• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

skateboarding

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
I used to, but then I got tired of the mass majority of the community of skaters being dumb.

I mean, I'm sure a big part was just me not wanting to put forth effort go get better anymore, but the community is kinda what sealed the deal

and yeah, I was pretty bad lol. like the most I could do was a mediocre ollie and a shove-it lol.

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
i used 2,but it was kinda just a stage for me.**** those persuading tony hawk's games!yah i sucked 2. but sometimes i would get lucky and would **** up,and than somehow it would be a trick.

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Xdadepsak's Closet, along with Ender, Mkiller, and
I've skated for nine years. I'm pretty notorious around here as a danger to traffic. Everyone that skates knows I'm the fastest for fifty miles though, I beat 53 longboarders in a six mile race riding a skateboard ;3
Tough luck slowpokes!

During the summer I probably skate twenty miles a day. That's why I never spend time here ha ha! Why poast here when you can be outside getting fresh air, cutting off drivers through rush hour.

I think if skateboarding becomes illegal around here it'll be 80% my fault.

Jammer

Smash Lord
I did a lot of skateboarding when I was around 13 years old.

I got pretty good. Kick flips and ollies and stuff, and I would sometimes go to the skate park and do some cool stuff. I never really used it for travelling; I guess that's what I thought bikes were for.

I haven't touched my skateboard in 4 years.

ZeroFallenSkater

Smash Cadet
yeah skateboarding is awesome and fun as hell, i don't think i'll ever quit until i'm like too old to continue to skate or unless i destroy a leg permanently

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
Opening the topic back up because Zapdos complained. Cry me a freaking river. Wah! It's skateboarding. Everyone's done it at least some point in time. It's old news, or I'm too old. One of the two. Better make this freaking interesting Zap. Or I'm coming to get you and your skateboarding friends! *Shakes Fist*

Jammer

Smash Lord
Weird of you to open up a redundant thread. I mean, there is the "does anyone skateboard here?" thread, at least if you weren't pulling a fast one on us, Bahamut.

I'd just like to say that, while getting my lawnmower out of the garage to mow the grass which has grown 3 millimeters since two weeks ago because it is almost winter here, I saw my old skateboard which I hadn't touched in, oh, about 3 years.

I got on it, and had some fun. I couldn't do any tricks, though--I lost all my skill.

Then I got on the skateboard, and had the self-propelled lawnmower pull me along the driveway. That was pretty sweet, if I do say so myself.

Then I fell and scraped my ankle so that it bled. I was not happy. The skateboard is now back in the back of my garage.

ZeroFallenSkater

Smash Cadet
i skateboard.... mostly street, im pretty good i can blunt rock and sometimes i can smith to 180 out, but i cant kick flip lol, idn why i just cant do it.
yea im not that good at grinding at all i have like a fear on the back of mind lol, but i'm mad sick on flip tricks i got like 360 flips, hardflips, inward hells and mad moves

cF=)

Smash Lord
ITT we boost our e-ego by naming all the stuff we can "pull" (in " " because no proof are even given).

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Opening the topic back up because Zapdos complained. Cry me a freaking river. Wah! It's skateboarding. Everyone's done it at least some point in time. It's old news, or I'm too old. One of the two. Better make this freaking interesting Zap. Or I'm coming to get you and your skateboarding friends! *Shakes Fist*
Thank you ever so much.

What do you guys think about ABEC 11 products? I bought 80mm strikers like 2 years ago and even though I've had a couple 3 inch nails go through them, they're still in fair condition.

Crap my abecs all eat nails for breakfast! Tuff tuff high quality urethane

I bought retro coned avalon wheels for the winter and they're decent.
I think some big-zigs or gumballs with rain cuts would work better for not sliding in the rain though.

@jammer lol I never tried skate+ lawnmower

But I skated to work at a grocery store for 2 years, and I tell you what, I wrote the book on shoppingcart+skate tricks :D
Like the ollie onto the back, indy grab, jump over cart, to double plant on the front of cart :D scares the little kids

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
How do you skateboarders feel about rollerbladers? I mean, I'm sure most of you don't even mind us, but at the Skate Park of Memphis, sometimes the skateboarders complain about us or even give us dirty looks when we show up. Is that common where you guys live?

Also, even though I'm already 17+ and in college, I'm thinking about getting those Heelys shoes with wheels in the heel. I saw kids going around having fun in those in the NYC long subway halls when I visited my brother up there, and I see a lot of people (ranging from 4 to 18 year olds) having a great time with them in the huge malls they have in Florida. They make them with grind strips on the bottom of the shoe; it looks pretty fun. And I don't really care about looking like a kid around campus -- I already wear ridiculously brightly colored polo shirts because I can. ^^'

Jammer

Smash Lord
Wow, Tom, you're lucky you can even wear Heelys. Pretty much every public building in my area has banned them, and there's a sign near the door in almost every store that says "No Skateboards, Rollerblades, Roller Shoes" and some other things like that.

