• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sick pacman safeguard

Gamebox_64

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1950-9956-5176
Pacman seems to have infinite tricksies, one I discovered last night I feel is a very useful edgeguarding option.
When a hydrant is placed right on the edge and launched with jab 1 it tumbles and falls right passed the ledge straight down just like villagers bowling ball.
the quickest way to do this trick is to stadnd on the edge drop a hydrant from standing position quickly drop off back air turn around jab on the hydrant (it can be done before water shoots out) i have had great results from this even netting some earlier kills. thought i

thought id share try it out! lets go pac mains!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Pacman seems to have infinite tricksies, one I discovered last night I feel is a very useful edgeguarding option.
When a hydrant is placed right on the edge and launched with jab 1 it tumbles and falls right passed the ledge straight down just like villagers bowling ball.
the quickest way to do this trick is to stadnd on the edge drop a hydrant from standing position quickly drop off back air turn around jab on the hydrant (it can be done before water shoots out) i have had great results from this even netting some earlier kills. thought i

thought id share try it out! lets go pac mains!
Yep. I do it all the time. The "love tap" technique is also amazing for creating a barrier in front of you to give you ample time to charge your fruit.
But wanna know something cooler?
Use bair ->trampoline right next to the hydrant to bounce the hydrant up with a trampoline underneath it by the ledge. Now, every ledge get up option is covered

Gamebox_64

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1950-9956-5176
Yep. I do it all the time. The "love tap" technique is also amazing for creating a barrier in front of you to give you ample time to charge your fruit.
Use bair ->trampoline right next to the hydrant to bounce the hydrant up with a trampoline underneath it by the ledge. Now, every ledge get up option is covered
what dope im glad i posted this now. thanks dude

PacMain92201

Smash Cadet
Do you put the trampoline in between the ledge and the hydrant or on the other side of the hydrant? And something else I've wondered is if you have a trampoline to cover the regular get up option and they roll, do they get bounced up (I put the trampoline to cover the regular get up all the time but my opponent never rolls)

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Do you put the trampoline in between the ledge and the hydrant or on the other side of the hydrant? And something else I've wondered is if you have a trampoline to cover the regular get up option and they roll, do they get bounced up (I put the trampoline to cover the regular get up all the time but my opponent never rolls)
You put it underneath the hydrant. Bair weakens the hydrant, and then the trampoline makes it bounce if you use it right next to it. This places the hydrant on top of the trampoline while bouncing.
And rolls/shields/spot dodges are ignored by the trampoline

PacMain92201

Smash Cadet
Nice, and one thing I noticed abadango do in one of his matches (when he was playing against a villager at apex) was that he went off the stage, had his back towards his opponent, and b reversed the key for a stage spike. Maybe for the stages with a lip this could be a reliable punish method if they take too long on the ledge and try to wait out the hydrant trampoline trap.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=noGddFy-y_4 This is the link. Skip to the match on battlefield

Last edited by a moderator:

Gamebox_64

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1950-9956-5176
Bair into up tilt sends the hydrant straight up kinda cool anti air, so many options

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Bair into up tilt sends the hydrant straight up kinda cool anti air, so many options
Bair into Usmash with the water pushing you forward throws the hydrant all the way across the stage, along with pac-man as the water pushes him.
If the opponent tries to shield it, use trampoline on them, and laugh as the trampoline and hydrant hit

Gamebox_64

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1950-9956-5176
Bair into Usmash with the water pushing you forward throws the hydrant all the way across the stage, along with pac-man as the water pushes him.
If the opponent tries to shield it, use trampoline on them, and laugh as the trampoline and hydrant hit
genius.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Nice, and one thing I noticed abadango do in one of his matches (when he was playing against a villager at apex) was that he went off the stage, had his back towards his opponent, and b reversed the key for a stage spike. Maybe for the stages with a lip this could be a reliable punish method if they take too long on the ledge and try to wait out the hydrant trampoline trap.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=noGddFy-y_4 This is the link. Skip to the match on battlefield
wut is da time for it?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Turns out if you time this right the initial hit of this actually hits below the ledge. I have a replay of this stage spiking during the 2 frames of vulnerability when you grab the ledge.

Admittedly, I've never been able to recreate it in a real match so far, but still good to know.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
bair to jab is like the second fastest.

shorthop, max height, nair, fast fall to floor, and jab,
Is faster

Last edited:

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
' shorthop, max height, nair, fast fall to floor, and jab,
Is faster'
Is patched now, need to to more damage.

Also I meant: Shorthop, max height, downB, nair, fastfall to floor, and jab.

i forgot to add the DownB insert.

Last edited:

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an

Man, watching Abadango's Pac-Man really makes me think of how I can improve on mine.

I'm glad someone like him came along for Apex and showed everyone just how good Pac-Man can be. He's a saving grace.

Top Bottom