• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Since customs are getting considered

Vengeance_NS

Smash Journeyman
i honestly don't have any customs unlocked at all didn't see the point. But now for evo customs are potentially up In the air. How good are warios customs. Do they make him even stronger???

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Well that sucks and is bad news. Mak everyone gets stronger he stays the same. That's no good.
Well to tell the truth Diddy Sheik and ZSS are going to stay the same and Rose Waft is actually a side grade. It doesn't compare to timber counter but still.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
All of Wario's customs are side-grades.

That is, most of them are good overall, but not to the point where they make the other customs useless. The only one that isn't worth consideration under any circumstances IMO is Garlic Breath.

Inhaling Chomp does less damage then the normal Chomp and forces Wario to hold his mouth open longer before he can end the move, but the move can be held much longer, making it more annoying as an edgeguarding tool, and resolves that annoying issue of barely missing a chomp and getting punished for it.

Speeding Bike can't be used as a throwing weapon well, but it's much harder to punish if it gets dodged or shielded, and also has higher fixed knockback, making it easier to get the opponent off-stage with it. It also makes Wario's recovery even better. Heavy Bike is much worse for recovery, but extremely easy to set up for use as a throwing weapon, doubles as an effective shield against projectiles while on the ground due to its massive HP count (Diddy's accursed bananas being a notable one), and has an easier time catching rolls due to its lower speed.

Widescrew works better as an OoS option due to it being able to move almost straight to the side, and has a very horizontal launch trajectory. Corkscrew Jump is probably the most debatable custom other then Garlic Breath, as the loss of a hitbox makes it more unsafe, but it helps cover the lack of recovery the Heavy Bike has.

Rose-Scented Waft KOs much later then the standard, but the bogus hitbox on it means that actually getting it connect is a joke, and it charges twice as quickly. Quick Waft similarly has much lower KO power, but is stronger then the Rose-Scented Waf or any of Wario's aerials, charges four times faster then the default, and has less start-up/end lag on the slightly and fully charged versions, making it a viable OoS option.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
@ R Rakurai Do you know around what percents Rose-Scented and Quick Waft kill at as opposed to the default? I've been playing Wario some lately and was wondering if I should start using one of them or just keep the default. Because of the hitbox/double charge speed, I'm thinking about using Rose-Scented Waft. My local scenes monthlies have customs legal so I can use anything I want in tournament.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Fully charged Rose-scented Waft only kills at around 150-170% from center stage without rage, but it's really easy to hit people with it while they're trying to recover due to how huge the hitbox is.

Fully Charged Quick Waft kills around 130-150% and activates its super armor on frame 3 or something silly so you can interrupt certain attacks with it rather easily.

On a side note, I'm kind of surprised at the lack of Speeding Bike in the movesets used in the moveset project, mostly because it combos into all three waft variants at KO percents,

Last edited:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I've experimented a lot with the Garlic Breath, and I truly love it, even though it feels bad at first. I find it to be very good at edge guarding, and once you learn it and time it properly, stunning the enemy to get a free Smash attack or a free Waft on them feels really good.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I don't think it's so much that Garlic Breath is bad as it is that the bite is much better.

While you can potentially get a nice hit off of it if you manage to get it to connect, you're giving up what's probably the best command grab in the game for it.

Secrethide1

Smash Rookie
I've experimented a lot with the Garlic Breath, and I truly love it, even though it feels bad at first. I find it to be very good at edge guarding, and once you learn it and time it properly, stunning the enemy to get a free Smash attack or a free Waft on them feels really good.
Also Garlic Breath can be used to get a max combo in training mode. It takes long though (About 25-30 minutes of spamming the B button)

Top Bottom