At least skateboarding is still legal where I live, though. But I think they should pass a law banning all those "Skateboarding is NOT a Crime!" stickers. Those are really annoying.

Vinnie275

Smash Master
e, I'm thinking about getting those Heelys shoes'
I SO fantasize about those all of the time, but everywhere I look they only have kids sizes *CRY*

How do I feel about rollerbladers? I used to fruit boot a lot in middle school, until the civil war skaters vs fruit booters started getting very bloody violent.
Let me tell you, a roller vs. a skater is not pretty. First, the rollerblader falls down, because he is on rollerblades. THen, the skater truck slams him easily in excess of 1200 pounds directly on the side of his neck, narrowly missing his jugular vein and destroying his spine.

Now you'd rather skateboard at this school that fruit boot :D
We were a violent group of little *******s, for sure. I can prbably truck slam 1200 pounds per square inch now D: BEEEF

ZeroFallenSkater

Smash Cadet
yea around here theres usually tension bewtween rollers and skaters, but nothing serious happens just kinda neutral, but about the heely shoes are pretty fun to grind with i heard

Vinnie275

Smash Master
The number one reason I want heelys is because skateboarding is banned in just about every part of town, I'm pretty much an outlaw when I go cross country. With heelys though they can't stop me from rolling around even in the mall :D

What do you guys use for lubricant? I like tri-flow a lot, but I recently started using the Ninja performance lube, it's imported :D Costs like five times as much though, depending on where you go.
Triflow: $1.50 to $5
Ninja: about $10

ZeroFallenSkater

Smash Cadet
can you really hardflip? I'de need to see that to believe it
yea but not everytime i can land them like 75% of the time, i learned this trick like a month ago so i haven't mastered it yet, its still fun to pull off in skate tho and once my crew makes a vid(in a few weeks) ill put my hardflip on there and other tricks

estion11

Smash Apprentice
IN the last street competition I was in, I rode two skateboards (like skiis) on a ramp over a car onto a ramp on the other side.
I also tried to darkslide the windshield and my ankle fell through the windshield *OUCh*
1. this didnt happen
2. this didnt happen
3. wind sheilds dont break easily
4. you cant dark slide
5. you didnt ride 2 skateboards like skiis over anything
6. did you try to dark slide with both boards?
7. repeating myself you cant darkslide
8. You dont know anything about skateboarding

im sorry but you were begging to be called out on that post if you've ever picked up a skateboard or tried to smash through a windsheild or can at least think you would realize how absurd that post was

Vinnie275

Smash Master
1. this didnt happen
2. this didnt happen
3. wind sheilds dont break easily
4. you cant dark slide
5. you didnt ride 2 skateboards like skiis over anything
6. did you try to dark slide with both boards?
7. repeating myself you cant darkslide
8. You dont know anything about skateboarding

im sorry but you were begging to be called out on that post if you've ever picked up a skateboard or tried to smash through a windsheild or can at least think you would realize how absurd that post was
If you have any respect for people that truly love skateboard, go commit suicide as soon as you see this.

It was the 2007 Exit Skate Classic hosted by Exit Skateboards, there were about 300 people and cameras that recorded me doing it loolz

4. no I didn't dark slide, I said I tried and then that's when my foot went through the windshield. THe windshield broke easy because about fifty other people had tried to do tricks on it.

I'm sure I don't know anything about skateboarding, as I've built from scratch over forty skateboards for myself, and countless others for my friends.

And yes, you can ride skateboards like skiis when you don't suck *** like you probably do, and when you rock as much as me. ****, I'm legendary around here though, since you are so quick to doubt people's skate abilities then you probably dont' know **** about skating though.

Not only did I get air over the car, I also went off a kicker ramp, then while still on the 2 boards I took a railroad iron about 2 feet tall between my legs, and swerved at the last moment around the curved quarter pipe on the car's trunk side.

To my knowledge I'm the only one around here besides my electric guitar player who has tried and can successfully ride two skateboards. Now he lives hundreds of miles away anywho.
I also can ride a skateboard and longboard, or two longboards for a short distance.

I learned this technique because I would take two boards to bomb hills, a cruiser setup with an ancient Populus deck, 152mm indie trucks and 80mm urathane wheels. This one was to get to the hill quickly. I would also carry a popwar deck with 150mm indie trucks and 52mm clear drop wheels, this one I would use to bomb bigger hills on.
I got tired of carrying the second board all the time so I learned to coast on both of them.
The idea came from my buddy Joe who I've been skating with for nine years, he tired to do it in High School and recently learned to do it just as well as I can.

