• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Since Falco's reflector is a projectile now...

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if it can be reflected or eaten by Wario. That would be quite interesting. Kind of like Link's boomerang being reflected and if it can't be reflected that'll give Falco an interestng approach advantage over Fox, Pit, Wario, and the Links. And if it is a standard projectile does it count as physical or energy? That'd be important for Ness, Lucas, and Game & Watch.

Plaz

Smash Rookie
That's a really good point. I think it's probably disjointed like a temporary sword; it can be "tinked" but if it happens, it won't hurt you. I doubt they would make it "edible" or reflectable.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it will be edible or reflectable. I also think it is a physical attack.

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
It's not a projectile. Learn what projectile means.
Ahem.

"pro·jec·tile /prəˈdʒɛktɪl, -taɪl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pruh-jek-til, -tahyl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. an object fired from a gun with an explosive propelling charge, such as a bullet, shell, rocket, or grenade.
2. a body projected or impelled forward, as through the air.
–adjective
3. impelling or driving forward, as a force.
4. caused by impulse, as motion.
5. capable of being impelled forward, as a missile.
6. Zoology. protrusile, as the jaws of a fish.
[Origin: 1655–65; < NL, neut. of prōjectilis (adj.) projecting. See project, -ile]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006."

So yeah it is a projectile just like Link's boomerang is a projectile. I'm not sure Wario can't eat it though apparently he can eat a charge shot from Samus or Lucario's Aura Sphere and he can eat his own bike so he may well be able to eat Falco's reflector though Falco will probably get another one.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Ahem.

"pro·jec·tile /prəˈdʒɛktɪl, -taɪl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pruh-jek-til, -tahyl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. an object fired from a gun with an explosive propelling charge, such as a bullet, shell, rocket, or grenade.
–adjective
[Origin: 1655–65; < NL, neut. of prōjectilis (adj.) projecting. See project, -ile]

So yeah it is a projectile just like Link's boomerang is a projectile. I'm not sure Wario can't eat it though apparently he can eat a charge shot from Samus or Lucario's Aura Sphere and he can eat his own bike so he may well be able to eat Falco's reflector though Falco will probably get another one.
Then its reflectable...

Relhots

Smash Lord
In theory the reflector could reflect itself then, we need to see two Falcos going at it
That would be really cool...i would love to see that...i wonder what would happen? would they damage? or would they just bounce off...it would be funny to see people try that...:laugh:

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Wario can't eat the reflector, the same way he can't eat Marth's sword. It's still part of his body, according to the game.

Link's boomerang is a totally different situation.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Ahem.

–noun
–adjective

Alright wise ***, he meant what a projectile in the smash series means. Not what the Random House Unabridged Dictionary defines as a projectile.

Link's boomerang is a projectile. Samus's missiles are projectiles. Falco's reflector is just a fancy looking disjointed hitbox, similar to a Marth's sword.

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
We're not really sure of that though. It may well be but it may be treated as a seperate object much the same way that Link's boomerang is. It's the closest move in practice. For all intents and purposes it's exactly like Link's boomerang except that it's faster, has an area of reflection around it, it hits for different damage/knockback, and it's shorter range. But in all reality we don't know how it's treated yet but we do know that it behaves almost exactly like Link's boomerang in that it's a projectile that leaves the character, goes a certain distance, then returns, and is caught. So if one thing works for one it will most likely do the same to the other (Excepting cases such as two Falco's reflecting each other's reflectors). Of course there's always the possibility that it's unreflectable and will just bore through another reflector. Again we don't know thus the speculation. Besides Marth's sword is in essence an extended portion of his arm where as that's not really true of Falco's reflector since it leaves his body much the same way that Nana isn't part of Popo or Link's boomerang isn't part of him.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
does that freaking thing even has a knockback?!?
i havent seen any video of falco hitting or sending people back with it, and not reflecting anything...in wich a way it will be useless

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it seems like if the actual reflector hits some one it does electrical damage and a little bit of knockback. It seems to basically just knock them down but there's some offensive ability to it.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Seeing Falco will be my Second main i got a question

If a Projectile and the Reflector hits the Projectile and the Projectile and Reflector hit at the same till will they Add damage or will the Projectile will only do damage. from what i saw from the Falco VS Wolf (Best Brawl Fight so far on youtube) Falco does a 6% dmg on wolf when wolf was at 0% but when wolf was at 168% or something the Reflector did no damage.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
Alright wise ***, he meant what a projectile in the smash series means. Not what the Random House Unabridged Dictionary defines as a projectile.

