• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple DR implementation...

eRgoT

Smash Rookie
Whenever I find myself in a situation where I'll get a jab off on the opponent, directly afterward I dash-DR towards the opponent and jab again. This will usually catch the opponent off guard the first couple times; once they learn how to punish it through shield, then you can switch it up with a dash grab instead to produce an easy mind game.

Nothing game breaking, but it's little things like this that keep me playing Yoshi.

Btw, why isn't there a thread for serious DR discussion? I haven't been to these boards in awhile and I'm disappointed to see the lackluster for this tech =/

bigman40

Smash Master
Btw, why isn't there a thread for serious DR discussion? I haven't been to these boards in awhile and I'm disappointed to see the lackluster for this tech =/
Because VERY few people have decided to take it seriously, or take the time to learn it.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Because VERY few people have decided to take it seriously, or take the time to learn it.
But we could try to make such a thread...
because there are some yoshi players (not much but they do exist x) ) who are using the DR, and those could discuss about it^^
I really would like to know how the DR can be used
i´m sure that everyone has his own style to use it

anyway, your idea is interesting, i´m going to try it out, thanks ;D

bigman40

Smash Master
But we could try to make such a thread...
because there are some yoshi players (not much but they do exist x) ) who are using the DR, and those could discuss about it^^
I really would like to know how the DR can be used
i´m sure that everyone has his own style to use it

anyway, your idea is interesting, i´m going to try it out, thanks ;D
By all means, you can make one, I know I'll still be there to help contribute. It's just that I don't really have the faith as I used to in some/most Yoshi mains as I used to.

Airborne

Smash Lord
hmm... never thought of it tat way... o.O.... i'll try it the next time i turn my wii on... that would take a lot of timing.... and i have a hard time DTing.... =\
but we should make a detailed thread of all the possible uses of DR.... i think techzilla and chaco would put forth some great ideas to test.... maybe we could have meta's test thread and the DR thread cooperate in some way... or just fuse the 2.... get Shiri of the land of OCD.... b/c i'm not exactly that type of obsessive compulsive XD

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, I'm remaking the DR thread soon. I've talked to Shiri and Scat about it.

And I'm making videos with Airborne.

Also, what you speak off is DT.

Depster

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm willing to help with a more advanced DR thread. I really like the tech, and I find myself always practicing it so I also need some more advanced applications to try out.

Drakkhonian

Smash Rookie
I think the most simple use for DR is mind games.

I usually do it to force other to do something without thinking, wich puts me in a defensive-coutering position.:devil:

I don't know why but some people are actually scared when I DR alone.

It's just that I don't really have the faith as I used to in some/most Yoshi mains as I used to.
Hey scatz, does that include me?:(

And by the way, love ya!

bigman40

Smash Master
I think the most simple use for DR is mind games.

I usually do it to force other to do something without thinking, wich puts me in a defensive-coutering position.:devil:

I don't know why but some people are actually scared when I DR alone.

Hey scatz, does that include me?:(

And by the way, love ya!
I do not give out information such as that. You won't be able to get the answer from me.

eRgoT

Smash Rookie
Hi Hoffman :)
Hey Socks xD

You'll have to check out my Yoshi next time I see ya at a weekly, he's pretty much turned into my secondary to Diddy, I have too much fun playing him. Maybe it'll do better against your Mario and I won't get bananas caped in my face again, haha.

So, anyone knows of another simple use for DR?
Not so simple, but when my opponent is high on damage I like using DR to soak up an attack so I can get a down-b ko. Difficult to pull off, but boy is it flashy.

You're correct in your 'mind game' statement. Sometimes I can run towards the opponent, and as I get just within range of their attacks, DR away, only to have them been juked into an action that leaves them punishable.

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
I haven't posted here in ages, but you might also find it useful to mix up your jab-> jab to jab->ground pound, i find it works really well

Top Bottom