Here is a link to the event:
http://www.exitrealworld.com/lifeatexit/events/archived/skateclassiciv/index.html

and proof from that page that we had a car there:
"The street course is an ordinary fixture in many contests today, but most don't include a car or launch ramps anymore, except for this year's Skate Classic! The Skate Classic's downhill street course was a modernized throw-back to Sacramento's Capitola classic of the eighties. Cars used to be a regular staple at street skating events in the eighties. Duh! It's fun to ride on a car and dent it with reckless abandon. Other obstacles incl..."

Me on the right with glasses

SO STFU OR GTFO

ZeroFallenSkater

Smash Cadet
If you have any respect for people that truly love skateboard, go commit suicide as soon as you see this.

It was the 2007 Exit Skate Classic hosted by Exit Skateboards, there were about 300 people and cameras that recorded me doing it loolz

4. no I didn't dark slide, I said I tried and then that's when my foot went through the windshield. THe windshield broke easy because about fifty other people had tried to do tricks on it.

I'm sure I don't know anything about skateboarding, as I've built from scratch over forty skateboards for myself, and countless others for my friends.

And yes, you can ride skateboards like skiis when you don't suck *** like you probably do, and when you rock as much as me. ****, I'm legendary around here though, since you are so quick to doubt people's skate abilities then you probably dont' know **** about skating though.

Not only did I get air over the car, I also went off a kicker ramp, then while still on the 2 boards I took a railroad iron about 2 feet tall between my legs, and swerved at the last moment around the curved quarter pipe on the car's trunk side.

To my knowledge I'm the only one around here besides my electric guitar player who has tried and can successfully ride two skateboards. Now he lives hundreds of miles away anywho.
I also can ride a skateboard and longboard, or two longboards for a short distance.

I learned this technique because I would take two boards to bomb hills, a cruiser setup with an ancient Populus deck, 152mm indie trucks and 80mm urathane wheels. This one was to get to the hill quickly. I would also carry a popwar deck with 150mm indie trucks and 52mm clear drop wheels, this one I would use to bomb bigger hills on.
I got tired of carrying the second board all the time so I learned to coast on both of them.
The idea came from my buddy Joe who I've been skating with for nine years, he tired to do it in High School and recently learned to do it just as well as I can.

http://www.exitrealworld.com/lifeatexit/events/archived/skateclassiciv/index.html

"The street course is an ordinary fixture in many contests today, but most don't include a car or launch ramps anymore, except for this year's Skate Classic! The Skate Classic's downhill street course was a modernized throw-back to Sacramento's Capitola classic of the eighties. Cars used to be a regular staple at street skating events in the eighties. Duh! It's fun to ride on a car and dent it with reckless abandon. Other obstacles incl..."

SO STFU OR GTFO
lol owned

wow that's mad sick tho, i could never ride two boards at once not even down a hill or off a ramp, i'd get rocked lol, but mad props tho

estion11

Smash Apprentice

SO STFU OR GTFO
alright, first of all i dont suck and you wouldnt know... your a competitive long boarder(/old school skater) lol wtf? Second ill believe you went off a ramp with two boards and landed it whatever I was amused for a second a couple seconds back, but then i went on to care about present things instead of old school bull****. Wow you can ride 2 skateboards ^5. Third if you think about the logistics of trying to dark slide a windshield, it just doesnt work (i'm assuming you tried to grind the edge ...how are you planning to come out of that and land especially when your dark sliding? Finally stop boasting your a fvcking legend if you tried to bring you and your long board to any decent skatepark with decent skaters you would get the **** beat out of you for being a total #@$... at least thats how we do it in the bay area CA

Vinnie275

Smash Master
alright, first of all i dont suck and you wouldnt know... your a competitive long boarder(/old school skater) lol wtf? Second ill believe you went off a ramp with two boards and landed it whatever I was amused for a second a couple seconds back, but then i went on to care about present things instead of old school bull****. Wow you can ride 2 skateboards ^5. Third if you think about the logistics of trying to dark slide a windshield, it just doesnt work (i'm assuming you tried to grind the edge ...how are you planning to come out of that and land especially when your dark sliding? Finally stop boasting your a fvcking legend if you tried to bring you and your long board to any decent skatepark with decent skaters you would get the **** beat out of you for being a total #@$... at least thats how we do it in the bay area CA
You sir, are a hater. Go drink your hater-ade.
Firsties, I just started longboarding a year ago. I come from a park background thanks very much.
Also, most of the people I see skating around here from the bay are longboarders. My family is all from cali and three of my sisters live in california so I'm pretty ****ing sure I know how they do it down there, punk ass bitch.
Skating and longboarding are two different sports. If you have a mentality like "longboarders are pussy versions of skaters" then you obviously are extremely ignorant, possibly ********.
Both sports can do things the other cannot. Longboards have a hard time getting pop or air and have lower maneuverability, and skateboards lack a long wheel base and stability when going over thirty five.

