• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Singing for Paradise Chorus Kids for Smash

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
image.jpeg
Figure I'd post the scan here even though it's already been mentioned.
The 103 stage thing was what was worrying me most, so this is a big relief. Now my hope for Chorus Kids has skyrocketed.

Also, here's my ritual from Thursday. I don't know why I thought I couldn't post it:
image.jpeg

As you can see, it kinda worked.

Dibble

Smash Cadet
Well this is certainly a huge relief. Things really are looking up!
So if we're getting a Rhyhtm Heaven stage, what music do you want to see appear and REMIXED?

That being said, would getting the rights to the Rhythm Heaven OST be difficult in any way, what with Tsunku owning all the tracks?
I'd imagine he's on good terms with Nintendo, so I doubt he'd overcharge for the rights. I just really don't want another Final Fantasy situation, especially for Rhythm Heaven...

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
108 stages ? What a great news to wake up to ! It'll definitely bring the smile back on the community's face I'm so happy !
View attachment 164589
Figure I'd post the scan here even though it's already been mentioned.
The 103 stage thing was what was worrying me most, so this is a big relief. Now my hope for Chorus Kids has skyrocketed.

Also, here's my ritual from Thursday. I don't know why I thought I couldn't post it:
View attachment 164593
As you can see, it kinda worked.
It's reversed ! That's why we got Isabelle first !

LetterO

Smash Lord
So if we're getting a Rhyhtm Heaven stage, what music do you want to see appear and REMIXED?

That being said, would getting the rights to the Rhythm Heaven OST be difficult in any way, what with Tsunku owning all the tracks?
I'd imagine he's on good terms with Nintendo, so I doubt he'd overcharge for the rights. I just really don't want another Final Fantasy situation, especially for Rhythm Heaven...
We will definitely see Dreams of our Generation, Glee Club, Karate Man (hopefully from Fever or DS), one of the Samurai Slices (hopefully Fever), one of the Built to Scales (hopefully Fever or DS), Ringside, Hole in One, and Remix 10 from DS and Fever,

My personal wants include DJ School, Love Lab, Munchy Monk 2, Lockstep, Air Rally, I Feel Fine (Fever Remix 3), I Love You My One And Only (Fever Remix 8), Beautiful One Day (Fever Remix 9), Flock Step, and many more.

I can definitely see the composers going a Castlevania route and giving them many songs.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Revealed a trailer of Simon in SSBU, where the wall is next to Death (he is hit by Simon's Cross) that has a drawing refers to Isabelle (a month after adding today). If it was the first clue of Smash direct. Umm... but, I do not find these clues of Shadow, and neither Ken. I believe they will be hiding in game SSBU can launch in this month December.

View attachment 164591
...What drawing of Isabelle?

TreeBranch

Smash Ace

I'm thinking we'll get most of the the Remix 10's, Dreams of our Generation, at least one Karate Man, and Glee Club if Chorus Kids are indeed the newcomer. After that, it's really Sakurai's choice I suppose. I'd definately pick Remix 8 DS as it's high energy and fits Smash quite well. I really want to hear it in their newcomer trailer. I'm also hoping we get most of the vocal tracks like Frog Hop, Airboarders, and some of the other Remixes in both English and Japanese. After that, maybe we could get some remixes of Love Lab and Pajama Party, but that's just a pipe dream. I'd probably be okay with any tracks they choose as long as it's better than what Smash 4 had to offer.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
The tracks involving singing might be a lot more pricy though.
Oh yeah. Shoot, this music list might be smaller than I wanted it to be lol. I'm hoping we'll get at least a few vocal tracks though. Hopefully Tsunku is completely on board

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Here's something to note on the speculation of leaks and what not:
If you go by Vergeben's claims, who's practically considered the Gematsu of this iteration of some people, he's only leaked most of the newcomers in this game.

