• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk Recovery Glitch Solution

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Nothing quite feels as terrible as sitting off stage, going to use a recovery move, and for whatever reason it just doesn't come out. This has been a problem for many Shulk mains off stage due to an odd interaction with the Monado Arts. This video by @erico9001 explains this odd glitch and how it can be avoided. Watch this video and fall helplessly to death no more!

SmashCapps wants to give a shoutout to Haku Doushi for the excellent cosplay featured in this article! To keep up with all things Smash be sure to follow @SmashCapps on Twitter.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I actually have never noticed that glitch...probably because I don't use monado arts that much when got smash off the ledge.

_gold_

Smash Master
That cosplay is so fabulous. I feel like that guy should be riding a unicorn or something.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I think this 'feature a cosplay' thing has gone far enough.

The Falco on the last video was bad enough.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
What's up with these ****ty cosplays

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Smash 4 so well programmed.

Maybe in Smash 5 we won't have Up B moves anymore. Probably the only logical solution so the game is fun & fair for everyone who loses to those cheap players who use recovery moves.

Also that shulk cosplay could easily be frontpage on r/creepy

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Man I didnt know other characters had recovery glitches. Samus' Tether grab sometimes activates aerials like Fair which will kill you. Air dodging out of tumble will fix that glitch too.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Man I didnt know other characters had recovery glitches. Samus' Tether grab sometimes activates aerials like Fair which will kill you. Air dodging out of tumble will fix that glitch too.
That isn't a coding oversight or glitch like this; you aren't allowed to tether out of tumble to begin with, so the input macro activates attack instead.

SPAZ494

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4511-0835-8425
I love how most of the comments are about the strange cosplay and not the video that is helpful to some shulk mains.

kesterstudios

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kesterstudios
that's something I hate about shulk. you cant do an up b when you're switching manado arts. this crap got me killed a few times. I hope they fix this soon...and give shulk less ending lag...and give better auto cancel windows to his aerials. (seriously they shouldn't auto cancel after the move ends that doesn't make any sense.)

but anyway so you have to air dodge to do an up b? ok I'm gonna see if this works.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I like how everyone seems to be talking about the cosplay, and not the technique in the video
Technique? More like "How to avoid falling to your death because more effort was put into removing things from the smash brothers series than was put into making sure the game actually works"

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
I love how most of the comments are about the strange cosplay and not the video that is helpful to some shulk mains.
we aren't shulk mains. we're just here for the picture lolz

___
I demand more articles to be like this tbh. It would definitely make site-going much more easier & friendlier to hardcore gamers such as myself.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Why are that guy's nips so small
Nips grow smaller when hard. Men are supposed to have small nips. Unless, like, their X chromosome is all up in their business more than their Y chromosome.

YOU ARE LEARNING

On topic: I thought this was "feature" more so than a glitch, just because of the way the Manodo Arts work. In most cases, I find it better to stay center stage and just go to the edge to keep someone off stage. It stops gimp shenanigans from happening, since Shulk is oddly helpless off stage despite Nair and a 2-hitbox UpB.

Last edited:

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Seriously, why is this game so badly programmed?
It is not badly programmed. All games have bugs and glitches littered around and Smash 4 has less than most new games released. There would be less of it but Smash 4 did not have that long in development time for a game that was made for two different hardware at the same time. Melee was the worst designed by Smash standards.

Tsukuokami

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tsukuokami
I have actually experienced this before and was confused as to what was happening. When I'm dying I always save my jump for after I go into jump. Very helpful and I hope this gets patched.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
It is not badly programmed. All games have bugs and glitches littered around and Smash 4 has less than most new games released. There would be less of it but Smash 4 did not have that long in development time for a game that was made for two different hardware at the same time. Melee was the worst best designed by Smash standards.
Fixed your post for you.

"Glitches" in melee (and I use that term very loosely) can be used to make the game faster, better, and give it a higher skill ceiling.

Glitches in smash 4 cause your up b not to work, or Pacman to jank you through solid ground.

Again, if they spent less time thinking up ways to remove depth / techniques / advanced mechanics from the game, and more time programming the game so it actually works... it might just be as good as smash 64 or melee.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Fixed your post for you.

"Glitches" in melee (and I use that term very loosely) can be used to make the game faster, better, and give it a higher skill ceiling.

Glitches in smash 4 cause your up b not to work, or Pacman to jank you through solid ground.

Again, if they spent less time thinking up ways to remove depth / techniques / advanced mechanics from the game, and more time programming the game so it actually works... it might just be as good as smash 64 or melee.
I wasn't referring to the good things like wave dashing but bad glitches and bugs like phantom hits, the game bringing you back to the start screen during the match, and Ice Climber players.

Top Bottom