Link's boomerang is a projectile. Samus's missiles are projectiles. Falco's reflector is just a fancy looking disjointed hitbox, similar to a Marth's sword.
You beat me to it, I edited the article on projectiles a while ago coincidently. Still unsure whether the yoyoglitch is a projectile or not, but this is just a disjointed hitbox.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Lechteron, it's NOT just like Link's boomerang. When Link throws his boomerang, it becomes entirely seperate of him (e.g. Link can do whatever he wants while the boomerang is out and about). When Falco uses his reflector, he's unable to do anything until he catches his reflector and puts it away, or gets hit our of the attack.

It may LOOK like a projectile, but it ACTS like a disjointed hitbox.

And I think the yoyo glitch is in its own category XD

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
You could be right but I've seen him move before catching it in some videos. Don't recall if he was hit or not before he did though. It's always possible that it's kind of it's own thing too where it has some properties of both (It's very possible that you can't move before it's done unless you get hit but it's still reflectable.).

Enshoku

Smash Lord
It can't be a mix of both, it's whether or not he has any way of moving while the reflector's hitbox remains unconnected to his hitbox. It COULD be a projectile with a very long stun(IE, as long as it takes it to come back to him) that can be interrupted by a hit. This would make it act more like a disjointed hitbox, but it would still be a projectile.

redjack256

Smash Rookie
It just seems simpler, gameplay wise, to make it a disjointed hitbox. Otherwise, what would determine which reflector gets reflected in a Falco v. Falco match. Them both getting reflected is sort of redundant seeing as how you still end up getting hit.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
It's not a projectile. It's the same move, but you can direct it away from your body. It's actually a very creative idea and I was surprised when I first saw it. It's definitely something I'm going to play around with when I start playing.

Classic Yayo

Smash Cadet
I was playing with a friend today and I was Falco and he was Fox and he reflected my reflector. When it happened we were both shocked!

It only happened once and never happened again after that we tried it out and Falco's reflector goes right through Foxes for damage

Enshoku

Smash Lord
I was playing with a friend today and I was Falco and he was Fox and he reflected my reflector. When it happened we were both shocked!

It only happened once and never happened again after that we tried it out and Falco's reflector goes right through Foxes for damage
maybe you need to time it right, or maybe the reflector was at it's rope end and started to pull back just before it touched fox's hixbox.

saberhof

Smash Master
instead of looking to see if its a projectile, i myself don t really care what it is, i just need to know if it can help on anything or lead into anything. Any info on that?...

Winnar

Smash Lord
Not sure, I haven't seen anyone successfully lead into a combo with it (or even another attack). But it seems like it might be a good edgeguard, since it seems like it has great priority, somewhat good stun, and little to no knockback (though I think it stops their momentum? I've only seen it used on someone in the air like once or twice).

JoeTang

Smash Cadet
The knock back seems poor in my opinion, and if you miss, you're completely open. I think I've seen Level 9 Falcos angle it while in midair, but I can't make it go at anything other than horizontal, so I may have been seeing things, or it might have been an effect of them falling from midair.
I'm 90% sure it's a disjointed hitbox and not a projectile. Level 9 Falcos use it to edge guard me, but I'm not sure if it's effective since it's never hit me off the edge.

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
I cant wait to try it out, im ganna do fox refelcter vs falcos and see what happen

suprneb

Smash Cadet
wait so the reflector is something you can use to throw at someone and damage them

but do they take damage from the 'shine'? (im not sure if anyone here knows what im talking about - im kinda talking about falco's shine in melee, where when you activate the reflector, it electrocutes the opponent)

and if he throws it and it comes back, then theoretically you cant hold it for as long as you want?

Finch

Smash Lord
I suppose it could be some kind of weird way to approach or get a grab. I haven't checked the range, but you could shorthop into someone while doing it so that the reflector ends up on the outside of them and pulls them to you, and then you hit them or something idk. Some kind of wierd, situational mindgame.

Also could be a good edgeguard against vertical recovery characters.

Jem.

Smash Master
I've found a couple uses for falcos reflector when I played in tournament..

Jab (its really fast) to reflector before they DI out
SHDL to shine (Can miss, but, works)
And vs Marth,this guys up b didnt sweetspot the edge, so he was in the air, and I used reflector, and it knocked him back I believe a tiny bit.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I think that Falco's Reflector is pretty much the same as G&W's Bucket.
It looks like a projectile, but it aint.
Probably the case

Bohrain

Smash Rookie
I dont think it can be reflected, It seems more like a yo-yo than a thrown item

Top Bottom