• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SIMPLE Luigi Ladder is ON! (Update: NOT "ON" ANYMORE)

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
BIG NEWS UPDATE (01-Nov-08): 950 replies. The SIMPLE Luigi Ladder surpassed my wildest expectation. With 950+ replies, this is the longest thread on the Luigi boards. And that's the least of the accomplishments. The greatest thing that happened was so many great Luigi maining Luigi board memebers got to fight against and learn from each other. I, for one, sure learned many different Luigi styles, followups, and technique uses from each one of you. And I feel a lot closer to each one of you that I fought against... um... as close as one can feel without VoIP Chat (Nintendo needs to get moving on voice chat).

Anyway, I'm sad to end this one. But the next one will have a better rank and point system, rule improvements, and hopefully more players to find. And if SWF Friend Finder comes back online in time it could perhaps be incorporated. Expect it to launch mid-November.

In the meantime, either take a break from all the dittos, or join an experimental mini-tourney/ladder that I'll start in a few days. Also, this thread can still be used to find some friendly matches. Good times everybody! Now here's the final standing.

FINAL RANKING
  1. 51 Coins elheber "WiiGi" 4511-1664-0579 - Last Match: Delta BP26
  2. 50 Coins Magnumblade "L.O.S" 2449-4330-0368 - Last Match: hippiedude92
  3. 49 Coins hippiedude92 "CM" 1246-9566-4759 - Last Match: Magnumblade
  4. 48 Coins Player01 "JASON" 4425-1288-4719 - Last Match: WIGI
  5. 40 Coins WIGI "WiGi" 1633-3867-0816 - Last Match: elheber
  6. 26 Coins locuan128 "Lcuan" 4382-2026-4574 - Last Match: elheber
  7. 16 Coins cr4sh "CR4SH" 3738-1916-9615 - Last Match: elheber
  8. 15 Coins BearJaw "BEAR" 3866-7671-1908 - Last Match: WiGi
  9. 3 Coins Delta BP26 "Delta" 4382-1656-7709 - Last Match: elheber
  10. 2 Coins Pompi "pompi" 2320-7910-1269 - Last Match: WIGI
    2 Coins LinkStrifeLeonhart "LSL" 1676-6596-4670 - Last Match: Pompi
  11. 0 Coins Sr. Juego y Reloj "Ska" 1891-0879-8490 - Last Match: chic
    0 Coins ALiAsVee "ALiAs" 4596-9146-3769 - Last Match: hippiedude92
  12. ...

RULES
  • Luigi Only. If either player is not using Luigi, then it is not part of this ladder.
  • Contestants are ranked on a coin system and start with 0 coins.
  • Each contestant is in charge of finding and challenging another contestant on their own.
  • Contestants can challenge any other contestant except the last one they played.
  • Stock, Stages, and Items are up to the players. Anything goes if you so desire.
  • Each match is a Best of 3.
  • If the winner of the Best of 3 continues playing after winning, he's extending the match to Best of 5.
  • The winner of the match must report his win against the opponent in this thread.
  • Winning a match adds 5 Coins + (Loser's Coins - Winner's Coins) / 2, Rounded Up, Minimum 2 Coins.
  • Losing a match still adds 1 Coin.

Good Luck, and Good Times!!

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
It's up to you. I believe most people will play that way. But if it ever gets boring with only Luigis, the Ladder doesn't discourage items and odd stages.

Also, I'll rarely ever let a match end in Best of 3, unless I have little time. I think most people would do the same.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I don't have any recording eqpmnt. But hopefully someone else will. There's been some hilarious moments during my practice with others.

PS. I'm online right now waiting in a room if anyone wants to challenge me.

EDIT: WIGI, I took you out of the list then, since you won't be joining and we don't have your Friend Code. Would'a been nice just to have you register the codes on both sides though.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
So what's the unconfirmed thing all about?

And oh, if anyone in this ladder would like to play right now...

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
I'll try to show up, but if I don't arrive, it's because of my stupid sister and her iCarly (oh god no) whoring.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
No seriousness, its not strictly for the lulz. Mostly its to see what the other luigis have/do/whatever. I've only played elheber so far, but its alot of fun, even if I blow massive **** on wifi lol. Call it a john if you want, but the input lag ruuuuuins me.

And, jsut in case you're wondering, the wired connection actually does help with the input! But only by a itty bitty amount lol.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Good times cr4sh!! I will assume the first match (time=2min) didn't count. That means i wins in the Best of 5 (Smashville = Win, Battlefield = Win, Final Destination = Lose, Halberd = Win). That's when i changed character so you knew the match was done. Till we each play someone else, we can still friendly. Good times. =)

PS. The friggin FJP war was crazy!

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Mostly for fun. If it was serious, points would be based on who you fought. The way it's set up, it'll be the people that play the most that will rank higher. So it's more like incentive to play.

Also, once you register the friend codes of all the others (both ranked and unconfirmed) just let me know in this tread and I will Confirm you. That way we know who's ready to play against the rest.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I put you in. If you go online, you're sure to find someone. Perhaps me. Perhaps hippiedude.

GG hippiedude. I don't even dare go after you if you're off stage. I've noticed that offstage gimpage is the way you KO me most of the time. And I still get KOd that way. Lost 3 in a row (Smashvill, Final D, and Battlefield).

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
im online right now lets play before i have to study physics

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Lol yeah I' m moar aggressive offstage but very careless (Saw that awesome misfire going offstage and falling to my doom? ^^). I really needa get shoryuken's back on my game but I haven't been using it cause most people I fight expect it or its just too high level play =/

I couldnt go super aggressive diddy cause of input lag -.-

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
you have an ok zss WiiGi but you need to combo those dsmashes better they are her best freakin weapon

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Yeah GG. After the first game where I lost, I expected to get owned the rest of the game. There was so much latency in our games, where are you from?

elheber + 5 coins.

EDIT: Be really careful with hippiedude... he ***** offstage.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Oh snap the ladder started i forgot xD. Someone go on tommorow, I have off :3

Pompi

Smash Journeyman
yeah we had a lot of lag and i felt like i was going to **** you every game but i was in for a big surprise when we played yoshis island im from columbia

alias wanna fight me next?

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
The time I played ZSS with you Pompi is the first time i've ever used her. EVER. I tried to use her in a friendly with hippiedude92, but all I got was Samus. I tried to taunt into Zamus but I gave up. In fact, I have never used DDD, Fox, Marth, Roy, Falco, PT, Wolf, and Captain Falcon. Ever.

Crazy.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
That's alright; if this goes well, there'll be more to come. And smoother at that.

Anyway, I'll be online for a few. Hope to catch some of you there. If I'm with someone not on the ladder, join, and then we can both exit to create our own room.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I knew it when I fought you, but I just forgot to hold the button. The same thing happened the second time I used Samus with Pompi.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Good to see you playing Delta!! You scored 5 coins!!

I lost 2, then won 2, then lost the last one. Sadness comes over me. I've begun to notice a pattern in the "last mach" on Rankings in the first post. You guys should play each other.

EDIT: As of this edit, Delta, Sr. Juego y Reloj, and hippiedude are online. Oddly enough, none of you are playing each other. Whats up with that?

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Yeah, let's go hippiedude. I'll host.

Heh, elheber, we had some awesome games, and some ridiculous games. Smashville and Norfair come to mind...

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Oh, dude, hippie; that's what the confirmation was all for. Well, he's on. He's fighting someone ATM but he did say he wanted to Brawl you.

Top Bottom