• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle V to be Streamed by VGBootcamp - First MLG Supported Tournament in 3 Years

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Shuffle V has announced that they will be streamed by VGBootcamp. The tournament, to be held on February 22-23, 2014 in Columbus, Ohio, will be the first Smash tournament supported by Major League Gaming since the MLG Dallas Championship in 2010. While the tournament won't see the $35,000 in prize money provided to Brawl players at the Dallas Championship, it will see something not available in 2010. VGBootcamp will be providing a high quality livestream that can be watched on MLG.tv. MLG.tv was recently re-launched by MLG, switching from it's YouTube style iteration established in 2009 to the new premium livestream service.

Shuffle V will be held by the eSports Initiative, a non-profit club at The Ohio State University that raises money for charity by running tournaments. Last year, they donated $1,000 to Nationwide Children's Hospital and established a yearly scholarship for women in gaming at OSU. ESI will be running Smash Melee 1v1 and 2v2, Smash Brawl 1v1 and 2v2, and Project M 1v1 and 2v2. You can check out the Smashboards thread by going here.

thebaum64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebaum64
I plan to enter! I live in Ohio (2 hours away from Columbus) hope you all root for me!

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
lol, it's called shuffle but they still have brawl. That part of the tourney can be shuff.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
can't understand why some kids love this game
because they played it before they played melee (or understood melee), thought they were good at it, took pride in that, and now refuse to realize how broken and shallow of a game it is.
EDIT: I really don't like brawl, if you do then ignore my opinion.

Last edited:

Denti

Smash Master
Stop only practicing PM. Otherwise you will be :salt: when your Olimar loses bunches of MMs and tournament matches that it shouldn't.
Please invent the time machine and tell me that early January/December before Apex. ;_;

But good news, I am back to the grind and am practicing Brawl daily. I'm still working on my Project M Ivysuar too.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Hey so someone in the NEOH thread said that zero needs a host and to post here. I can probably host him if need be

Top Bottom