hope for link! Picking him up after all these years, I could use the best guide out there. ;D

Commander Hen

Smash Rookie
Please post the link to the guide! There are literally NO useful guides for Link on the Internet (other than some video instruction guides for techniques like Bomb Jumping)!

Bigglestheman

Smash Apprentice
I'll have to wait till I get back home (Will be quite some time) because I remember copying the whole thing down in notepad or something like that.

ZotR

Smash Rookie
Skler/any admin, I have a copy of the guide from a year or so ago, Idk how out of date it is. Would it be ok for me to post a DL link, torrent, or thread reply with the guide in it?

ZotR

Smash Rookie
Alright. It's on my external drive so I'll be able to get it next week and upload it somewhere. Any suggestion of where? As of right now I just have the saved web page that was in the OP and I think a text only version as well.

SAUS

Smash Ace
What about making it as a collaboration-project? From what I understand there is quite a few of us that wants to help.
I'd be down for that. I think writing it by myself would be bad for many reasons lol. I want to know what other Links are doing. I honestly haven't had anyone to learn from in terms of how to make my Link better and I'd absolutely love to talk with people through matchups.
Well it seems like the guide already exists, its just a matter of recovering it.
I think he was replying to me :p and if you look up a few posts:
Lets just write a new guide.

I still wouldn't mind seeing Skler's guide though.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Bump, looking for the guide as well. can anybody upload and change link?
For now, we've got the collaboration guide going on:
http://smashboards.com/threads/collaboration-project-a-new-link-guide.347503/

We've added a lot of info and formatted it to make it look nice, basically it's nice to read and easy to navigate. So far, this project is coming along nicely, but there's still work that needs to be done, specifically on the section with the MU's.

Skler, your help would be greatly appreciated!

Sycorax

Smash Ace
Somebody on Reddit re-discovered Skler's Link Guide a while ago. I thought he would have posted it here like a rational person, but I guess not :/ So here's a download link. It's a .html file so you have to open it in your browser. Thought you guys might like it.

Sdhy

Smash Rookie
Hi, the link to Skler's Link guide isn't working. Can you fix please? I wanna learn the basics of smart projectile use.

Top Bottom