• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Size Comparisons of Possible Newcomers (Update 7/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think Diddy and Dixie Kong are a bit smaller than their correct size in the DK comparison picture. Maybe it's just me.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pretty cool pictures, Bowser varies a bit in size though, one minute he is his Smash Bros size like in SMB3, another minute he's a giant like in Galaxy and Sunshine. Ridley is pretty spot on though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but I did do up a Ridley size comparison for if he was made to be playable...

I also posted extras in the Ridley thread several months back.

On an additional note, from what I've gathered, Rosalina is roughly around the same height as Waluigi, and her chest is around the position of Peach's amulet, making her taller than Peach; some of the sources came from the Mario Kart Wii models. As a result, the following is a possible size comparison for those three...

To finish off, an old size comparison montage of mine...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy

I think Rosalina is a bit too large in the picture with Waluigi and Peach. I'd only expect Rosalina to be slightly taller than Peach.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Pretty cool pictures, Bowser varies a bit in size though, one minute he is his Smash Bros size like in SMB3, another minute he's a giant like in Galaxy and Sunshine. Ridley is pretty spot of though.
Well Ridley has changed sizes too. Maybe not recently, but through his appearances, he definitely has.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well Ridley has changed sizes too. Maybe not recently, but through his appearances, he definitely has.
Yeah, forgot and mentioned it in the Ridley thread where this is also discussed. The picture matches up nicely with his size in Prime and Zero Mission, but is a little too big for his Super Metroid appearance, and too small for his Prime 3 Meta Ridley appearance.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yea I agree with that. I think his size changes have been to extremes (not to Bowser extremes) but he has definitely gotten larger.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy

I think Rosalina is a bit too large in the picture with Waluigi and Peach. I'd only expect Rosalina to be slightly taller than Peach.
Like I said, some sources came from Mario Kart Wii, but I guess the Waluigi and Rosalina models from that game do show that Waluigi is a couple inches taller. However, I am right in that Rosalina's chest position is aligned with the position of Peach's amulet.

It should be noted though that Rosalina's footwear plays a factor in all of this, so if her heels are pretty high, she may end up at around Waluigi's height.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
By the way Angelglory, do you come up with your own figures, or do you just scale by feel? It'd be neat if you listed the heights you've come up with.

Incidentally, Mega Man (classic) has an official height of 132 cm. Also, R.O.B. in Mario Kart DS had a height very comparable to Waluigi, about 200 cm, in the image shown after the credits. Too bad it's not 240 cm, since the real R.O.B. was 24 cm.
I came up with a scaled based off of Pichu (who's 1 ft, even) and Mario, then I plotted out the characters that had official heights like the other Pokemon first. After that I generally scaled the rest to what felt best. The Mario series was the exception since there's already a Mario size chart. So technically I did it by numbers and feels. Once the larger majority of series are up for display I may start getting actual numbers to show as well.

Another perk to making this thread is that I can find out more official heights, I didn't have a clue of any official height for ROB for example, and I can make adjustments to the pictures when something like that comes up. By the end I'll have a big ole group photo to show. Of course it will have to be in segments since I doubt there's any picture uploading site that could handle the dimensions.

Anyway! Kirby series added, next up after is Star Fox and Pokemon.
EDIT: Oh yeah, I will be doing 3rd parties eventually.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For R.O.B., it makes the most sense to use a real-life R.O.B. accessory as a reference.

D

Deleted member

Perhaps Olimar can be compared to R.O.B.; you can find a head of the peripheral in Pikmin 2.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Rosalina's head is larger than peach's entire bust area, LOL

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wasn't expecting Rosalina being taller than Waluigi. Also, Palutena and Mewtwo are taller than Ganondorf? That's even weirder. I don't have access to any of these models or special programs sooooo....I was wondering of anyone can compare Ridley(Super Metroid size) and Bowser(Super Mario Bros 3.size) I just thought it would be cool to see. As for R.O.B comparing to the real-life toy would be the best bet.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mewtwo is 6'07". If Ganondorf is 7' he shouldn't be taller

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wasn't expecting Rosalina being taller than Waluigi.
Actually, Waluigi is shown to be slightly taller, based on the Mario Kart Wii models. However, in Brawl, Wario is shorter than Mario, when it's the other way around in the Mario spin-offs.

Also, unlike Rosalina, Waluigi doesn't stand up straight most of the time, which can sort of make it look like that Rosalina and Waluigi are roughly around the same height.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Alrighty, Star Fox and Pokemon are up now. Since I couldn't find any official heights for Star Fox, I made them closer to Sonic's height but still a bit taller. I'll either do single rep characters next or Fire Emblem, haven't decided atm.

As for ROB, I had put him at what I thought his size was as the toy, although if he's actually 24cm (which comes out to just under 8 inches) I'll need to shrink him slightly from what I made him since I've never seen a ROB irl.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I would like to know how tall Bowser has been recently. Nintendo definitely seems to be going for more consistency within the main Mario series, following very strict designs and borrowing more elements between games. While Bowser still BECOMES huge in NSMB and 3D Land, I wonder if he's a consistent size before those INSTANCES.

Also want to know how gigantic he was in Sunshine and Galaxy 2...