Something to mention is that the only characters he missed are K. Rool and the Echo Fighters. ( So far, there is Ken possibly.)
The thing I find interesting about this, is that despite his 100% record so far, he's never mentioned them at all.
So what comes to mind is the idea that these characters were only heavily discussed internally, given the majority of them are based in Nintendo proper. Not a subsidiary.
So it's possible there wasn't a lot of conversation to multiple different parties to implement them in the game given the work was already mostly internal, therefore leading to no leaks containing them.
Just something of interest to note that could extend to different scenarios.
It could mean anything, it could mean nothing.

Anywho:

I'd personally love if some of the singing tracks like, Karate Man Returns or The Honeybee Remix, and even Airboarder got in.
Outside of that though, especially for the Chorus Kids, the Glee Club track from MegaMix, Sneaky Spirits, Ringside, and Flock Step would be amazing.

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I'd like for the rhythm heaven stage to be some sort of theater and every time you play on the stage it's different characters from the franchise who dance / sing. Like the idol, the cheereaders, the red dress lady and monkeys from tap trial, frogs from frog hop etc ...
Now there's not really a theater appearing in the games, only one and it's for guess who ? ... the chorus kids !!!

CK theater.png

Flamingbird

Smash Cadet
Still thinking about these guys.

On another note if anybody has WarioWare Gold you should call the phone number CAFE, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be the cafe from Rhythm Heaven that you call.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I'd like for the rhythm heaven stage to be some sort of theater and every time you play on the stage it's different characters from the franchise who dance / sing. Like the idol, the cheereaders, the red dress lady and monkeys from tap trial, frogs from frog hop etc ...
Now there's not really a theater appearing in the games, only one and it's for guess who ? ... the chorus kids !!!

View attachment 164921
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if them beaming like that in the superb ending would actually be one of their victory poses.

Also, is it just me or would the Chorus Kids practically be the Duck Hunt of this game?
Outside of them not being a retro character, I mean one that completely blindsides a lot of people.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if them beaming like that in the superb ending would actually be one of their victory poses.

Also, is it just me or would the Chorus Kids practically be the Duck Hunt of this game?
Outside of them not being a retro character, I mean one that completely blindsides a lot of people.
Well... Unlike Duck Hunt, a lot of people bring up the Chorus Kids (or at least Rhythm Heaven) during Smash speculation, whereas practically no one was seriously considering the possibility of the Duck Hunt Dog becoming playable. I dunno, the Chorus Kids won't be quite as flabbergasting as the other oddball choices.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
Count me in as well. RH seriously deserves more love. Be it Chorus Kids, Karate Joe, Wandering Samurai, Toss Boys, Bon Dancers, DJ, Wrestler, Rockers, MC Adore, the Dazzles, the monkeys, the Fork, the Donk-donks, whatever. JUST GIVE US STH RHYTHM HEAVEN SAKURAI

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'd be okay with just a stage and a bunch of music at this point. I just want Rhythm Heaven to have a bit of a bigger role ;-;

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Well... Unlike Duck Hunt, a lot of people bring up the Chorus Kids (or at least Rhythm Heaven) during Smash speculation, whereas practically no one was seriously considering the possibility of the Duck Hunt Dog becoming playable. I dunno, the Chorus Kids won't be quite as flabbergasting as the other oddball choices.
Actually, you would be surprised about who actually wanted/thought about Duck Hunt in the game.
He was thrown around quite a bit surprisingly, especially thanks to some resident SmashBoards members during the speculative period. But like characters like Bayonetta, Cloud, Bowser Jr., Robin, etc. No one actually believed they would get in the game.
With any mention of them, they'd ignore and move on.

I'm just saying I see them coming up as a character like that, especially for this game, that completely blindsides some of the community.
After all, most people here don't talk about them or touch on them given they believe the game is only regarding the ballot.
Also, here in the West, I think a lot of people would be bewildered by a Rhythm Heaven character.

Last edited:

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
Do you think that if we do not have them as a character, we could have it as an Assist Trophy?

It gives me that we are not going to have it, but I hope that in the end it will not be like that and be confirmed.

