• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skilled Links, teach me

CHerring

Smash Apprentice
I'm an avid Link fan and have used him since the first Smash Bros.....unfortunately, by lack of skill, strategy, or knowledge I've been unable to make him work for me in the new edition of this game.

The biggest problem with this is that I refuse to give up and play as anyone else.

I am requesting that any Link mainer fight me so that I can learn from the strengths and strategies of others. I have read forum after forum and it just isn't doing it.

I will greatly appreciate any help that anyone wants to give :)

Force

Smash Apprentice
link mirror matches teach you barely anything, links biggest weakness is a good pressure player or someone with better spacing discipline and or a better spacing character. characters in this game are generally floatier then melee, and the levels are generally smaller. this makes for a problem of missed Z-airs and being pinned against the edge. train against an aggressive Game and watch, Metaknight or Pikachu for real practice, the only characters you generally try to out-camp are Snake, Toonlink, and Dedede. Link is about spacing and stopping your opponents approach, if you can frustrate them to the point of taking 1 to 3 seconds to consider how they should approach you, you've got your routine figured out for that matchup. Link is learned on a matchup to matchup basis, Link dittos are pointless, Youtube deva if you want to learn some of the nuances of spacing /punishing approach.

CHerring

Smash Apprentice
I was actually just wanting to see how other ppl played with him....I did see Deva's page last night and have put in a request. Force I have also seen that you have a pretty good reputation here if you would like to help me that would be nice. Can't get too much help. :)

Force

Smash Apprentice
I was actually just wanting to see how other ppl played with him....I did see Deva's page last night and have put in a request. Force I have also seen that you have a pretty good reputation here if you would like to help me that would be nice. Can't get too much help. :)
get in touch with good players in your local community through the regionals forum and just go to brawl bashes. Stick to your guns and learn your hit and run projectile game first but make sure you know which projectile/spacing combinations become openings for your opponent then omit them from your routine per opponent. then after you find yourself getting people into the 150% range but not killing them start practicing your killing routine. (this is the hardest part) find every way possible to implement Down-Airs unpunished. do lots of 2 jab- into downsmash at around 130% and learn to just read percentages good. link is an art form so just stick to it and watch lots of youtube videos, Legan has a good one out there too.

Top Bottom