• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sick of Short Chars? Im not ;)

falconbeef

Smash Rookie
Well I am not sure if anyone has been playing falcon all i seem to read is ***** ***** *****. Anyway if any of you actually did mess around with falcon you would know he can hit small opponents fairly easy with some timing and patience. Anyway as a falcon main i refused to give up on the one and only. I didnt think that lag cancel down air was a big deal considering i figured it out like an hour of owning the game. Anyway lets end the history lesson. What I mean about hitting small chars is...when u run with neutral a he jumps to high right? RIGHT. so how do we fix this? easy when u jump at his peak jump press down and then a few frames later a, he will perform 1 kick and if done right he can hit people like meta knight laying down. Though this requires a bit of timing to master i am able to tech chase and hit opponents laying down into down smashes. Try it it xD this is also decent for spacing :psycho:

Hopefully this makes it on the falcon guide list. Used this move to make some nice combos on short chars.

PS. this move isnt that easy as it sounds requires immense timing and spacing and is good to use to punish enemys who mess up a move. Dont spam it or ull the be on in trouble.

falconbeef

Smash Rookie
No replys yet huh xD seems like I would have a decent ammount considering this is falcons biggest or one of his biggest problems

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I'll have to try that trick. I've sort of abandoned the neutral air as a ground option because I was having trouble using it and never took the time to practice it, but now that you informed me of your little trick I will have to try it out and see what I can do with it.

Personally I still think that working out a RAR approach is the better option, but this will be a good trick to learn for close standing combat.

falconbeef

Smash Rookie
Ya falcon takes alot of patience and spacing in this game i noticed, but its nice to piss people off by making them forcibly stand with this move

falconbeef

Smash Rookie
Ya I do sadly I have this button lag issue, so I dont play my falcon online, i usually rob lol

falconbeef

Smash Rookie
If anyone could tell me how I could record my game I could show how this move works, so if anyone has a tip on how i can record effectively please share.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Play a match less than 3 minutes ,and press z I think at the end, at the score screen.

Hope this helps ;)

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Yeah the easiest way is to just save a replay of your demonstration. Then if you have a digital camcorder you can just USB it onto your computer and then upload it to YouTube.

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
^^ Haha, good stuff there.

Actually it's better to time the nair by hitting your opponent with the second kick. That way if they decide to jump into the air and nail you (cough jigglypuff cough) you'll hit them with the first kick. By the way this isn't that game breaking, it's just playing falcon smart, which is going to be a requirement for us if we want to do decent with him.

Top Bottom