You are obviously all pissed off because I can talk **** and back it up, where as you talk a lot more ****, and all you have to show is a "props to bay area".

CONGRATULATIONS, you are a asshat!

estion11

Smash Apprentice
You sir, are a hater. Go drink your hater-ade.
Firsties, I just started longboarding a year ago. I come from a park background thanks very much.
Also, most of the people I see skating around here from the bay are longboarders. My family is all from cali and three of my sisters live in california so I'm pretty ****ing sure I know how they do it down there, punk ass bitch.
Skating and longboarding are two different sports. If you have a mentality like "longboarders are pussy versions of skaters" then you obviously are extremely ignorant, possibly ********.
Both sports can do things the other cannot. Longboards have a hard time getting pop or air and have lower maneuverability, and skateboards lack a long wheel base and stability when going over thirty five.

You are obviously all pissed off because I can talk **** and back it up, where as you talk a lot more ****, and all you have to show is a "props to bay area".

CONGRATULATIONS, you are a asshat!
whatever man just go have fun in your long board competitions i bet the girls just line up to watch, also clarify what an asshat is, I stopped using my own made up insults back in 4th grade so im not exactly sure what your calling me

Vinnie275

Smash Master
whatever man just go have fun in your long board competitions i bet the girls just line up to watch, also clarify what an asshat is, I stopped using my own made up insults back in 4th grade so im not exactly sure what your calling me
You're pretty stuck on going for ******** I think.
Like I said before, I'm a skater primarily. I've been to only one race, and I beat fifty two longboarders on a six and a half mile race with a skateboard.
Not only does that prove I know what I'm doing with a popsicle stick, I'm also the fastest in town on any type of board.

If your primary motivation for skateboarding is getting girls to line up and watch you, you probably don't really like skateboarding, and most likely aren't getting a lot of action.

If you want me to keep insulting you just keep acting like a dam ignant fool

You've pretty much stated your point that: "I was wrong, but you still suck because you zinged me and now I feel inferior"

Asshat is not a made up insult, it's a censor dodge. It just means ***

Smo

Smash Journeyman
i've been using my skateboard as a transport for years now and i'm getting a longboard for xmas :)

ZeroFallenSkater

Smash Cadet

estion are u good at skating?

estion11

Smash Apprentice
estion are u good at skating?
yeah.. well relative to what, im one of the better skaters at my skatepark

and @ zapdos, im not angry because you proved me wrong and I really dont care if your good at skating and the quickest in town at long boarding, a hazard to cars, and a legend in your own right (lol boast much?). The fact is im not sure what exactly set me off about you, but i really just dont like you as a person and my insults have not been so much to get even with you or to "win" the argument in a sense, my main goal is just to make you feel bad about yourself. So years from now when at this point your like an 80 year old virgin because you've failed to impress girls with your skating skills and creepy side burns and now you have absolutely no chance for anything to happen because you've become wrinkly and senile, dont come crying to me because quite frankly i told you so...

wow that was mean, and i dont really care if other members think im a **** just fyi

Vinnie275

Smash Master
yeah.. well relative to what, im one of the better skaters at my skatepark

and @ zapdos, im not angry because you proved me wrong and I really dont care if your good at skating and the quickest in town at long boarding, a hazard to cars, and a legend in your own right (lol boast much?). The fact is im not sure what exactly set me off about you, but i really just dont like you as a person and my insults have not been so much to get even with you or to "win" the argument in a sense, my main goal is just to make you feel bad about yourself. So years from now when at this point your like an 80 year old virgin because you've failed to impress girls with your skating skills and creepy side burns and now you have absolutely no chance for anything to happen because you've become wrinkly and senile, dont come crying to me because quite frankly i told you so...

wow that was mean, and i dont really care if other members think im a **** just fyi

Well let me tell you what brother, you're not gonna make me feel bad about myself.
I gotta piss every 2o minutes because of all the stds I got from bonin so many hot sluts. If you just keep makin' up insults you just make yourself look stupider.

You got a bully complex, because you don't measure up to what you pretend to be, you insult people to get attention instead. Why don't you go dump your ******** insults on someone who cares.

You're ****ing up the topic, go suck your thumb on Pier 39 ****.

kook321

Smash Apprentice
man i use to skate but i gave it up for basketball. its was to hard and their are so many small punk kids trying to skate, its annoys the hell out me. i wasnt that good but i most of the basic tricks

DGK all day

Smash Apprentice
yeah i skate board lol look at my name. Any way i just learned variel heels but there skechy *** hell but now that its winter i can barly skate

Top Bottom