I really wonder enough things about what will happen at the end with Rhythm Heaven, if we are going to have more music after the Miiverse stage was eliminated or if we are going to keep Sneaky Spirit in some way like Spirit, surely we have a minimum trophy of Tibby in gallery.

Last edited:

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
I have no clue tbh, but I’m going to kinda feel bad for the RH developers after this. They were so close to playable representation in SSB4, and now they may just have some music and trophies. Feels bad man

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Do you think that if we do not have them as a character, we could have it as an Assist Trophy?

It gives me that we are not going to have it, but I hope that in the end it will not be like that and be confirmed.

I really wonder enough things about what will happen at the end with Rhythm Heaven, if we are going to have more music after the Miiverse stage was eliminated or if we are going to keep Sneaky Spirit in some way like Spirit, surely we have a minimum trophy of Tibby in gallery.
I'm pretty certain we would get at least one assist, but the fact that we haven't seen one yet could be very good or very bad. I'm hoping my they're just holding off showing RH assists until Chorus Kids are announced, but we might just be stuck with trophies and music again, which sucks.
Chorus Kids might not be appearing on many leaks right now, but I don't wanna give up hope. We still have tons going for us.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I actually just wanted to say that I believe the remaining characters (base roster) are:

69. Incineroar
70. Steve
71. Chorus Kids
72. Geno
and echoes Ken and Shadow.

But when I read Sakurais statement in the Isabelle column, I think this may be too much. I just thought, aside the leak with Incineroar, Steve and a Square Enix rep, they may be not knowing one or two characters (Shadow and Chorus Kids), just like with Richtter, K. Rool, Chrom and Dark Samus (Vergeben). But is this likely whatsoever now?

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I actually just wanted to say that I believe the remaining characters (base roster) are:

69. Incineroar
70. Steve
71. Chorus Kids
72. Geno

But when I read Sakurais statement in the Isabelle column, I think this may be too much. I just thought, aside the leak with Incineroar, Steve and a Square Enix rep, they may be not knowing one or two characters (Shadow and Chorus Kids), just like with Richtter, K. Rool, Chrom and Dark Samus (Vergeben). But is this likely whatsoever now?
This would be perfect. I think it's reasonably likely, too. All really care about at this point is Chorus Kids. Bandana Dee can always make DLC. I'm hoping the leaker was incorrect about Steve. I'd be okay with his inclusion, but he takes up a valuable spot on the roster that could go to Chorus Kids. The lack of any RH representation at this point is what's keeping me hopeful.

Edit: also chorus kids or Steve should be 69

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
It would hurt the makers of the RH series (and me too) when they don't put RH in, despite putting it almost in last time. And they missed the boat on 4's DLC too. I miss the "surprising" character in that last bunch. Like R.O.B., Duck Hunt or even Bowser Jr. and yes, also Corrin.

noise r us

Smash Rookie

69. Incineroar
70. Steve
71. Chorus Kids
72. Geno

i would be more than ok with this happening, and while incineroar isnt my first choice for a pokemon rep im definitely warming up to him. i can see this being pretty accurate too

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
This would be perfect. I think it's reasonably likely, too. All really care about at this point is Chorus Kids. Bandana Dee can always make DLC. I'm hoping the leaker was incorrect about Steve. I'd be okay with his inclusion, but he takes up a valuable spot on the roster that could go to Chorus Kids. The lack of any RH representation at this point is what's keeping me hopeful.

Edit: also chorus kids or Steve should be 69
I'm actually terrified of the notion of the Chorus Kids being #69.
Just please no.

Anywho, it seems that CoroCoro is most likely correct about the stage count and given we haven't seen any remnant of Rhythm Heaven, I'm confident on their inclusion this time around.
It would pretty much befuddle me after Smash 4's plans for an RH character to just not occur for Ultimate, especially since Sakurai usually goes to the creators to discuss their inclusion.

