• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHupair>nair>dsmash and nair>spike discussion

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
1.)-SHupair>nair>dsmash
I recommend integrating this into your gameplay specifically when your opponent is falling back down to the ground after juggling them. It's VERY good at punishing airdodging.You SHupair at them, immediately nair as you follow their DI, (you can fit an upair and the latter part of a nair into one SH) and finish the nair into a dsmash.

2.)-nair>spike
Also, I may have figured out how to [true] combo nair into a spike at moderately low percents. (again, maybe)

So you're standing next to your opponent on stage, and near the edge. FULL jump a rising nair, pulling them up with you. After the knockback, they're end up next to you, (midair) not above you. You just spike them from there.

Try these out. Tell me what you find. And once again, if this isn't new, just tell me.

*trying to advance the metagame*

Edit: If this thread turns into spam, I won't update my matchup thread anymore, because clearly you guys don't have anything to work on or try out. I've been laboring my *insert word here* off trying to find new things. I've been on my wii in training mode for about 8 hours to find out this stuff. So don't give me any bull. V_V

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff as always. Didn't know about the nair->spike. Will have to try those out.

I want to post some of my stuff, but I just don't have the time right now. 2 of the things i've found, maybe 3, are useful and will help olimar players.

Glad I'm not the only one messing around in training mode. :)

Your nair - spike reminds me of Dtilt to spike. Why haven't more people been doing that?

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
First I didn't think of trying, will have to try it. Second has been done.

Fino

Smash Master
Interesting find there. <3 DanGR for helping me try to just get these boards alive again :)
I'll have to try this out when I get home (I wish I saw this last night >_>) :D

~Fino

-Zure-

Smash Cadet
Does U-Air-->N-Air-->D-Smash seriously work? I mean, the opponent could just attack Olimar instead of aerial dodging into the D-Smash. N-Air-->D-Air is a good find. I've been experimenting with regular jumping attacks recently but didn't get to any conclusion.

Fino

Smash Master
Mmmm, DanGR... You've just inspired me to try something (just thought of it after reading it a second time), but I'm wii-less for the next few hours (cause I'm at school *tear* ). I'll try to post as soon as I can ^_^

~Fino

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
do u have to avoid hitting them with the knockback hit of the uair in order to nair them?
my bad. I should have clarified it a bit better. Yes, you have to miss the upair.

The SHupair>nair>dsmash is for attacking opponents that are falling back to the ground. You know how they'll airdodge sometimes? (of course) You SHupair and the nair is for pulling them into you if you miss the upair. It's simply for when your opponent airdodges, you can punish them with a nair>dsmash. (I guess you could nair>upsmash if you want)

That's all.

Does U-Air-->N-Air-->D-Smash seriously work? I mean, the opponent could just attack Olimar instead of aerial dodging into the D-Smash. N-Air-->D-Air is a good find. I've been experimenting with regular jumping attacks recently but didn't get to any conclusion.
read the above comment... After reading that...

They're above you when you'd upair. (you know, the one with god priority?) the nair>dsmash is to punish airdodging.

Mmmm, DanGR... You've just inspired me to try something (just thought of it after reading it a second time), but I'm wii-less for the next few hours (cause I'm at school *tear* ). I'll try to post as soon as I can ^_^

~Fino
I'll be waiting. :)

shanus

Smash Hero
Used to use both when i strictly played olimar. Although I try and really pull them down with me in the nair and get it to cancel on the ground before the last knockback hit and usually punish with an upsmash rather than dsmash. I do this because juggling is almost a surefire way to build up more percentage than the dsmash which I like to save a bit more often.

peeup

Smash Lord
DanGR... if it wasn't for you, these boards would have died so long ago. You're pretty much made of win. Kudos on finding psudo-combos.

Top Bottom