• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffling?

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
I've tried to find if this was listed here and reddit and I didn't find it, so sorry if repost.

This time around it stands for:

Successful-Hit Fast-Fall Lag-Cancel

Different moves in the game have variable landing lag depending on whether or not they hit someone and you fast fall and hit the ground shortly after doing so.

Most prominent example I've found is Bowser Jr's Dair, but I've seen it on a few of the other spinning Dairs of others, like Fox. Still trying other aerials.

After you Dair, hit, then fast fall (I just spam it), you will have almost instant recovery. You can run, grab, smash, or anything immediately after this. This is based on time of hit to time of touching the ground. Rising dairs will not grant this lag cancel.

No custom items were used.

Example of variable landing lag

Example of shuffling

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
I did notice this was true for Zelda. If you fair/bair and fast fall, the ending lag is immensely shorter when you hit than when you don't. It's the thing I abuse the most, lol... especially cause if I sweet spot and it gets blocked it decimates the shield :p

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
This appears to be a property exclusive to Bowser Jr. dair.

I can confirm it does not work on the vast majority of other aerials, including specifically Fox dair and Zelda fair/bair.

It does not work on shields, but it does work on Luma, Villager Tree, or any other hurtbox.

Fantastic find btw.

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Interesting, especially considering the hoops we Ganons have to jump through to autocancel his aerials. This could help.

Edit: Dang...well, thanks for laying that to rest @ Thinkaman Thinkaman

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Update: This is specifically a property of the landing hitbox of Bowser Jr.'s dair. This is the hitbox that has to connect with a hurtbox for this to trigger.

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
Ah. then I guess the zelda thing is my imagination lol. Maybe it just has to do with the fact that I get to push people away when I do connect.

Top Bottom