• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Singing for Paradise Chorus Kids for Smash

Bandanna_Waddle_Dee

Smash Apprentice
I'm certain this has been discussed here before, but would you guys prefer the Chorus Kids to have a fully rendered 3D model, or a 2D one akin to Mr. Game & Watch that stays truer to their canon appearances? Personally I'd love to see them in 3D with a fuzzy texture like Yoshi's new wool palette. Make their ties all big and fabric-y, and give 'em cute little blushy cheeks like Marshal.

Dibble

Smash Cadet
I'm certain this has been discussed here before, but would you guys prefer the Chorus Kids to have a fully rendered 3D model, or a 2D one akin to Mr. Game & Watch that stays truer to their canon appearances? Personally I'd love to see them in 3D with a fuzzy texture like Yoshi's new wool palette. Make their ties all big and fabric-y, and give 'em cute little blushy cheeks like Marshal.
I'd like to see them in 3D, but of course as long as it nails that Rhythm Heaven style. Maybe through a combination of cel shading and the 3DS outline thing? The main reason I want to see them in 3D is because it would make them feel a bit more part of the crew or something like that. I can't quite put my feelings about this into words, but it's something like how it would make it easier to frame funny pictures of them and other smash bros fighters interacting if they were 3D.
Also it would keep Mr. G & W unique.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I feel if they are made to be “3D” models they could be a designed with a lot more freedom with their attacks and movements I feel period

potato69

Smash Apprentice
I looks like we're in peak leak season right now, with real leaks becoming ripe for the picking. I will be hoping that our boys get their chance until the very end. If not them... then I hope at least one of their fellow RH friends can make it in :)
doo.png

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
In the event that they miss the base game, could they realistically be DLC? On the one hand there's the argument that they're not iconic and recognisable, and thus marketable, as things that could end up taking it like third parties (*cough* Crash maybe? *cough*), but on the other hand they might have enough of a Japan fanbase to warrant it? Like how Fire Emblem, which got a DLC, is apparently more popular in Japan? Plus maybe it could be a character considered for the base but only later gotten round to as DLC because development focused on other characters?

Dibble

Smash Cadet
In the event that they miss the base game, could they realistically be DLC? On the one hand there's the argument that they're not iconic and recognisable, and thus marketable, as things that could end up taking it like third parties (*cough* Crash maybe? *cough*), but on the other hand they might have enough of a Japan fanbase to warrant it? Like how Fire Emblem, which got a DLC, is apparently more popular in Japan? Plus maybe it could be a character considered for the base but only later gotten round to as DLC because development focused on other characters?
I can see it happening. Ultimate is releasing early in the Switch's lifetime, so we can proabaly expect a healthy amount of DLC content. Seeing as how Nintendo's character well is drying up, I can easily see Sakurai going for the Chorus Kids at some point, knowing that he wanted to put them in since Sm4sh anyways. 3rd party characters could end up being the bulk of the DLC again, but to be honest I think we have enough 3rd parties as it is, and we didn't get much in the way of 1st party DLC newcomers beforehand, so maybe that can change.

Of course that's assuming they aren't in base game, which is a silly thought! They're totally and completely 100% in, and it's also totally healthy to immediately assume a character is in even when there's no concrete proof!

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
It might be possible, but I doubt it would happen. They couldn't even make it back as Smash 4 DLC (although that might be because they wanted to save them for this game). I don't really think a Rhythm Heaven rep would sell well enough to be DLC, which is why I'm putting so much hope in base game. I can wait for DLC for my other wants, but I need the Chorus Kids in now.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I can definitely see them Corrin it alongside a new RH on switch.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
It might be possible, but I doubt it would happen. They couldn't even make it back as Smash 4 DLC (although that might be because they wanted to save them for this game). I don't really think a Rhythm Heaven rep would sell well enough to be DLC, which is why I'm putting so much hope in base game. I can wait for DLC for my other wants, but I need the Chorus Kids in now.
My biggest DLC hope is Crash Bandicoot, as he's finally gotten big again and has a five year plan with Activision. Him and the Chorus Kids both getting in would be the best!

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
I still wait for these Chorus Kids (my favorite character), while now I'm very sad.

tumblr_pal2glq0vf1tmhlg4o1_500.jpg

I wish they would be in SSBU, I think if they are true reason of Rhythm Heaven series.
And because it's all my dream come true. :crying:

tumblr_n7dqmlCLGw1ryxwm7o1_400.gif

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Ahhh I wanna believe that's a hint towards a later appearance for the lil white guy in Smash Bros :p

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
The banner leak has Chorus Kids. Yes please yes please yes please yes.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The Chorus Kids render looks ripped from the official RH art.

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 7.29.41 AM.png

The arm and leg positions are different with Ultimate art. I honestly think if they were in, the artist would have a more original pose.

The art of Chorus Kids is the only art from this banner that bugs me the most that makes me think this is fake. The other newcomer poses look fine, but not Chorus Kids.

Last edited:

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
The conductor being there is so WEIRD! It’s such a small thing that makes me lean on this being real. But I am being extremely cautious with this. But the fact that you can actually see Jiggs full body now is pretty good evidence that this is not something that was done without significant attention to detail

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If that is the conductor, then that's a pretty nice detail.

It kinda gives me an idea that maybe the conductor could play a role in battle via background like the Pokemon Trainer. It is an idea I have not thought about at all.

I still think it is fake.

The art of Chorus Kids, visually, breaks the art-style that the Ultimate banner is going for.

