• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Side B - New Tactic?

KillamEXE

Smash Rookie
I was at school today playing against some friends at lunch. My friend mains Ike, and I'm sure he didn't see it happen. When he used his Side B while he was off of the ground, but almost touching, he went flying to the side... Then he hit the ground and slid, in a normal standing position. I tested this a few minutes ago, and even though it's a bit hard, it's still do-able if somebody knocks you off the side of the stage. You can slide back on and be in a position to use any smash attacks WHILE you're still sliding.

Just thought I'd say it, since I posted something about Fox and Wolf today, both unmentioned thus far.

Tenki

Smash Hero
it's like a shorthopped 'grand viper' start.

=| I used to use it to slide a bit too, when I played Ike.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
ive actually never used it like that im glad new people talk about this stuff that doesnt get mentioned any more. what can you actually do with that extra slide or does it just extend and utilt or AAA are still the best options?

ike_love

Smash Apprentice
It seems like you would slide into your attack, usually if you QD, in the air, that's it. So you might be able to catch someone thinking that you're open off-guard. This is slight on and off topic, if you guys wanna see some real sliding, to a stage with some ice, stand on one side of the stage, input a forward smash with the A-stick and A, but slightly delay the a button (just not long enough to start running), and charge the smash. You'll slide all the way across the stage while charge your Fsmash. Probly not anything new, but it's fun and looks really cool.

iron blade

Smash Ace
I've done this several times. It' s not a new tactic, but it's very useful. I find that the AAA combo, Dsmash, and downB are easiest to do while sliding.

Top Bottom