• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sing edguard

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Hardcore jiggs may notice but I havent seen this posted. So...

Sing can be canceled on the edge but not only facing the edge but backwards as well. So run off the edge everso slightly and LIGHTLY tilt up and press B to instant edguard. If you mess up, Ull probably Full jump off the edge and sing. Same resault cept a helluva lot slower.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Hmm, that is cool, and a bit flashey :)

Good find, I knew this could happen, never thought of using it that way..

'grats

Boonerstreet

Smash Cadet
It's been mentioned before, but I don't see why its useful. If your opponent is off the stage shouldn't you be going after them to hit them farther away?

RPK

Smash Lord
I always knew that and I thought all jigs knew that since you can do that from both sides and that jigglypuff turns towards the screen no matter what side your on

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Honestly it's just overly flashy, and unnessesary. It's actually better in teams when people aren't paying attention... make sure you practice resting a sleeping opponent though.. they are very low to the ground ussually, and it's a good idea to Fsmash half of the time anyway.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
Jump from the edge and instantly sing. You should put your opponent to sleep and it should cancel because you grabbed the edge. THEN you and Rest them.
XD
I found this out a long time ago.

Boonerstreet

Smash Cadet
I think they're talking more of a yoshi kind of ledge stall where you're just running off to hog the ledge when your opponent is trying to recover.

Edit

Hey ChozenOne, what's that rollout edgeguard you speak of?

rokimomi

Smash Lord
That's so risky yet amazing looking.

Fyi, I dont think this ledguard (if done right) should put opponant to sleep. It doesnt show the sleep fames at all. Its just like seeing jiggs go over the edge and magically grab it.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Fyi, I dont think this ledguard (if done right) should put opponant to sleep. It doesnt show the sleep fames at all. Its just like seeing jiggs go over the edge and magically grab it.
It's actually far more useful when you are on the edge, and your opponent is on the stage trying desperately to prevent you from atchieving ground touching.. they [sometimes] squander their spacing, and when they hit the ground your LC'd Sing causes them to sleep.

aka- "I'm sorry sir.. but you are under a rest" <(^_^)b

Magus420

Smash Master
I do this occasionally for fun/flashiness/situational usefulness. A much easier and reliable way to do it is to dash and then during the dash as you get near the ledge slowly rotate the stick from left/right to diagonally up and left/right. You'll continue your run and then once you run off the edge press b. Diagonals in the air result in up/down-bs while you end up with over-bs if you are on the ground, so if you hit it too soon you do a pound instead. You run a little slower when in the diagonal postion so you probably want to limit the distance you hold that direction for.

Magus420

Smash Master
In case people don't quite understand what it is, you basically are running off over the edge then the moment your feet leave the ground and you would begin to fall you instantly turn around and are holding onto the ledge the moment you press up-b. You don't actually see/hear ANY part of the Sing animation at all. It looks pretty strange.

Top Bottom