Last edited:

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
It’s kinda funny that at this point in time Electroplankton has more Smash Ultimate representation than Rhythm Heaven. I mean really....cmon now.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I'm actually terrified of the notion of the Chorus Kids being #69.
Just please no.

Anywho, it seems that CoroCoro is most likely correct about the stage count and given we haven't seen any remnant of Rhythm Heaven, I'm confident on their inclusion this time around.
It would pretty much befuddle me after Smash 4's plans for an RH character to just not occur for Ultimate, especially since Sakurai usually goes to the creators to discuss their inclusion.
Even if we don't get a playable character, I think we can count on getting a stage if CoroCoro is real, which is waaaay better than nothing at all.

the 69th character is gonna be memed on for the rest of existence, so they should either have had a reputation for being lewded (Isabelle), a meme already (Steve), or have a "gimmick" (Chorus Kids).
the gimmick is that there are three of them

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Even if we don't get a playable character, I think we can count on getting a stage if CoroCoro is real, which is waaaay better than nothing at all.

the 69th character is gonna be memed on for the rest of existence, so they should either have had a reputation for being lewded (Isabelle), a meme already (Steve), or have a "gimmick" (Chorus Kids).
the gimmick is that there are three of them
That's the one thing I would be happy with if we didn't get a character, or possibly a Sneaky Spirits as an Assist Trophy if not a stage.
Just give them some level of noticeable representation.
I'm just going to be thrown off if we don't get anything from Rhythm Heaven. It's just extremely odd to me.

Also, I think CoroCoro is probably real given there hasn't been a statement or revision of it, and the fact it lines up with a lot of observations. It's not like they haven't leaked info about Nintendo games before.

Yeah, I know. I'm just hoping that the Chorus Kids, or any RH rep, doesn't get 69.
I'm terrified for the fan art alone.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Having hope is the most important thing we can do right now. I still believe that we will see a RH character whether it be Chorus Kids, Karate Joe, or even Tibby. This seems to be a tough time for their chances, but I still believe it will happen.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
So, today I decided to finally get all perfects on my second file of Rhythm Heaven DS, and that got me thinking. Perfects are a pretty iconic part of the series, correct? I feel that aspect of the series should be represented somewhere in the Chorus Kids' moveset. If they end up having rhythm based attacks, maybe every three moves you could have the chance to go for a perfect, and if you time the inputs of the move correctly the P could explode for an extra hit. Maybe the P could even be their series icon? Honestly, I really don't know how it could be implemented lol, but I think it could be neat. I'm also thinking a turnip down special would be nice, where they stomp the ground for it to come out. They could then hit it at an opponent. Maybe they could even have a pair of tweezers when using the move in the air?

Also my ds lite's bottom screen is starting to squeak now lol. I blame Moai doo wop two and shoot em up two

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I think the Perfect would work very well for a quick rhythm based final smash. But in actual moveset ? hmm sounds really unfriendly for a fast action fighting game. Idk.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I think the Perfect would work very well for a quick rhythm based final smash. But in actual moveset ? hmm sounds really unfriendly for a fast action fighting game. Idk.
I completely forgot about final smashes! That'd probably be the best way to represent it. It would also fit in with the whole cinematic final smash thing if it was just a cutscene like duck hunt's. I suppose it could also require you to do some rhythm based inputs during the cutscene to keep the perfect, but that might be too involved.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I completely forgot about final smashes! That'd probably be the best way to represent it. It would also fit in with the whole cinematic final smash thing if it was just a cutscene like duck hunt's. I suppose it could also require you to do some rhythm based inputs during the cutscene to keep the perfect, but that might be too involved.
There are some FS that still require inputs for them.
Namely ones like Bayonetta, where you have to press inputs to get the max amount of damage possible.
So it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for their FS to be something along those lines.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Maybe the kids could have 4 Final smash in one. Depending how good you performed at the input mini game you get a "Try again, Ok, superb or perfect". The FS animation change a bit and damages too accordingly.

Top Bottom