Although for curiosity sake, have we seen the conductor in that pose before? I know it's too blurry to clarify anything concrete, but I was just wondering.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The conductor being there is so WEIRD! It’s such a small thing that makes me lean on this being real. But I am being extremely cautious with this. But the fact that you can actually see Jiggs full body now is pretty good evidence that this is not something that was done without significant attention to detail
Yeah, he never crossed my mind before hand, It's just one of those little details that only Sakuari would notice, and it makes too much sense.
I'm still pretty neutral on this leak though...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
the fact that its been brought up in this thread would indicate certain aspects that would render spoiler tags pointless

Dibble

Smash Cadet
As much as I really want the Chorus Kids in, my complete and utter disdain towards leaks takes precedence for me.

However, I'm not very convinced by this. First off the blurriness is a huge red flag for me; it's 2018, and I seriously doubt any leaker would opt to use a potato to take pictures. Something about that feels very deliberate, like the person is trying to hide the quality of the things they leak. The Ken leak was fairly clean, so what's this leaker's excuse?
Also this is fairly subjective, but I feel as though the Chorus Kids stand out a little too much from the rest of the cast? They seem to outright copy Rhythm Heaven's stylistic, and generally I've noticed a lot of the attempts to make Rhythm Heaven leaks for Smash have a lot of trouble trying to blend the Rhythm Heaven fighter with the game's actual artstyle.

I will admit that I have a tendency to immediately consider any leak as fake unless it's actual gameplay footage. The thing about this leak is that there's nothing that outright proves it's fake, but there's nothing that seems to validate it either. It could very well be real, and I do actually like the roster it presents, but I'm not going to be giving this leak much thought until after any new details about Ultimate come out.

potato69

Smash Apprentice
It's good to stay skeptical when it comes to leaks, but if these leakers don't stop playing with my heart like this...

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I don't think you guys need to use the spoiler for this. We make these threads to talk about characters and leaks after all. Anyways I'm ready to be a good father so give me the kids for smash ! :drohmy:

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
As much as I really want the Chorus Kids in, my complete and utter disdain towards leaks takes precedence for me.

However, I'm not very convinced by this. First off the blurriness is a huge red flag for me; it's 2018, and I seriously doubt any leaker would opt to use a potato to take pictures. Something about that feels very deliberate, like the person is trying to hide the quality of the things they leak. The Ken leak was fairly clean, so what's this leaker's excuse?
Also this is fairly subjective, but I feel as though the Chorus Kids stand out a little too much from the rest of the cast? They seem to outright copy Rhythm Heaven's stylistic, and generally I've noticed a lot of the attempts to make Rhythm Heaven leaks for Smash have a lot of trouble trying to blend the Rhythm Heaven fighter with the game's actual artstyle.

I will admit that I have a tendency to immediately consider any leak as fake unless it's actual gameplay footage. The thing about this leak is that there's nothing that outright proves it's fake, but there's nothing that seems to validate it either. It could very well be real, and I do actually like the roster it presents, but I'm not going to be giving this leak much thought until after any new details about Ultimate come out.
The only reason it's blurry is because it was taken from a snapchat video.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you guys need to use the spoiler for this. We make these threads to talk about characters and leaks after all. Anyways I'm ready to be a good father so give me the kids for smash ! :drohmy:
Ehh, I disagree. The ESRB leak absolutely killed a lot of the fun in pre-launch Smash 4 discussion, so I'd like to avoid any knowledge of leaks like the black plague. Thanks to the spoiler tags used here, all I know about the "Banner Leak" is that it somehow involves the Chorus Kids. Because I don't know any of the details, there's nothing I can use to judge it's veracity. I can't really have an opinion on the leak, so no potential spoilers for me.

Dibble

Smash Cadet
The only reason it's blurry is because it was taken from a snapchat video.
Oh shoot my bad then. I don't really like to look too much into leaks on the basis that there's even a slight chance they're real.
In any case I'm still not buying this leak because I'm stubborn, and logic is overrated anyways.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Never played Rhythm Heaven but I do know these guys were pretty heavily campaigned for during Smash 4 so it's nice to see they might get their spotlight.

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
Oof, as long as we're talking about Banner tags and the like you had me worried there. I didn't know about the leak, so I thought some order came down from Nintendo claiming that the Chrous Kids were banned from ever being in Smash!

Glad to know it's just a leak, though as with any leak I'd take it with a heaping tablespoon of salt. I just don't think anyone working in the games industry would jeopardize their job by infringing on confidentiality clauses.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what to believe but it looks real. If it is I'm beyond happy Chorus Kids are in. Also, BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 add me to the list please, I've been a fan since day 1. Since the day gematsu came out at least ;D

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Glad to know it's just a leak, though as with any leak I'd take it with a heaping tablespoon of salt. I just don't think anyone working in the games industry would jeopardize their job by infringing on confidentiality clauses.
Guess you weren't around during the ESRB Smash 4 leak.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Guess you weren't around during the ESRB Smash 4 leak.
Unlikely leaks that turn out to be true have been a thing since Melee. I remember sharing the leaked Melee roster in middle school, but the kids there didn't believe it and said I got "spammed." Well, you can guess who had the last laugh there.

So... yeah, this leak. It's a little too good to be true, but I kinda hope it is.

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
I want this to be true. When I saw the banner picture, it looked like the Chorus Kids are with the conductor. Not too sure, but it would be cool.

Edit: If this is real, I bet that we’ll play as the conductor, and the Chorus Kids will be used in the attacks. I guess the stock icon would be the conductor too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom