• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Singing for Paradise Chorus Kids for Smash

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Here's the image:

Not buying this for a second, personally. They forgot to outline the music note in the series icon – no other Smash 4 / Smash Ultimate series icon has such a blatant mistake of this kind

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
The craziest thing to me about the Chorus Kids, the datamine and with Gematsu, is the question that people throw around "Well, how do we know it was them?"
Sure, we don't definitively know, but that's what most people use to dismiss them out of hand.
Like I mean sure, the Rhythm Heaven series is home to a good chunk of bright and colorful characters with all unique personalities, so it seems like it may be any one of them.
I actually think if Gematsu wasn't a thing and we found the RH icon, many people would probably be pointing towards Karate Joe or one of the Fever kids. Especially the former since he has seniority.

But I think that's more evidence for these children than actually against them.
I mean outside of being on the cover of the NA Rhythm Heaven box art, idk if they're on Rhythm Tengoku Gold's one, they're not exactly the most popular characters if we're being honest.
And also outside of them being featured in a WarioWare game and some promotional material, but those are the only case scenarios where they're highly prominent. I mean even with MegaMix, they're included with everyone else. It's not like they're the face of the series or been in multiple games outside of remixes and variations.
So of all characters, why them exactly? Like who would think about choosing them, when they're not exactly even named within the mini game you play?
They're definitely not an obvious choice for the series. I mean we even have supporters on this thread even say they can't necessarily visualize them.
And I think that's what makes them so prominent and interesting when regarding their possible inclusion.
These monochrome brothers honestly have a lot going for them. Just the fact that a character can be unique and make it into Smash on they're own merits without needing seniority or being the mascot, to represent the entire series is amazing.
These kids are just trying their best and got the recognition for it.
That is one of the very many reasons why I desperately want to see them make their ultimate debut on the grand stage.

EDIT: Okay, so I looked up the Rhythm Tengoku Gold boxart and I'm laughing so hard looking at this.
View attachment 162487
Like look at him, he's just right there happily standing there. It's pretty adorable actually, I just find it really funny for some reason.
They actually have a bit more evidence pointing towards them! Out of all the RH characters, these little dudes were chosen to get trophies. This is pretty odd considering they're just some nameless characters from a single minigame (and sequal) in RH DS. The other trophies were allstar picks. Karate Joe, Wrestler, and Marshal all were very prominent to the series at the time (there's also a Sneaky Spirits trophy, but they're a smash run enemy). The Marshal trophy even mentions people believe he is related to the Chorus Kids, bringing them up like they're special characters. Their inclusion as a trophy at all doesn't make sense unless they had something greater planned for them.
Their species also appears in the museum and memories section of Megamix, which shows they are more than just random characters from a random minigame. There's even little bow ties below the memories text. In fact, I could see them getting in simply because of how unique they are to Rhythm Heaven. That species may as well be the mascot (aside from monkeys, but they're a pre-existing creatures).
Like you said, it's awesome these bois were able to rise to the top. I have a feeling Sakurai chose them so he could represent the music part of RH better. Karate Joe may be more iconic, but his main thing is punching and kicking. Chorus Kids, on the other hand, actually sing.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Here's the image:

Not buying this for a second, personally. They forgot to outline the music note in the series icon – no other Smash 4 / Smash Ultimate series icon has such a blatant mistake of this kind
Thanks couldn't find it.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Here's the image:

Is that Windows 95? LOL well I'm glad Rhythm Heaven shows up in leaks at least

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It could be Windows Server 2003, because it doesn't have XP's window frames/taskbar.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I should add that the logo looks very unprofessional. If you need a few seconds to realize these are notes in the Rhythm heaven cloud it's bad design and Smash isn't known for that.

Jonofunu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jonofunu
3DS FC
0516-7588-9474
Enough with that, I do not want to think about filtering Karate Joe, but they are not real, I think they are filtering the manipulation since it's fake because I know how fanmade it is. Are they disrespectful and unpleasant and do you not understand those manipulators? Did you understand, is it okay?

Because I ignored those filters (known as filtering manipulators) and I'm sad and also crying that you do not trust those Chorus kids. And I trust them because I really liked those kids.

Last edited:

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
I’d be a bit disappointed if Karate Joe got in over them. In my opinion, they really are the best choice for a RH rep. They can do everything Joe can and more. Being a group lets them have a wider movepool that also stays true to RH’s minigames. Plus, I think they’d be the first trio fighter in fighting game history, which I think is cool.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
While, it's not necessarily a cursed one, I did switch my icon to the Chorus Kids.
I always loved this screen and miss it given it feels more unique and realized compared to the RH Megamix end screens.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Karate Joe, while having a unique rhythm play-style, would at most just use basic fighting attacks and would not go as far as to taking moves from other wacky RH games as it would not fit the character well.

Chorus Kids, on the other hand, would have a rhythm play-style, while also being able to use a variety of moves from memorable RH mini-games without those moves looking too out of place, while also being unconventional and refreshing (these are three choir kids fighting in Smash for pete's sake).

As iconic as Joe is, it is quite easy to understand why Sakurai chose Chorus Kids over him back in Smash 4.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I know this is the Chorus Kids support thread, but whether it’s them or Karate Joe that gets in I’d be happy either way.

(Given the size of the franchise, maybe we can get two characters down the line? Please?)

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I gotta say, even if mostly fake Rhythm Heaven get so many leaks ! That and the hints from K Rool trailer and stuff actually make me think the Kids have a decent chance.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I wonder if the Switch cannot handle 8 chorus kids in a 8 player battle (like Ice Climbers in 8 player battle in 3DS) how would the Chorus kids work ?
I’m assuming it’s not AI like Rosalina or Ice Climbers, and more like Duck Hunt.

JUNIT

Smash Rookie
NNID
JUNITO42
3DS FC
2981-9021-9040
Auto Main if they get in. What am I saying? THEY WILL MOST DEFINITELY BE IN! I MAIN CHORUS KIDS!

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I had a dream the entire roster got revealed, and Chorus Kids and Skull Kid were among the newcomers. Bandana Dee was also suspiciously missing, and while he's my second most wanted, I didn't even care. I was just too hyped about Chorus Kids lol. They had 3D models as well! Their amiibo was made of paper for some reason though. I want Chorus Kids sooo bad ;-;.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I had a dream the entire roster got revealed, and Chorus Kids and Skull Kid were among the newcomers. Bandana Dee was also suspiciously missing, and while he's my second most wanted, I didn't even care. I was just too hyped about Chorus Kids lol. They had 3D models as well! Their amiibo was made of paper for some reason though. I want Chorus Kids sooo bad ;-;.
most of my smash dreams involve non existent characters

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
This brings something up:
How would you guys feel if the Chorus Kids didn't really fit to your play-style?
Would you still try to main them or would you just appreciate and be glad they're here, but touch them from time to time?
This is something I never hear anyone really mention when it comes to their requested characters.

For me personally, I think I'd at least try to learn and adapt to their play-style, and keep them as secondaries. Kinda like I did with Robin and Charizard in Smash 4, given for one was too slow for me to regularly use and the other was missing the entire trainer from Brawl. I still ended up enjoying them, but they're not my favorites compared to my other mains.
It'd be great if I instantly fell in love with how they work, but there is a possibility that the opposite may happen.

Tinfoil

Smash Cadet
How would you guys feel if the Chorus Kids didn't really fit to your play-style?
Would you still try to main them or would you just appreciate and be glad they're here, but touch them from time to time?
This is something I never hear anyone really mention when it comes to their requested characters.

For me personally, I think I'd at least try to learn and adapt to their play-style, and keep them as secondaries. Kinda like I did with Robin and Charizard in Smash 4, given for one was too slow for me to regularly use and the other was missing the entire trainer from Brawl. I still ended up enjoying them, but they're not my favorites compared to my other mains.
It'd be great if I instantly fell in love with how they work, but there is a possibility that the opposite may happen.
I'd still play them. I don't really have a specific play-style.

noise r us

Smash Rookie

i'd definitely try my hardest to adapt, but if i couldn't, i would still try to play them at least semi-regularly.
although i play bowser jr and duck hunt so i doubt they wouldn't mesh with me

TreeBranch

Smash Ace

I think I'll play them regardless of their play style. I love the characters and the zaniness of Rhythm Heaven, so I think that'd be enough for me to try to adapt to them. I'm not really a competitive player or anything, so it shouldn't be that hard. I usually end up liking most characters anyway.
For me though, it's much more than just the fighter I'm looking forward to. I can't wait to see the stage, music, and items the series brings with it. This is why I need a Rhythm Heaven rep. The series deserves more than just a few trophies. For a series based around music, it sure doesn't have a lot of it.

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice

Well....I main Wii Fit so I’m good.
7FA5A5F3-FC68-4F63-A6C0-3D0874FBE17E.jpeg

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
I’m assuming it’s not AI like Rosalina or Ice Climbers, and more like Duck Hunt.
i don't think the can work like that, maybe if the Conducter is on stage and every down b is switching Chorus Kids, a cloud portal appears and the chorus kids get switched. Maybe 1 chorus kid can be good at specials, one can be good at tilts and one can be good at aerials

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
As long as Rhythm heaven makes it into smash I’ll be happy however they play. Of course I’d rather them to have fun gameplay so they become popular among the community and Rhythm Heaven will rise and conquer the world !!

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107

In my experience, I did not expect myself to main Peach Villager and Luigi. Probably will happen to the Chorus Kids too, even if their playstyle is needlessly complicated, I'd still dedicate time to learn them (they might be good pocket pick too LMAO)

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
I support the Chorus Kids. The Rhythm Heaven series were games that I wouldn't have given a look at if it was wasn't for the rumours of a Rhythm Heaven rep in Smash Bros. I can totally see the appeal of the cast.

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
I was a silent supporter of the chorus kids before actually playing a Rhythm Heaven game (what can I say? I like fighters from series you wouldn't think about having fighters from. Also Kirby, but I digress).

I've now finished my first Rhythm Heaven game, was thoroughly charmed by it, and now I would like to be a vocal supporter of the Chorus Kids.

7982Brick

Smash Cadet
With the karate Joe leak being fake it means our boys are still in the running.

potato69

Smash Apprentice
I'm so happy to see my fellow silent Chorus Kids supporters coming out of the woodworks :grin: Together, we will take over the world.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
No palette based off Glee Club 2?

Last edited:
Top Bottom