D

Deleted member

According to the source I posted:

"Promotional cards released by Nintendo Power for Star Fox 64 gives the height and weight of the Star Fox team: Fox is 173 cm (5'8") tall and weighs 70.31 kg (155 lbs), Falco is 188 cm (6'2") tall and weighs 74.84 kg (165 lbs), Slippy is 167 cm (5'6") tall and weighs 60.5 kg (140 lbs), and old Peppy is 170 cm (5'7") tall and weighs 71.03 kg (156.6 lbs). The Star Fox Wiki has the heights of several other characters listed, though I can't seem to find out what the source is. Nevertheless: General Pepper is 191 cm (6'3"), Krystal is 172.72 cm (5'8"), Dash Bowman is 170 cm (5'7"), and Wolf is "approximately" 188 cm (6'2")"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Actually, Waluigi is shown to be slightly taller, based on the Mario Kart Wii models. However, in Brawl, Wario is shorter than Mario, when it's the other way around in the Mario spin-offs.

Also, unlike Rosalina, Waluigi doesn't stand up straight most of the time, which can sort of make it look like that Rosalina and Waluigi are roughly around the same height.
Hhmm, yeah that makes more sense. Though wasn't Mario always slightly taller than Wario in the 3D games?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
According to the source I posted:

"Promotional cards released by Nintendo Power for Star Fox 64 gives the height and weight of the Star Fox team: Fox is 173 cm (5'8") tall and weighs 70.31 kg (155 lbs), Falco is 188 cm (6'2") tall and weighs 74.84 kg (165 lbs), Slippy is 167 cm (5'6") tall and weighs 60.5 kg (140 lbs), and old Peppy is 170 cm (5'7") tall and weighs 71.03 kg (156.6 lbs). The Star Fox Wiki has the heights of several other characters listed, though I can't seem to find out what the source is. Nevertheless: General Pepper is 191 cm (6'3"), Krystal is 172.72 cm (5'8"), Dash Bowman is 170 cm (5'7"), and Wolf is "approximately" 188 cm (6'2")"
Maybe it's because he's a bird, but that seems awfully light for someone his height. Supposedly, he needs to be 10 pounds heavier to be at a healthy weight range for his height. Then again, I'm very heavy for my height.

D

Deleted member

It's better he's light.
Cuz poisonally, he prefuhs da air!

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Fire Emblem series added. Now I'll take the opportunity to make corrections to the groups already added before moving onto the rest. If there's any character you guys think should be added to a series line-up then now's the best time to let me know. (As long as they've got a Brawl model/import, of course.)

D

Deleted member

Regardless of him having his own series, Wario should really be with the Mario characters, at least in his Overalls.

If somehow he's going to be compared to characters with his own series (which the only comparison I see possible being Kat & Ana), he should be in his biker outfit for that.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Are the characters based on their heights within their series or what you think they will be like compared to the veterans?

Because ganondorf in TP is much bigger in comparison to link than he was for brawl

D

Deleted member

This thread is for if characters were their "canon" sizes.
Ganondorf and Link are more comparable to their TP appearances than their Brawl ones in the OP.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe it's because he's a bird, but that seems awfully light for someone his height. Supposedly, he needs to be 10 pounds heavier to be at a healthy weight range for his height. Then again, I'm very heavy for my height.
I'm a little less a foot shorter than him and I weigh the same amount

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Why is Mewtwo so tall in that picture?

Btw, I love that picture of Fire Emblem characters.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Fire Emblem series added. Now I'll take the opportunity to make corrections to the groups already added before moving onto the rest. If there's any character you guys think should be added to a series line-up then now's the best time to let me know. (As long as they've got a Brawl model/import, of course.)
My only suggestion would be to add Chrom though I wouldn't know where to begin to find a model for him.

ChozoBoy

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, forgot and mentioned it in the Ridley thread where this is also discussed. The picture matches up nicely with his size in Prime and Zero Mission, but is a little too big for his Super Metroid appearance, and too small for his Prime 3 Meta Ridley appearance.
Posted this in the other thread, but this is his Super Metroid size. His size in 2d games has been consistent, aside from the retconned NES game. Don't have the Prime/Other M models to compare, so I dont know about those offhand.

No, it seems to be to-scale with Super Metroid, though the head is angled forward making him actually look smaller. Here's the proportional study that I used to make my costume for reference. It's clear to me that he was rotoscoped from this source, aside from the tiny wings and details drawn from the same game's concept art. He's even got the beard, extra finger, and little spikes on the back of his head. I think Sakurai holds Super Metroid to be the definitive design and scale, even if he was posed in a new way for the boss fight.

Scale the Samuses together and you'll see it.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Would I be kidding myself if I thought that Palutena would be about as tall as Ganondorf?
Palutena is not that ridiculously tall. While she's appears taller then Pit, you got to keep in mind that Pit is barely a teenager physically (13) while Palutena is supposed to be an adult physically (22). For reference, the average height of a 22 year old women is between 5'2-5'7, while the average height of a average 13 year old boy is between 4'11 to 5'5 (though it varies if the child in question has hit puberty or not).

Her battle in Kid Icarus: Uprising should give you a rough idea on how tall she is.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And Megaman?
You forget him!
Last time I checked, Megaman wasn't a Mario, DK, Zelda, Kirby, Pokemon, Starfox, Metroid or Fire Emblem character.

He hasn't been forgotten, he just hasn't been done yet.

Learn to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom